Project IGNITION - Racing Simulator

• Thread starter ferrari gt
  • 160 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still refuse to believe anyone who claims to be creating a fully licensed, multi-platform indie racing game on a minimal budget.

Y'know, if it takes some degree of careful planning by the likes of T10, PD and SMS, it's not going to be a walk in the park for a one-man-band who has pennies in comparison.

I hope so. I want to like this game. BUT....if he is doing something blatantly illegal, then I can't support it. No need to apologize, @Samus - you are just pointing out what a lot of us probably thought of in the back of our minds but didn't want to admit it

EDIT - my reply was to Samus

hsv
I still refuse to believe anyone who claims to be creating a fully licensed, multi-platform indie racing game on a minimal budget.

Y'know, if it takes some degree of careful planning by the likes of T10, PD and SMS, it's not going to be a walk in the park for a one-man-band who has pennies in comparison.

Well, there are minimal budgets and there is $600. I'm not sure what you could officially license with that budget and still have some left over to make the game. Dustcaps, perhaps? Certain not all of those brands he has in the game.

I had my suspicions from the start as well, considering the work he has done in the past. I think he does have some legitimate modelling going on in some places, just the rest being kind of sketchy.

Everyone: Please check this thread and this post from my Ultimate GT4 idea thread.

Especially look at the latter. Look at the game's logo alongside the ripped cars. :irked:
This was the in first post. Look at the trackside banner
32453.PNG

Yep, so there is the clear proof he uses ripped models in this game.

The Real Racing mobile games look like the source for the newer models. Their GT-R LM

maxresdefault.jpg

At least give the guy a chance to explain himself before taking a full crap on him. (I'm not saying I'm involved in this project, but I believe everyone deserves a chance anyways.)
It's pretty difficult not to when he's already had a chance to learn from his mistakes (as you know) and still hasn't.

I'm just saying we shouldn't jump the gun too early and pounce on him right away. And yes, the evidence is coming in proving of ferrari gt's wrong-doings. The sooner we get the explanation, the better.
Would it not be best to clear the air fully rather than in stages? Basically, full crap instead of numerous little pebbles so he can clear it up in one go and we can all move on quicker.

I've nothing against the guy or his game, I didn't even notice who the OP was when I posted initially, the topic just caught my eye but it was clear looking through the OP and the website something is very wrong here. No real explanation is really needed except for whether the cars are ripped or not.

Even if they aren't I'm afraid the project is still a phoney. A big fat phoney.

That's the thing, ferrari gt should be clearing the air fully, not us.
And he will get the chance to, what we're doing is measuring the pollutants in the air, to continue the metaphor.

I saw this thread a long time ago and I was suspicious, but I never bothered to post about it. I was suspicious, because on Chrome, I have an extension called Web or Trust. It tells you if the website is safe, trustworthy, etc. The reputation of sites is given from rating by users of the extension. When I went to Ignition's site, this was what it said.

upload_2015-11-1_13-51-37.png

Honestly, If I were to even make a low budget licencing car racer, it'll only have 10 cars and 6 tracks at best.

This project as way too much legal issues to be considered a success, not only with car manufacturers but other companies as well as you are ripping their sprites.

@ferrari gt do you even have a plan for this?

Hello everyone!

I see you have a lot of questions to ask and we can answer all of them!

So let's go,I will try to answer main questions here

1)Ripped cars/Cars from GT Series

Now let's make it clear - using ripped cars is illegal.

And since we won't any trouble,we are making models ourselves from blueprints and photos we can find on the internet or request from car manufacturers. Sometimes,we are using GT5/GT6 photomode to take a closer look on cars and detail but of course,since this is a multiplatform game,we can't make cars look too good.
It takes us a lot of time to make a single car,especially when it comes to the newest cars,but we are working every day to make our dream game come true.
If you want,I can post more development images to proof that It's true.

As for the Gran Turismo models - I ( Nikita,I'm sorry but I'm the only english-speaking member in the team )
loved to help other people to take their hands on theese models because I was literally bombed by emails to make a tutorial and I love GT series as much as you do.
So,I've made a tutorial and suggested to make a racing game based on the IGNITION's engine for people who want it,not like a big commercial project and of course,completely free,just for some people on forum to have fun.

We even have some concept-art with GT1 and GT4 Cars,but we decided to focus on IGNITION (make one thing at the time)

It was just a funny thing to do and could look like this

2i093wi.jpg

3011xfd.jpg

x6ltft.jpg

2)Licencing and real cars.

Beleive it or not - We have contacted almost every car manufacturer listed in beta car list about getting licences for the game and most of them are happy to give us a licence for free. Ford was the first company to say "Yes" and their support was amazing!They sent us a contract after just an hour of conversation!

If we will not be able to get some licnces - we will just cut the cars out of the game.(It's that simple,but pretty sad)

It's a very unique experience to have business with people from the top companies.

3)Budget

Some of you can't really beleive that 600$ can do something for a game like this.
And yes,of course It's not enough to develop a AAA racing game,but it's enough to make a step in the market and take a place there.

We want to show others,that the game can have soul and be interesting even when it comes to free games.
Nowadays,market is full of free games with bad optimisation,expensive DLC's,double-currency politics and more,and when it comes to gameplay - they're usually boring.

But we want to step in the market with a free game which has no microtransactions and other things like this. It just ruins a game. We want to make a quality product and show that even a small indie team can make something good and share it for free with everyone!

The only reason we are not on kickstarter is that Russia is in the list of unsupported counties by them and we can't make someone else (for example, someone from USA) go and raise money for the project because it woukd be just too much risk, and we don't want any trouble.

4)Team

There are currently 3 people in our team and some enthusiasts are helping us in development too.
In our country we are old enough to do business and other stuff like this,so there's no problem in that.

I saw this thread a long time ago and I was suspicious, but I never bothered to post about it. I was suspicious, because on Chrome, I have an extension called Web or Trust. It tells you if the website is safe, trustworthy, etc. The reputation of sites is given from rating by users of the extension. When I went to Ignition's site, this was what it said.

View attachment 472399

We didn't knew about this plugin at all,so the only way it shows you this statistics I can imagine is that the website is built on a free hosting. Seriously,have we scammed anyone?

I've nothing against the guy or his game, I didn't even notice who the OP was when I posted initially, the topic just caught my eye but it was clear looking through the OP and the website something is very wrong here. No real explanation is really needed except for whether the cars are ripped or not.

Even if they aren't I'm afraid the project is still a phoney. A big fat phoney.

Of course it seems wrong and strange,actually I would be worried about many things too on your place,because of the crappy website and very big things promised,but when it comes to this point,would we really spend more than a year to build this game from nothing?
This is a very long time and a lot of work,and it wasn't started like "oh,let's make a game,guys!"
It all began years and years ago when I first met 3D modelling and started learning with my friends.
It was a very long way,from simple shapes to cars and buildings,mods for games such as gta sa and others and finally,we are here,making our own debut in gaming market. And we won't stop here,we will go and publish a qualit prodict and share it with everyone - that's our goal! :)

We don't want to be like everyone else,we want to make something really good and enjoyable!

I'm sorry if I haven't answered all of your questions at once,we will write you tommorow again with some sweet news and more detailed answers,but we hope that will clear out some things for you!
We really like the fact that you've got questions to ask,this gives us a chance to make this game even better together! (as it was mentioned in the OP,one of our key features - connection with community)

Thank you for all your support!

Team IGNITION

Last edited:
Beleive it or not - We have contacted almost every car manufacturer listed in beta car list about getting licences for the game and most of them are happy to give us a licence for free. Ford was the first company to say "Yes" and their support was amazing!They sent us a contract after just an hour of conversation!

Sorry but no, I do not believe it. Do you have anything to prove it?

So, you are saying that the car makes including Lamborghini, Nissan, Ford, Toyota, Subaru, BMW, Aston Martin and all the other makes on the beta car list just gave you their licence for free? I find that extremely hard to believe.

Having a contract in an hour is just extremely unbelievable. Even if we imagine the money side was quickly dealt with and they didn't want any (Highly improbably, of course), there is still a lot to be done. They have to see how you're going to use their vehicles, how they will be damaged, how they will compete, how accurate your modelling is etc, which they then need to sign off BEFORE you use them in any promotional material. You don't model them, and show them off THEN show them to Ford and see if they're ok.

This just isn't something you agree and get completed in a short period of time with a huge manufacturer, especially when you're an unknown developer with an unproven and unknown game title. They are going to want a LOT of reassurance before they say yes.

Last edited:
Just based on this whole licencing thing (and how you say you got a free licence in an hour from all the big makes) I am not going to believe another word that has been said unless it has verifiable proof.

I'm sorry, I'm not too good at English and sometimes it can be hard to understand me, but I said not exactly the thing I meant.

I will try again

We have contacted almost every car manufacturer listed in the beta car list. BMW, McLaren and Ford licences were acquired almost a year ago because they were all given us by the same company (sometimes, when it comes to licencing, you're talking not to the real car manufacturers but with different companies)
Nissan,Toyota and Renault will give us a licence for free.

Right now, we're licencing Mazda but it's not a fast process. We are not a 1000 people wide company.

Companies such as Lamborghini and Ferrari are harder to talk with, they're not answering fast and they don't have their "hq's" in Russia to make thjs process a little more clear but still, lamborghini is interested in this project.

if you noticed, we are not mentioning that theese 600 $ will go for car licencing, theese money will go for getting the game to the market legally. There's plenty of taxes and licences for programms we have to buy/continue

About the ps vita: ps vita is the last platform we are focused on, mainly because when we reached the point when the game was playable, SONY announced that they will not support it with games anymore. After that, they shutted down the indie programme they had just when we started conversations with them.
At this point, they will accept a finished licenced game, but only in the psn

As for the tracks-we will not use original logos and even some buildings in our game, at least at first periods.
And yes, we will have some fantasy tracks, just like a gt 1 had them!

Having a contract in an hour is just extremely unbelievable. Even if we imagine the money side was quickly dealt with and they didn't want any (Highly improbably, of course), there is still a lot to be done. They have to see how you're going to use their vehicles, how they will be damaged, how they will compete, how accurate your modelling is etc, which they then need to sign off BEFORE you use them in any promotional material. You don't model them, and show them off THEN show them to Ford and see if they're ok.

This just isn't something you agree and get completed in a short period of time with a huge manufacturer, especially when you're an unknown developer with an unproven and unknown game title.
Well yes, it was a week of waiting, then we received list of 50 emails between workers inside ford company and we've been finally able to talk with ghem about business.

The main fact for them was that it's an indy project.

And we just don't have a damage model in our game for licencing reasons (we wanted to add it and we even have a working prototype, but it's better to go this way)

At the end, it's our problem to licence cars and we have ti deal with many sad things about it too. (For example, bugatti won't even sell us a licence)

We will answer more questions with details tomorrow!

Team IGNITION

Do you have any proof to support any of this? Maybe show us the contract you got from Ford, BMW or McLaren?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back