Project CARS - Hardware recommendation on PC

Your i5 should be fine but you cannot go on recommended settings it seem because of the CPU like mine. :(

Here this is what it looks with a HD 7950

Like to know if I can run it like this with quad 2 core - 4 cores

Here is what your game will look at on the 570

Your i5 should be fine but you cannot go on recommended settings it seem because of the CPU like mine. :(

Here this is what it looks with a HD 7950

Like to know if I can run it like this with quad 2 core - 4 cores

Here is what your game will look at on the 570

Those are 2 and 3 year old builds, not representative of the final game. Not sure if the final game will run better or worse though.

Those are 2 and 3 year old builds, not representative of the final game. Not sure if the final game will run better or worse though.

They optimized the game with the development. There were times when I could hardly get 30fps on Bathurst in time trail, now I get stable 40-60 fps while racing (depending on ai car count) with the same settings.

They optimized the game with the development. There were times when I could hardly get 30fps on Bathurst in time trail, now I get stable 40-60 fps while racing (depending on ai car count) with the same settings.
I suspected as much but didn't want to commit myself:lol:. Good to hear. 👍👍

I have a question for you knowledgeable people and in particular those lucky enough to have played pCars already:

My current PC is as follows:

Intel i7-2600K
16GB RAM
Nvidia 750Ti 2GB GPU

Running on a 1080P Plasma TV.

I can source one of these at the moment for £230, is this going to make a significant difference to the performance and quality level that I can run the game at?

I am intending to stick with the TV for the foreseeable but a higher resolution ultra-wide monitor (drool) may eventually be on the horizon and this will obviously have a major impact on the power I require.

What do people think, is it a good investment or should I just hold out to see when (or if) I take the plunge on higher resolution? How much difference will this make to my current setup?

I have a question for you knowledgeable people and in particular those lucky enough to have played pCars already:

Intel i7-2600K
16GB RAM
Nvidia 750Ti 2GB GPU

I can source one of these at the moment for £230, is this going to make a significant difference to the performance and quality level that I can run the game at?

I am intending to stick with the TV for the foreseeable but a higher resolution ultra-wide monitor (drool) may eventually be on the horizon and this will obviously have a major impact on the power I require.

What do people think, is it a good investment or should I just hold out to see when (or if) I take the plunge on higher resolution? How much difference will this make to my current setup?
Not an expert but with my layman's understanding you should go from medium to ultra with the 750Ti>GTX980 jump on a normal aspect ratio, 1080p screen. The slightly wider screen will push even more pixels so the jump to the GTX980 will be better in that regard as well.

The GTX980 is a $700 (£380) card in Canada. Sounds like you have a real bargain, I wouldn't pass that up:tup:

Not an expert but with my layman's understanding you should go from medium to ultra with the 750Ti>GTX980 jump on a normal aspect ratio, 1080p screen. The slightly wider screen will push even more pixels so the jump to the GTX980 will be better in that regard as well.

Are you a WMD Member?

Are you a WMD Member?
Nope, but I've been keeping up on PC requirements for many months while putting together my own system so I'm fairly familiar with the requirements. Someone will be along shortly from WMD to help you out, I sent out the smoke signals:sly:

Intel i7-2600K
16GB RAM
Nvidia 750Ti 2GB GPU

The 980 will give you a massive improvement for sure. I'd highly recommend it because your 750Ti won't cut it. The difference will literally be 30-40fps, medium detail (750Ti), rock solid 60fps, ultra+downsampling with full grid (980).

Does anyone know how much Hard Drive space will be needed for the game at launch?

17-18GB

The 980 will give you a massive improvement for sure. I'd highly recommend it because your 750Ti won't cut it. The difference will literally be 30-40fps, medium detail (750Ti), rock solid 60fps, ultra+downsampling with full grid (980).

Thanks, very helpful information!

so 750Ti at medium will be around 30 - 40FPS, 980 on ultra will be 60+

Sounds worth it to me!

Has anybody run it close to low CPU specs? I have an AMD Phenom II 1055t 6 core @3.2Ghz but 12GB of memory and a GTX 970. So how CPU bound is it with a full grid?

Has anybody run it close to low CPU specs? I have an AMD Phenom II 1055t 6 core @3.2Ghz but 12GB of memory and a GTX 970. So how CPU bound is it with a full grid?

The main killers for the CPU, oddly enough, are the AI drivers. Between their programming and the tyre model, it can do some harm to the frame rate. However, I would say you'd be pretty good for 50-60 fps once a 20 car field has spread out. I have a i5-3570k (oc to 4.2GHz), but with a 7950, and that's the kind of performance I'm getting with high details.

if anyone had the choice, for monitor setup, 3x triple setup, what/ which monitor would you choose:
  1. IIYAMA ProLite GB2773HS Gaming - 3x 27"
  2. BenQ XL2730Z Pro Gaming - 3x 27"
  3. ASUS PB279Q 4K Gaming Monitor - 3x 27"
  4. ASUS PB287Q True 4K Gaming Monitor 3x 28"
this is in theory and if $$$ was available for spending on these kind of monitors...just curious what you guys would pick out of these 4x options.
Triple 1440p/144Hz or triple 4k monitors? I know you have a TitanX but you might be pushing even that card a little far:eek::eek::eek:. Or was a it a dual TitanX? Can someone more knowledgeable do the math here?

I had a look at a recent build with low settings and high setting with a graphics card of 4Gb and they look very similar! So why is like that?

Low settings should be low quality right?

Or is it that if you have a 4GB card then low setting would still look like High settings?

And if you have a 2GB card then putting it on low will look the video I posted? So quality depends on how many GB you have for the card and if its low profile or high profile card?

That would depend whether low quality will be poor or good?

I had a look at a recent build with low settings and high setting with a graphics card of 4Gb and they look very similar! So why is like that?

Low settings should be low quality right?

Or is it that if you have a 4GB card then low setting would still look like High settings?

And if you have a 2GB card then putting it on low will look the video I posted? So quality depends on how many GB you have for the card and if its low profile or high profile card?

That would depend whether low quality will be poor or good?
Youtube videos have a lot of compression and you miss out on a lot of details. If you want to see what the game really looks like at various settings you'll have to directly download the videos from Gamersyde or some other site. From what I can tell, the game is more than acceptable at all settings levels, but of course the more you spend the better it will look.

Youtube videos have a lot of compression and you miss out on a lot of details. If you want to see what the game really looks like at various settings you'll have to directly download the videos from Gamersyde or some other site. From what I can tell, the game is more than acceptable at all settings levels, but of course the more you spend the better it will look

Thanks for that but they dont tell you what graphics card they are using.

I like to know what a 7870 2G would look like compare to 7970 3G? Thanks!

I have been monitoring the GPU using MSI Afterburner when playing Project CARS and it's not very VRAM-hungry. If you're running 1080p with several options at medium/low, I think you should be able to turn up the textures to high with a 2GB card. That should make it look great already. 👍

if anyone had the choice, for monitor setup, 3x triple setup, what/ which monitor would you choose:
  1. IIYAMA ProLite GB2773HS Gaming - 3x 27"
  2. BenQ XL2730Z Pro Gaming - 3x 27"
  3. ASUS PB279Q 4K Gaming Monitor - 3x 27"
  4. ASUS PB287Q True 4K Gaming Monitor 3x 28"
this is in theory and if $$$ was available for spending on these kind of monitors...just curious what you guys would pick out of these 4x options.

I upgraded recently my screens so I can share my personal findings.
- I decided to avoid 4K and 1440p monitors as I found it unrealistic in a 3 screen set-up. Keping a stable 60 Hz frame rate at 3*1080p is already quite demanding even with high end GPU.
- In the same manner 120/144Hz cannot hurt but you have to know that you won't often benefit from it (especially 3*1440/144hz).
- Assuming you select gaming screens with already good input lag and reactivity, the most important criteria will become the bezels size. Having really thin bezels in a multi-monitor set-up can be more valuable than impressive contrast or view angles. For example, I had a chance to test a configuration with 3 Dell U2414H: It is brillant.

So the BenQ is 1440p, the 2 ASUS are both 4K, that leaves the IIYAMA in 1080p: it is a very good screen (with the fancy 144 Hz feature) but I think you would regret the large bezels.... So to make it short I would not buy any of these configurations !

I upgraded recently my screens so I can share my personal findings.
- I decided to avoid 4K and 1440p monitors as I found it unrealistic in a 3 screen set-up. Keping a stable 60 Hz frame rate at 3*1080p is already quite demanding even with high end GPU.
- In the same manner 120/144Hz cannot hurt but you have to know that you won't often benefit from it (especially 3*1440/144hz).
- Assuming you select gaming screens with already good input lag and reactivity, the most important criteria will become the bezels size. Having really thin bezels in a multi-monitor set-up can be more valuable than impressive contrast or view angles. For example, I had a chance to test a configuration with 3 Dell U2414H: It is brillant.

So the BenQ is 1440p, the 2 ASUS are both 4K, that leaves the IIYAMA in 1080p: it is a very good screen (with the fancy 144 Hz feature) but I think you would regret the large bezels.... So to make it short I would not buy any of these configurations !
started thread here and your info:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nitors-and-tvs-led-lcd-tn-ips-and-etc.327537/

Thanks, very helpful information!

so 750Ti at medium will be around 30 - 40FPS, 980 on ultra will be 60+

Sounds worth it to me!

It arrived today :D

I will be having some time on Assetto Corsa tonight with everything at Ultra and 1080p/60 to break it in ;)

Back