Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
@Speedster911 -- You could try reducing the steering ratio. That will counteract the Speed Sensitivity setting a bit to give you more countersteer when you need it for a specific car, without messing up other cars.

The "dumb" countersteer is the main thing I hope is addressed for PCARS2 with a controller. It should be more sophisticated in how it reacts to your situation, allowing you to catch large slides in a timely manner while not overcorrecting small kicks of the rear end. Some wheel users would cry out, "assists!" but it's equatable to self-aligning torque which guides countersteer with a FFB wheel or in a real car.

I already tried reducing that Wolfeman, it gets worse.. as it takes even longer for the car to turn wheels the other way.

The dumb countersteering issue, eh? I wish they had patched this up in an update - it is literally the ONLY thing that's annoying me about the game, I don't even mind the car sounds that are off.. I don't drive em!

Right; in PCARS it's near-impossible to fishtail on a pad because you're just trying hard to countersteer one way and it goes right into the barriers.... THEN your driver gets to the countersteering angle he should have while sliding! Steering column superglue anyone? :lol:

The track roster is ridiculous BTW. I always liked it. Updates have made a major difference in how they look (virtually no pop ups/tearing etc). Thinking of getting all DLC for the game. It hardly ever goes on sale though.

You must get the updates. They make a massive improvement to how the game feels on a pad. Plus, it runs smoother with practically little to no tearing at all.
I might do it on my other account(since I paid for all the DLC on that account before, I'll see if I can download). Guess I'm more focused on the Mustang GT4 and Ginetta G40, to worry about anything else.

During the Bathurst 12H, I was getting that itch hoping I can race a Global Touring Car in PC2.

...it's near-impossible to fishtail on a pad because you're just trying hard to countersteer one way and it goes right into the barriers.... THEN your driver gets to the countersteering angle he should have while sliding! Steering column superglue anyone? :lol:
The "superglue" is the Speed Sensitivity setting, which is limiting how much you can countersteer while up to speed. That's OK for reducing the likelihood of a snap-overcorrection, but it can prevent you from countersteering enough. After you slide off-track or hit the barrier, you can countersteer more because you're moving slower (or stopped).

You could always lower the Speed Sensitivity slider a bit.

I might do it on my other account(since I paid for all the DLC on that account before, I'll see if I can download). Guess I'm more focused on the Mustang GT4 and Ginetta G40, to worry about anything else.

During the Bathurst 12H, I was getting that itch hoping I can race a Global Touring Car in PC2.

Speaking of itches, I'm just itching to get the Car Pass and try out all the other cars they modeled. The current car list is a bit of a hit and miss for me. Some of the race cars are quite epic but the road cars.. mehh. Nowhere as exciting as the faster race cars.

But $30.. I don't know...

The "superglue" is the Speed Sensitivity setting, which is limiting how much you can countersteer while up to speed. That's OK for reducing the likelihood of a snap-overcorrection, but it can prevent you from countersteering enough. After you slide off-track or hit the barrier, you can countersteer more because you're moving slower (or stopped).

You could always lower the Speed Sensitivity slider a bit.

That is correct. I've reduced steering dampening and speed sensitivity even further, compared to your settings. I've also turned on "visual wheel filtering". Seems to help but I have to be very very careful. Increasing the steering rack ratio helps. I've left steering sensitivity where it is though - 25 feels just about right. Any higher, and it gets twitchy. Any lower, it gives you better control... but you can't countersteer to save your life. :lol:

Speaking of itches, I'm just itching to get the Car Pass and try out all the other cars they modeled. The current car list is a bit of a hit and miss for me. Some of the race cars are quite epic but the road cars.. mehh. Nowhere as exciting as the faster race cars.

But $30.. I don't know...

That is correct. I've reduced steering dampening and speed sensitivity even further, compared to your settings. I've also turned on "visual wheel filtering". Seems to help but I have to be very very careful. Increasing the steering rack ratio helps. I've left steering sensitivity where it is though - 25 feels just about right. Any higher, and it gets twitchy. Any lower, it gives you better control... but you can't countersteer to save your life. :lol:
I feel all the DLC is worth it. Just to have..
The extra liveries are cool.

I feel all the DLC is worth it. Just to have..
The extra liveries are cool.

I have all the free liveries. They're great. The free cars are nice too except for the V8 Supercar...what where they thinking when they did the sound?!

How do the DLC cars sound in your opinion? I'd love to get em' all but the idea of paying 30 dolls. Just don't want to.... !

I have all the free liveries. They're great. The free cars are nice too except for the V8 Supercar...what where they thinking when they did the sound?!

How do the DLC cars sound in your opinion? I'd love to get em' all but the idea of paying 30 dolls. Just don't want to.... !

Some cars sound great, though a lot of the sounds are recycled and altered, my favorite sounding car in the game is the Z4, that mid range V8 scream is heavenly,

Some cars sound great, though a lot of the sounds are recycled and altered, my favorite sounding car in the game is the Z4, that mid range V8 scream is heavenly,

Too much recyling yeah - to be honest they all seem to sound similar to me between shifts and climbing the gears. Canned and way too loud. For some odd reason, cars get quieter when you go to chase view and you hear this strange grinding/scratchy sound coming from the exhausts, particularly on road cars. *kinda like the loopy sound you hear on an LP player when there's no music left on the disc*

The Z4 is one of my absolute FAV race car sounds in the game. Just beautiful. Captures a lot of the character from the real Z4 race car. The Zonda R is nice too, as are the Formula cars.

As I mentioned, I'm biased with the Mustang GT4 and Ginetta G40. Other than that, something about the Group A Sierra whoosh and the E30 M3(it's similar to the real thing from DTM videos) gargly warble.
The 320i piercing rise to redline is awesome.

Save your money and wait for PC2. Look at it this way, you won't miss what you don't have. ;)

As I mentioned, I'm biased with the Mustang GT4 and Ginetta G40. Other than that, something about the Group A Sierra whoosh and the E30 M3(it's similar to the real thing from DTM videos) gargly warble.
The 320i piercing rise to redline is awesome.

Save your money and wait for PC2. Look at it this way, you won't miss what you don't have. ;)

Not all content will be going onto pcars2, licencing and or laziness, either way. All pcars1 content should be in pcars2 upon release,

Not all content will be going onto pcars2, licencing and or laziness, either way. All pcars1 content should be in pcars2 upon release,
I liked Shift 1. They messed up Shift 2.

PC1 is a revolution compared to Shift 1.
If PC2 is going to blow our minds(and I'm not saying PC1 is the perfect car game, but damn, it's the most fun I've had/having with a proper racing game), as a console only player, I can't fathom how.

I liked Shift 1. They messed up Shift 2.

PC1 is a revolution compared to Shift 1.
If PC2 is going to blow our minds(and I'm not saying PC1 is the perfect car game, but damn, it's the most fun I've had/having with a proper racing game), as a console only player, I can't fathom how.

I hear similar sentiments from other driving game/sim lovers - they can't stop talking about how nostalgic and good Shift one was, particularly the sounds, and that they goofed the physics and audio in 2. I have S2 on my X360, but I got tired of it soon.

As for CARS, it's fantastic. Countersteering can feel odd on a controller but otherwise it's very responsive and smooth. I love the freedom you have to adjust how YOU want to steer your car. Brilliant!

I suppose I'll hold out on the Season/Car Pass and check out AC in the meantime. It's on sale. I'm on the X1 version BTW.

I found out the course that vastly resembled Suzuka is called Sakitto in Project CARS. It is a great track even though it is a knockoff of Suzuka. Best thing about the course is that the Casio Triangle isn't used. With this, it's good for me because I'm horrible at that section. An added bonus is that it makes the final section a high-speed section much like the final corners of Monza. So it's not a bad tradeoff to not have proper Suzuka.

I found out the course that vastly resembled Suzuka is called Sakitto in Project CARS. It is a great track even though it is a knockoff of Suzuka. Best thing about the course is that the Casio Triangle isn't used. With this, it's good for me because I'm horrible at that section. An added bonus is that it makes the final section a high-speed section much like the final corners of Monza. So it's not a bad tradeoff to not have proper Suzuka.
The intention was to get a license for Suzuka but the track owners want boohoo bucks for the license, so rather than throw away the track, they reworked it so it was close but not quite the same.

@JohnBM01 -- A common impression is that it feels like a "historic" version of Suzuka. It really has a nice flow to it, and it's fun to zip over that final bit onto the front straight at full speed. :)

@JohnBM01 -- A common impression is that it feels like a "historic" version of Suzuka. It really has a nice flow to it, and it's fun to zip over that final bit onto the front straight at full speed. :)
I found it daunting at first. Had to get used to not braking for the final chicane.

Oh, you just installed PCARS? It's fantastic, you'll love it. :dopey:
I've been playing it again for a while without the updates on a different account. I've just installed the update on my original account.

Now, I remember why I did that. I can't save on my original account.:banghead: I asked the question in the Questions thread.
At some point, the game froze and I lost all my save data. I then deleted and reinstalled the game. Added all the content again and each time I start the game, I have to reconfigure my controller and game play.

Anyway, I'm still loving this game.

I've been playing it again for a while without the updates on a different account. I've just installed the update on my original account.

Now, I remember why I did that. I can't save on my original account.:banghead: I asked the question in the Questions thread.
At some point, the game froze and I lost all my save data. I then deleted and reinstalled the game. Added all the content again and each time I start the game, I have to reconfigure my controller and game play.

Anyway, I'm still loving this game.

Did you also delete the save profile that's connected to your original account? The one that got corrupted.

Did you also delete the save profile that's connected to your original account? The one that got corrupted.
Yes. I had two accounts and deleted both before selling my XBONE.

My future daughter-in-law gave me her XBONE.

Yes. I had two accounts and deleted both before selling my XBONE.

My future daughter-in-law gave me her XBONE.

Maybe the game is trying to load the corrupted save profile from the cloud?

Edit: I'm not a console guy so please forgive me if something that I post doesn't make any sense. :D

Edit: I'm not a console guy so please forgive me if something that I post doesn't make any sense. :D
All good. The save arrow starts pointing down and then asks to try again. Just won't save. Hopefully, it'll be fine for PC2.

Yes. The system was informing me, my the save data from yesterday, is different from the save in the cloud from June 2016.

Well, I took the option of loading the February save data. The game doesn't allow me to save now. It's a shame, but everything else with the game is fine. Plus, I only play offline and for a short time(about an hour).

Anyway, "Septemberish" will be here before we know it.

Hello everyone,

Just picked up a copy of PCars (I am on ps4 pro) and after finding some setting for FFB (man is that daunting!) I am really starting to enjoy it. I do have a quick question though, is there any way to stop the camera/head "compression" in the cockpit view? For example, when I go through Eau Rouge the driver seems to sink way down in the seat and I find it quite annoying. I would like to keep the driver's head position fixed. I have already set all the camera sway setting to zero and no luck.

Thanks for any help!

Back