Project Cars - What needs tweaking and what do you want added?

I have one very specific option that I'd like to see added - the ability to zero set 'Races entered' in Single Player. After having spent an entire week messing around in Quick Race Weekend with different settings (weather, car and track combination), I just realized that restarts count too. Who's brilliant idea was that, seriously?

My stats are therefore incredibly misleading and look absolutely ridiculous.

I'm serious about this. Excuse my slight OCD.

:lol:

I agree! In the obligatory first race that they make you do, I restarted 4 times I think cause I crashed in turn 1. All four counted. And I started immediately in career mode in Clio Cup, and at the race at Donington Park I quit a lot of times to adjust controller settings. Guess what, now it says I have entered 44 races, and I haven't even completed the first round yet! Haha I'm highly thinking of deleting the profile and starting over tonight lol

I agree! In the obligatory first race that they make you do, I restarted 4 times I think cause I crashed in turn 1. All four counted. And I started immediately in career mode in Clio Cup, and at the race at Donington Park I quit a lot of times to adjust controller settings. Guess what, now it says I have entered 44 races, and I haven't even completed the first round yet! Haha I'm highly thinking of deleting the profile and starting over tonight lol
I have entered 492 races, according to my stats. I have, at tops, finished 20 of them. That's a lot of restarts and exits. I just simply love fiddling with the weather options in this game.

:lol:

Not going to bother with deleting my profile though. Just let me reset the counter to zero, pretty please, SMS.

I think it should count restarts, and should not allow them to be zeroed without also loosing progress in career mode. There should be a penalty for restarting a race and the stats show when you have done a lot of this.

Seems that it you want to adjust and get a feel then free practice is the place to do it without corrupting your stats

I think it should count restarts, and should not allow them to be zeroed without also loosing progress in career mode. There should be a penalty for restarting a race and the stats show when you have done a lot of this.

Seems that it you want to adjust and get a feel then free practice is the place to do it without corrupting your stats

I pretty much agree, except sometimes as of now race changing bugs happen and you have to restart, like my car bouncing into pitlane wall several times. Or last night, at Silverstone, started the race and had to restart even before the lights gone green, because there was no audio. At all. I debated to just play through it, but I couldn't, so had to restart, again.

Part of the ones for me is because in all racing games I usually never do any free practice or something like that, always career mode, so it is my fault there that I didn't start fiddling first in free practice mode. I should do that here, and probably will considering so many different cars and handling to try

Another thing that is jumping out at me is the poor access to online races. It seems that the list shown is limited by the download server you have in steam. As a result when I started a lobby my brother could not see it in the list and the only way to get to it was using the steam options to join or invite via the friends list. apparently steam picks the closest server to you and there are quite a few of them. In my case it was set to Charlotte and I am guessing that my brother is either set to Philly or NY.

I went online and checked the available sessions then changed to the Philly server in steam and checked again and got a completely different list.

We really need a way to see a much broader list such as all on the east coast, west coast, midwest, entire country, other countries and so on. Hard to find a suitable race when you are only able to see the few lobbies that were created by those who share your D/L Server on Steam.

In races where there's mandatory pit stops, like race 2 of Clio Cup series, it would be nice if you can see who has pitted already and who hasn't. And tire choice shown would also be nice

Beyond just more content, how about an easier way to change the liveries? Seems I have to go back to the options, pick the livery, & hope it stays.

Would also like more "appropriate" mixed-class racing, such as GTs & LMPs. Kind of funny running a M1 Pro Car & finding a couple Zonda Rs mixed in with modern day GT3s.

The Swift or your wife? :D

You win the internet.jpg

Another thing that is jumping out at me is the poor access to online races. It seems that the list shown is limited by the download server you have in steam. As a result when I started a lobby my brother could not see it in the list and the only way to get to it was using the steam options to join or invite via the friends list. apparently steam picks the closest server to you and there are quite a few of them. In my case it was set to Charlotte and I am guessing that my brother is either set to Philly or NY.
That seems to be how it works, but I don't recall it being the same way in AC. I could routinely find hundreds of lobbies online at any one time but now, only a half dozen or dozen in PCars. If I switch my DL location to England or France many more lobbies show up. Would be nice to have a better way of sorting things.

I am a big fan of stats in games, presumably like many GTPers, so would like to see a more indepth stat screen. I would like to know what my overall distance covered is for example.

Have you set it to 'output all audio' under 'adjust devices'? If your controller is turned off, it should automatically output all the sound to either you TV speakers or headset. I only use my headset and have all voice going through it.

Gave this a try. Seems to be working, but not all the time. Maybe I did something wrong once 💡
Anyway, thanks for the tip this seems to be a solution :cheers:

In career mode there are invitational races where you start on track, at the start line e.g Go-Carts and the California highway races. So there is no practice time and these tracks I had never seen before so a restart is often necessary to set the car up or change tyres. So yes, I did need to restart a couple of times and it shouldn't count towards my stats.

Slightly Mad have already said that PCARS will support the Morpheus on PS4. So, this is what I want added. I'm excited already, massively looking forward to it. I've not had a chance to try any of the current generation VR headsets so I'm really hoping that the PCARS / Morpheus experience will be good. Fingers crossed for not puking after half a lap...

I'd accept that it may take a few generations of the hardware for early bugs to be ironed out - and I guess that really what these things need is 4K or even higher-res screens, and more computing power... and more, and more ad infinitum. But if 2016's Morpheus is any good at all I will buy one. Basically, since I was a boy playing on my Atari 400 many (many) years ago, I've been convinced that one day the tech will be available to make me think that I'm actually sitting in a car, on a grid, with full-scale cars all around me, with the engine roaring in my ears. Multi-screen settups have offered the closest to this so far, but good VR headsets will far surpass this. Maybe not the first ones, but they'll get there...

It's been a long time coming, I just hope that I can be reasonably convinced that I'm sat in the racing car while I'm still young enough to properly enjoy the experience! And before my limbs and digits start seizing up :) So, I'm hoping for this within, oooh, 25 years.

But 2016, Morpheus and Project CARS might be the first, delicious taste... Come on, Slightly Mad. Play a blinder! The game is awesome, you can do it.

@LeastResistance - What I'd like to see is real time iris tracking in Project Morpheus controlling the Depth Of Field Effect in Project CARS. Maybe in 10 years time I will!

In career mode there are invitational races where you start on track, at the start line e.g Go-Carts and the California highway races. So there is no practice time and these tracks I had never seen before so a restart is often necessary to set the car up or change tyres. So yes, I did need to restart a couple of times and it shouldn't count towards my stats.

It would be nice if you had a bit more indication which track it was going to be before starting the race. Even as it is you can go into the event. from the first screen where you would hit drive to begin it tells you which track you are going to be racing on and the conditions. You can from there exit without penalty, go to the practice track and practice all day if you want and then return to the event and start the race.

Restarts should always count against you. If you enter a race and do not finish it that is a loss no matter how you look at it. The best way to prevent restarts from skewing your stats is to disable restarts so you can't do it.

I'd like the photo mode to be available from the replays. The last thing I want during a frantic race is to have to pause it mid stream to take a photo totally breaking my concentration and flow.

The more I play the more I see the need for more optional info to be displayed on screen in various views. I really do not like to drive in cockpit view and when I do I like to use a lower POV rather than feeling like I am in the back seat. I also do not like to have the steering wheel displayed.

So we have that Motec display but it is only on some of the cars, only in cockpit view and on some of those cars on the wheel so in some cars you don;t have it at all. On other cars if you have the wheel hidden then you don't have the display and if you run a single screen with a low POV and/or have the seat slide forward then you can't see it and of course if you like to drive bumper, hood or chase view then it is not there at all.

The problems I am seeing is that you can not monitor many things that need to be monitored when in a race with full damage on such as engine temp and such. I also do not see anyway of being able to tell what kind of damage you have to your car.

So it would really be nice if our hud options included some methods for displaying all vital info. Also side view mirrors as part of the hud so they can be used in hood and other such views.

The more I play the more I see the need for more optional info to be displayed on screen in various views. I really do not like to drive in cockpit view and when I do I like to use a lower POV rather than feeling like I am in the back seat. I also do not like to have the steering wheel displayed.

So we have that Motec display but it is only on some of the cars, only in cockpit view and on some of those cars on the wheel so in some cars you don;t have it at all. On other cars if you have the wheel hidden then you don't have the display and if you run a single screen with a low POV and/or have the seat slide forward then you can't see it and of course if you like to drive bumper, hood or chase view then it is not there at all.

The problems I am seeing is that you can not monitor many things that need to be monitored when in a race with full damage on such as engine temp and such. I also do not see anyway of being able to tell what kind of damage you have to your car.

So it would really be nice if our hud options included some methods for displaying all vital info. Also side view mirrors as part of the hud so they can be used in hood and other such views.
some more damage indicators would certainly not go amiss

Yes i agree.......Sometimes after someone has hit me i'm not sure until i reach the next braking zone/corner if my car is damaged or not, therefore if i'll make it round the next corner! Lol!

I'd like the photo mode to be available from the replays. The last thing I want during a frantic race is to have to pause it mid stream to take a photo totally breaking my concentration and flow.

And a way of downloading replays onto a memory stick from the game to then upload on forums such as here! :)

I think I will be checking out one of the dashboard apps for my tablet soon, maybe I can get some of that missing info to show on that screen and then find a way to mount it to where I can see easily.

I was in a race last night and ended up hitting the car in front of me coming into a chicane. Later in the race I had two identical cars go by me on a straight and they were doing at least 10 to 15 mph faster than I was even though I was wide open. I don't know if my car was over heating, had engine damage, tires scrubbing or what. It felt fine but was definitely dropping power and speed.

Better / more informative lap time details. I want to see best sector times. Not just the current ones.

Also, this title is really lacking in the Nissan department. I want at least 50 skylines... AT LEAST

I reckon your pit manager (stig) should tell you more, unless it's a real option in the actual car, in whichh case it should be on the dashboard

Oh yeah and in quali/practice the time gaps it shows you should be to the leader's time as well as or instead of your own best time

Since everything important has already been mentioned, a minor suggestion: ability to edit AI opponents.
Let's say the game currently has an hidden list of all the fictional drivers. Every time you enter an event/championship in your career, the game "picks" some names from that list and use them to fill the grid. It would be nice to make it visible and editable.Something simple, like:
-Name
-Preferred category
-Preferred car(and livery)

A few examples:
-Name: Andre Lotterer
-Preferred categories: LMP1, Formula B
-Preferred cars: Audi R18(N°2 livery), Formula B (you pick the closest livery to his real team)

-Name: Mick Schumacher
-Preferred categories: 125 Karts, Formula C
-Preferred cars: 125 Kart, Formula C (again with their respective liveries)

-Name: Bernd Schneider
-Preferred categories: Historic Touring Cars, GT3
-Preferred cars: Mercedes 190E EvoII DTM, Mercedes SLS GT3 (plus liveries)

It'll be easy to find lots of reliable "driver profiles" from community or forums at this point, to replace fictional drivers with real names. So that you'll have your career grids filled "properly".

A step forward from this would be the ability to edit driver abilities. Something like this, let's say with ability going from 0 (bad) to 10 (almost perfect):
-race pace consistency
-qualifying ability
-aggressiveness when overtaking or defending position
-driving in difficult/changeable conditions (rain, night, fog, worn tires etc.)
-composure when under pressure from opponents behind
-etc. etc.

It would be nice to have "more human" opponents, each one different from the others. In the lower tiers (like the Clio cup, Formula Rookie etc.) where in real life you find young, unexperienced drivers or semi/non-professionals, you'll have good but "incomplete" drivers. In the top tiers you'll have almost flawless opponents.

Of course there are a lot more important things, this definitely isn't a real improvement but it can give a bit more immersion to the single player experience, avoiding the official licenses issue.

A demolition derby invitational/ online lobbies. Also I know there its a bit of a wishlist item but, a track similar to SSRX for testing would be great.

Since a lot of people complained about this already, but since it's also my only real major complaint, I'd really just want to see the AI better balanced in wet conditions and actually pitting for wets. Simultaneously, it seems like the AI are a bit too slow just generally speaking in the dry.

Back