Project CARS - Hardware recommendation on PC

i am just happy after 10 years of old PC and waiting, saving and being away from family for so long, can enjoy it completely hopefully!!!! no cockpit/ rig built yet! but shortly after to come!
will post my PC build here too.

:cheers:indeed, back and forth, why not, let's put the CCard on fire!!!!
4730551841_playstation_credit_card_fire_ars_thumb_640xauto_21319_xlarge.jpeg

when I sent NASA my purchase list, the main guy sent me his picture, saying don't bore me at lunch :D
tumblr_mm7lurYRKc1qd5t95o1_500.jpg

what an upgrade from my Win2K P4 system!!!!!! can't wait and donated old system to goodwill along with every PC part I had!

little did I know how much more MASSIVE the new cases are compared to my MID-CASE from about 12years ago!!! :boggled::boggled::eek::eek::crazy::crazy:got my Corsair 730T today!! mighty mighty...what a box!!!! wow!

little did I know how much more MASSIVE the new cases are compared to my MID-CASE from about 12years ago!!! :boggled::boggled::eek::eek::crazy::crazy:got my Corsair 730T today!! mighty mighty...what a box!!!! wow!

To be fair, the 730T is significantly bigger than a "regular" midi tower:

246 x 568 x 564 mm (730T)
205 x 460 x 490 mm (my Bitfenix Shinobi)

it is worrying me, since the sim rig is not setup yet...i do worry lol

PS: i would be interested to see and hear suggestions for solutions, what u have done for multi use PC? (sim racing, work, playing, etc?)

it is worrying me, since the sim rig is not setup yet...i do worry lol

PS: i would be interested to see and hear suggestions for solutions, what u have done for multi use PC? (sim racing, work, playing, etc?)
I put my PC into a custom cabinet I made for my TV, amplifier, router, centre channel etc. and I play from my living room. It's my main entertainment device now. Plays movies, music, some work, internet access obviously, gaming etc. Sound goes through to the Amplifier through Digital Optical out so that I can use either full surround or TV sound as I need/want to. I rarely watch live television anymore other than for sports, everything else is online so it only makes sense to put it front and centre in my case.

This pisses me off. Everyone said they penalized nVidia users to make it better from AMD/ATi users.. If thats the case why does the bottom of the project cars website have a big nVidia stick plastered over it??

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

I favour AMD and because they said that they had removed penalized nVidia users to make it better from AMD but it looks like that's no longer the case??

This pisses me off. Everyone said they penalized nVidia users to make it better from AMD/ATi users.. If thats the case why does the bottom of the project cars website have a big nVidia stick plastered over it??

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

I favour AMD and because they said that they had removed penalized nVidia users to make it better from AMD but it looks like that's no longer the case??
Can you rephrase? Not sure what the issue is here.

awesome ideas and how yoy guys have it setup! nice! thx for sharing. is there any way with KVM to be able to use the PC on 2x seperate tables or 1x table beside the rig as a working station? (seperate smaller LCD, keyboard and mouse?)

While I don't use the PC for work, I do occasionally stream games or applications from the PC to my MacBook Pro, so no KVM needed. Steam In Home streaming works great for that. It does require an extra device though, a KVM switch does not.

@Johnnypenso Whats the point saying they are going to tune for AMD as well as nVidia if they are sponsored or affiliated with nVidia. If they are affiliated they're going to focus on nVidia cards no matter what they have said previously? If I had known that I would have bought nVidia cards instead of staying in my comfort zone at AMD

Who said they penalized NV users....where you heard that bollocks from? :boggled: The only NV penalize (if you can even call it that way) is, that PhysX will run in CPU mode only. SMS render team did everything possible to optimize AMD performance now its up to AMD to post an optimized driver. :) About the stickers: theres also a big Panasonic sticker there, but I can assure you that this game will also work great on a Samsung TV...

Last edited:
@thedottore46 https://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/540734792953723817

"We do not favor anyone, we work closely with both. And there have been performance improvements lately for both sides, we even got to the point were we had to remove an optimization because it wouldnt work with AMD cards, "penalizing" nvidia users. :)"

Fair enough that was over a year ago but I remember reading it heh

What I mean is if they are sponsored by nVidia does that mean they will use nVidia mantle alternative? Whatever that is.. Thats what I'm worried about :)

@NLxAROSA I understand however I fear they will have built it on top of nVidia's gaming engine instead of splitting it as equally as possible

What I mean is if they are sponsored by nVidia does that mean they will use nVidia mantle alternative? Whatever that is.. Thats what I'm worried about :)
Cant tell because I dont know. But what I can tell you is dont expect 100% boosts with mantle (like the hilarious advertising is promoting it)...this will only help in CPU bound scenarios. You might be right that NV cards appeared to be more optimized (which is ultimately due to NV being quite early in the project to optimize their drivers as well) but SMS coders always focused on an even AMD/NV performance. Its up to you if you trust me or not. I for myself switched to a 770 (now 970) from a 7870, but that was because during early development the performance was really better on NV. However there were loads of AMD users in WMD that kept benchmarking the game with latest AMD hardware, which helped them (SMS) a lot to keep the AMD up to the level of NV. BTW. our lead render coder has a rig that contains a GTX Titan, a 7990 and a 290x so one could only guess that the help from WMD was indeed very helpful :)

While I don't use the PC for work, I do occasionally stream games or applications from the PC to my MacBook Pro, so no KVM needed. Steam In Home streaming works great for that. It does require an extra device though, a KVM switch does not.
how do you "stream" to your macbook pro? i have the macbook pro too, would love that option!! maybe just "not sure" what you mean?

If you install Steam and start Steam on both systems, you can then play the game on your PC from your Macbook. So the game will run on your PC and Steam will stream the video/audio over the network to your MacBook. Works surprisingly well, even for racing games. Since you can also add applications in Steam as 3rd party apps, you can also start those (e.g. I sometimes use that for Visual Studio).

Anyone here knows how well PC will run if you dont have an I7? System on an i5, i3 and core 2 quad? I check and found out you can run on medium and high settings. But how would PC visually look on these systems? Thanks

Anyone here knows how well PC will run if you dont have an I7? System on an i5, i3 and core 2 quad? I check and found out you can run on medium and high settings. But how would PC visually look on these systems? Thanks

This is really hard to answer. We need more information about your system. Pcars needs a good CPU but it will run pretty smooth on an i5. i3 is not recommended by the devs IIRC. Graphics also depend a lot on your graphics card.

Do you guys think Project cars can run decently at low / mid setttings with my older PC ?

Intel core I5-2500 3.30 GHZ
Geoforce GTX 570
8 GB Ram

From what i see my system is over the minimum specs. But I wonder if it will be playable and enjoyable. I dont mind if the graphics are not super best. As long as it dosent lag and stuff like that.

Also I wonder. Has anyone expirience with project cars, and Track IR ?

Back