Project CARS Grass Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 91 comments

Is this grass acceptable

• Total voters
How can I *like* an entire thread?? :dopey:

I voted for "only if there is tractor DLC." Man, I'm already fantasizing about riding a lawnmower on that grass! :drool:

For everything with the delays on PCars I still think that whilst AC has the better physics etc, the finer details of PCars are just... breathtaking! Voted for a Tractor DLC :P

Doesn't GT have a "standards appreciation" thread? I mean if you can appreciate cars that are 10 years out of date why not new grass that actually looks like grass?:cheers:
I know! These are far better quality than those cars!

These posted pictures... ARE IN GAME ?????????!!!!!!
All in game. But I think the Huayra one has grass on low.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT7 needs to be the ABSOLUTE simulation or I believe PDs day are coming to close... It hurt me to say because I am Japanese... But kazunori-San.... YOU ****ED UP

But I will try not compare (PS3) GT6, to (PS4) PCars... But wow... I've NEVER seen such clarity in a game for something like this.. In a racing game most developer leave small thing like grass for last and focus on cars - tracks... But looks like PCARS leaving nothing untouched

ありがとうございました
(ARIGATOU)

OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT7 needs to be the ABSOLUTE simulation or I believe PDs day are coming to close... It hurt me to say because I am Japanese... But kazunori-San.... YOU ****ED UP

But I will try not compare (PS3) GT6, to (PS4) PCars... But wow... I've NEVER seen such clarity in a game for something like this.. In a racing game most developer leave small thing like grass for last and focus on cars - tracks... But looks like PCARS leaving nothing untouched

ありがとうございました
(ARIGATOU)

Of all the threads here, why did you post in a thread about grass?? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!! :P:lol::lol::lol::P

Once the Tractor DLC is released, we can have an authentic online race week! Friday practice, Saturday qualifying, Sunday race... and the host can open the lobby for me on Thursday to mow the grass.

Once the Tractor DLC is released, we can have an authentic online race week! Friday practice, Saturday qualifying, Sunday race... and the host can open the lobby for me on Thursday to mow the grass.
24 Hour Nurburgring race! We'd need 24 hours just to finish a lap :lol:

Surely its grown since the last build!......if it hasn't how can they call it real to life.......its arcade grass if you ask me
The PS4 couldn't handle dynamic grass so they had to leave it out but PCars 2 could have it!

Of all the threads here, why did you post in a thread about grass?? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!! :P:lol::lol::lol::P
Well, in the GTA Forums there appreciation thread for everything in GTAV, so this should be fine.

As for the grass, it does indeed look really good :embarrassed:

The use of unified memory on consoles means they can load high quality textures like these with the equivalent of about 2.5GB of VRAM

Well done, guys. We did it! We ran out of things to talk about :lol:

That grass does look quite wonderful though. Looking forward to mowing it with several hundred horsepower on my days off.

I also hope that the type of grass you get is dependant on the track location.
Yes! You get ze German grass at the Ring, je French grass at LeMans, British grass at Brands, American grass at Watkins Glen and Italian grass at Monza!
The use of unified memory on consoles means they can load high quality textures like these with the equivalent of about 2.5GB of VRAM
Ummmmm

What other little graphical effects have people noticed then on track? Im keen to know what detail SMS have gone into..

Grass DLC anyone?

grass-car.jpg

Back