Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
@ELCID43 -- The setting you're looking for is World Movement. By setting it to 100, your view will remain fixed. Setting it to 0 means the world outside remains "fixed" (zero "world movement") while the car moves around in your field of view. You might want a setting somewhere inbetween 50 and 100. 👍

@ELCID43 -- The setting you're looking for is World Movement. By setting it to 100, your view will remain fixed. Setting it to 0 means the world outside remains "fixed" (zero "world movement") while the car moves around in your field of view. You might want a setting somewhere inbetween 50 and 100. 👍

Awww man, you my boy Wolfe :cheers: thanks!

Is there are current thread or list of clean racers PSN ids that would like to friend?
I'm searching and not finding anything.

After getting my FFB set up today I did my first race :). No driver aids driving the Marek LMP1 car at Spa, AI at 50%. Qualified on pole and proceeded to get pounded around by the AI :boggled:. My lap times were very competitive but it seemed that the AI just didn't know I was there lol. Guess there is a steep learning curve with those boys, but I will learn to play their game.

Oh yeah, last couple of laps I was starting to bump and grind my way through the field until I had a BIG moment at the top of Eau Rouge, no AI to blame there :banghead:

Something i been wondering? Why doesn't the P1 backfire? I driven it over 7K miles and yet to see it backfire once :boggled:

As i remember from my short time with AC the P1 in that game backfires like crazy :)

Something i been wondering? Why doesn't the P1 backfire? I driven it over 7K miles and yet to see it backfire once :boggled:

As i remember from my short time with AC the P1 in that game backfires like crazy :)

I've noticed cars in PCARS generally backfire less. The P1 or the Z4 race car i.e. backfires a lot more liberally in Forza. Which one is more true to character I do not know, but I definitely prefer Forza's backfire frequency. :P

Anybody have the F1 add on Ferrari wheel with a PS4? I am wondering if because it has and extra D pad and a couple of extra buttons (compared to my 599x wheel) I might be better off as far as mapping and not wanting/needing a button box.

And my birthday is coming :gtpflag:

Thanks for any help!

Anybody have the F1 add on Ferrari wheel with a PS4? I am wondering if because it has and extra D pad and a couple of extra buttons (compared to my 599x wheel) I might be better off as far as mapping and not wanting/needing a button box.

And my birthday is coming :gtpflag:

Thanks for any help!

As far as I know it doesn't work like that. You can only map the extra buttons on PC. On console, every TM rim has the same number of functions. If the F1 rim has extra buttons, my guess is that some of the buttons will have redundant functions.

As far as I know it doesn't work like that. You can only map the extra buttons on PC. On console, every TM rim has the same number of functions. If the F1 rim has extra buttons, my guess is that some of the buttons will have redundant functions.

Aw man Awong124 thanks for your input, but I hope not! That was going to be the perfect answer to my setup. Anybody have this wheel and can answer for sure?

Thanks again

Does anyone have the Ricmotech whweel rig/made it from the directions you get in the mail? I'm curious how much the wood cost to get, thanks

Well, you are 100% right Awong124. I got an answer from someone who owns the wheel and they told me exact the same thing you did. So, I already made a USB encoder from an old keyboard (I have 22 available buttons and could make many more!) and once I get the wheel I will see what I will do after using it for a few days. Let the modding begin.

Thank you again

How come when I spin out my car turns off and I can't get it back on? What do I have to do?

I don't remember where but there is a menu that has a setting to auto start your car. Alternatively, you can map one of the buttons on your controller (in the force feedback settings I believe) to be used as a started button. Hope I am right and this helps :cheers:

I don't remember where but there is a menu that has a setting to auto start your car. Alternatively, you can map one of the buttons on your controller (in the force feedback settings I believe) to be used as a started button. Hope I am right and this helps :cheers:

I think auto clutch needs to be turned on also

Any of you that have been trying to get all achievement/trophies? If yes, did you got the "Community Ambassador" which requires to participate in 20 Driver Network Community Events? I'm missing this one and by now, I already played 22 community events, counting with the one that got available after patch 3.00.

Awakening this old post.

I'm trying to platinum, this trophy would seem unattainable at this point.

I really wish there was a way to fast track more events, or unlock the older events for us to get 20.

Ian?
American?

Edit:

Bealdor is a moderator on the official project cars forum.
He has said SMS will be adding more events throughout the year.

I don't know if this is confirmed.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else was working on the platinum trophy.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I think before I ever set a key to ignition and engine start it never stalled but once I set those up it does. All good now

I find it hard sometimes to cope with the game's oversteer model on pad. I can't seem to catch slides. It goes past a certain point and once your car pivots past that point you just get magnetically pulled off the track. Tapping the brakes does not help like it does IRL, to control the direction of the nose.

Do wheel users run into the same oversteer problem? I also noticed cars don't really get upset as you go over grass and curbs while flooring it. Maybe it's just me.

Not as much. Grass slows the car more than in GT6 and I'm not sure if it's more realistic this way but I'm not used to it bogging you down so much. It really puts you down many spots.

When I casually drive with the controller (when I'm too lazy or just want some quick AI racing with easy cars) I always put on all three aids, ABS, TC, and ASC. I'm sorry but there's no way I can properly control throttle with that little trigger on my own. TC helps with the 1st through 3rd gear stuff, and ASC is just to play it safe but sometimes I try turning it off and it's a bit too wobbly for me to control so I put it back on. Some low powered cars like the Lotus Type 51, Ginetta G40 Junior, or Formula Rookie can be driven without TC or ASC so try that out.

Totally random but the Sauber Mercedes C9 LM is surprisingly easy to drive with a controller with all three aids on. I thought even with the aids it would be a handful but it really isn't.

Totally random but the Sauber Mercedes C9 LM is surprisingly easy to drive with a controller with all three aids on. I thought even with the aids it would be a handful but it really isn't.

I gave the Sauber a try yesterday and it actually kind of pissed me off how easy it was to drive. Meanwhile the Clio Cup car has hilarious amounts of lift-off oversteer that's always impossible to correct. :irked:

Not as much. Grass slows the car more than in GT6 and I'm not sure if it's more realistic this way but I'm not used to it bogging you down so much. It really puts you down many spots.

When I casually drive with the controller (when I'm too lazy or just want some quick AI racing with easy cars) I always put on all three aids, ABS, TC, and ASC. I'm sorry but there's no way I can properly control throttle with that little trigger on my own. TC helps with the 1st through 3rd gear stuff, and ASC is just to play it safe but sometimes I try turning it off and it's a bit too wobbly for me to control so I put it back on. Some low powered cars like the Lotus Type 51, Ginetta G40 Junior, or Formula Rookie can be driven without TC or ASC so try that out.

Hmm; IRL, getting even one tire on the grass under full throttle can spin your car out.

I never play with aids. My pad settings are right where I want them and control is fantastic, apart from the occasional irrecoverable oversteer.

I gave the Sauber a try yesterday and it actually kind of pissed me off how easy it was to drive. Meanwhile the Clio Cup car has hilarious amounts of lift-off oversteer that's always impossible to correct. :irked:

I think that's largely due to how the oversteer is in the physics model rather than your driving. On an actual track, oversteer can be easily corrected, especially if it's a mid/low powered FF car you're driving.

Bought the GOTY Edition for PS4 as well as a G29. Ran a few hot laps in the Ginetta Junior first just to get used to the new wheel and it feels really good. Did a few laps in the DW12 at Brno afterwards and I've been really enjoying it. It feels unlike other sim games with a wheel.

Will look to get started with the Career mode soon but it looks as though I was wrong to initially reject this game.

Bought the GOTY Edition for PS4 as well as a G29. Ran a few hot laps in the Ginetta Junior first just to get used to the new wheel and it feels really good. Did a few laps in the DW12 at Brno afterwards and I've been really enjoying it. It feels unlike other sim games with a wheel.

Will look to get started with the Career mode soon but it looks as though I was wrong to initially reject this game.

I hear CARS and AC are two games you must play with a wheel.

I find it hard sometimes to cope with the game's oversteer model on pad. I can't seem to catch slides. It goes past a certain point and once your car pivots past that point you just get magnetically pulled off the track. Tapping the brakes does not help like it does IRL, to control the direction of the nose.

Do wheel users run into the same oversteer problem? I also noticed cars don't really get upset as you go over grass and curbs while flooring it. Maybe it's just me.
Have you tried adjusting steering ratio in the car's setup? Imo most of the cars have steering ratio set too high/fast, bringing it to around halfway makes cars easier to control.

FS7
Have you tried adjusting steering ratio in the car's setup? Imo most of the cars have steering ratio set too high/fast, bringing it to around halfway makes cars easier to control.

Yep, I experiment a great deal with that. What I don't get is why the wheels/cockpit steering whee suddenly gets so heavy and slow the very moment you start sliding. It's nice and lose otherwise.

The opposite is true in Forza - you suddenly have full control over the wheel once you start sliding.

Haven't played this game in a very, very long while on the PS4 and seeing it being available for free for Gold Members on the XB1, I'm currently downloading it. It will be interesting to see how the game performs and plays with the pad. I particularly remember catching a slide being a huge issue regardless controller settings.

Edit : Tweaked the controller settings to my preferences. It works fine but slides are just as hard to catch as I remembered.

The image quality and AA is absolutely horrendous though.

Last edited:
MXH
Haven't played this game in a very, very long while on the PS4 and seeing it being available for free for Gold Members on the XB1, I'm currently downloading it. It will be interesting to see how the game performs and plays with the pad. I particularly remember catching a slide being a huge issue regardless controller settings.

Edit : Tweaked the controller settings to my preferences. It works fine but slides are just as hard to catch as I remembered.

The image quality and AA is absolutely horrendous though.

Well, it looks okay visually, considering it's a crowd-funded game and not a AAA title. I don't know about the AA though - it looks very sharp and clean on my TV.

Yes, slides are hard to catch. Something they said they are addressing in PCARS2 as we speak. I love catching slides and drifting now and then in FM5 and 6 with sim steering, 0/100 deads and assists off. Feels very natural and rewarding.

In PCARS, better not lose traction. :lol:

Well, it looks okay visually, considering it's a crowd-funded game and not a AAA title. I don't know about the AA though - it looks very sharp and clean on my TV.

Yes, slides are hard to catch. Something they said they are addressing in PCARS2 as we speak. I love catching slides and drifting now and then in FM5 and 6 with sim steering, 0/100 deads and assists off. Feels very natural and rewarding.

Is this true of all cars?

Last weekend I was testing VR headsets in pCARS with just a simple old DFGT. I mostly used Donington with the BAC Mono as a good test environment for the elevation changes, but what also stood out is how fun that little car is. You can induce oversteer at will, hold it easily at a wide variety of angles, and correct with ease.

I can't imagine how unfortunate it would be to drive the Mono without being able to play with oversteer around every corner!

I was having similar issues using the pad, even after adjusting my settings.
It wasn't bad by any means, just like you said the occasional wild spin out that left me wondering.

I bought a T150.

Incredible.

I'm running 2 seconds faster on all tracks, catching slides much easier, and obviously makes the driving much more immersive.

Question How do you cover a full lap on the Mojave track?

I know the lap starts here, Do you have to cover all the corners for the lap to count? :)
Mojave Test Trackf.jpg

Last edited:
Back