Project CARS Grass Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 91 comments

Is this grass acceptable

• Total voters
Grass DLC anyone?

grass-car.jpg
Don't forget the SmartTank, exclusive to PCars!
th

We are all going stir crazy waiting for release! There are still days available for someone to create thread dedicated to Tractor DLC wish list. 💡
Should I?

Edit: No, we have the GTP wishlist. Put your tractor and Reliant Robin based wishes there.

Of all the threads here, why did you post in a thread about grass?? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!! :P:lol::lol::lol::P
Because as being Japanese I believe I have an "eye" for detail (this is just my opinion and I DO NOT TRY TO BELITTLE OR OFFEND ANYONE) and seeing something such as grass NOT being overlooked, NOT being done last minute, and NOT looking the same on every track means a lot to me as this is supposed to be a SIMULATION- this is a PS4 game that many of us have been comparing to a PS3 game (GT6) in our minds, but since it's a PS4 game I naturally expect the graphics to be far superior to GT6, from tracks to cars, but when you start even detailing down to blades of grass, there is little doubt in my mind that SMS has a complete simulation down to the atmosphere, I have even read that turbo cars are effected by tempature and air pressure in atmosphere.... Which is DETAIL to the extreme, THAT'S WHY I FINALLY DECIDED TO POST, this thread is "the straw that broke camels back" for me, hopefully you understand

Last edited:
Some people seem to think that creating threads in a forum is a bad thing and it's to be frowned upon. If you don't like the thread, move on. Don't waste our time and yours by reporting something that there is nothing wrong with.

Still talking about grass.

Least it's the good kind of grass.
Let's keep it to this topic.

You do realise that those screenshots in the OP show flat textures and are not 3D?
The 3D grass looks more like in the shot with the yellow Pagani.
Static grass is better then until we have the technology to make realistic 3D grass and leaves!

Imagine you're in photo mode. If you zoom in to see only grass on screen, the Flower theme tune slowly comes up....

We need this feature! Speaking of which. When PCars comes out I may make a video called "The Details of Project CARS" showing all the insanely unnecessary details in the game.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!

For giving such talent to the developer!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Wow is that real grass in the game?????? Or just 2D textures??? The thing is, its not that hard to do. It just all clones of each other so its not a real big deal. But for it look real is something I have not seen in games! :)

Back