PS3 General Discussion

Code you kill me. Seriously.

Xbox 360 is impressive, PS3 is more so.

Xbox 360 design isn't amazing either, in fact they look like direct opposites in a sense.

One is concave, the other is convex. Interesting I say.

As for the controller, meh, we haven't even held it yet.

And if youare seriously going to slam the PS3 for it's outer shell and design...come on now code....think about it...games>looks.

You are still being a blatant fan boy.

Tha_con, if I judge machines by shell looks, I wouldn't own an xbox. I also never said the xbox360 looked amazing, but it certainly looks prettier. So please, in future don't make up stuff to back up non existant arguments. Thank you.

Gawd I said the hardware was amazing, what more do you want? I said the killzone 2 shots were gorgeous, yet I'm a fanboy? Right...

I personally think it's quite interesting, the MS way of using tried and tested hardware, vs new cell stuff.

Your still talking blatent crap.

You gotta love good old code_kev and the many other xbox loving people that cannot stand the fact that the 360 is not TECHNOLOGICALLY better......PS3 beats its specs hands down! ...........sure the design may not be to everyones taste (I think its great how they have slighty made it look PS2'ish) but it is better and that will be what people will buy it for........for gaming performance.......

........and here starts the next 5 years........... :sly:

Just saw the F1 video.Code watch it(the video) what do you think?
Oh and I noticed at the end of it BAR won prolly Button:D

You gotta love good old code_kev and the many other xbox loving people that cannot stand the fact that the 360 is not TECHNOLOGICALLY better.

Huh? Robin, your being a n00b. Please stop. I like my xbox, I like my ps2. The end. I was simply wondering how much difference specs will make this generation.

Oh OH OH now that the ps3 is more powerful, I can do what the PS2 fanboys do and claim that it's (the xbox 360) more powerfull and that only UBER game makers can use it's uber technology better! HA!

Can you link me to the F1 vid? I'd love to see it.

Looked at those F1 screenies in the other thread, it looks stunning.

code_kev
Huh? Robin, your being a n00b. Please stop. I like my xbox, I like my ps2. The end. I was simply wondering how much difference specs will make this generation.

Can you link me to the F1 vid? I'd love to see it.

ok.......Im agreeing to dissagree......we both have differing viewpoints and thats that. At the end of the day people will choose what they want.....if they like what either or console will have to offer then they will go for it........In actual fact I doubt that the next gen games on both systems will have very big differences as developers are not going to render same game for 2 levels of console power everytime.......

code_kev
Tha_con, if I judge machines by shell looks, I wouldn't own an xbox. I also never said the xbox360 looked amazing, but it certainly looks prettier. So please, in future don't make up stuff to back up non existant arguments. Thank you.

Gawd I said the hardware was amazing, what more do you want? I said the killzone 2 shots were gorgeous, yet I'm a fanboy? Right...

I personally think it's quite interesting, the MS way of using tried and tested hardware, vs new cell stuff.

Your still talking blatent crap.

Uh huh...okay.

You said the controller looks like a silver bannan, a "cheap PC controller from 1993"...yet you haven't held it at all. To me, those comments alone are "non exsistant arguements".

You said that the PS3 looks like a forman grill...yet the X360 doesn't look funny?

I dunno, I need to look around in the X360 forums and see exactly how much negative you have to say about that.

Sure I might be hard on you and your opinions, but you are overly pessimistic.

You're comlpaining about sony's power claims. Come on code. The fact that they ran the Unreal 3.0 ENGINE ALONE....that alone...in itself....says more than any powerclaim could ever say.

Also, it's not that people hate bill gates, we hate his ambition to dominate each area of the market. Everyone says that the Xbox is "good for competition"...yet it is the very man behind it who is trying to WIPE OUT the competition.

He himself said that "it's brilliant that the day the PS3 releases, sony will be walking right into Halo 3". If that's not a counter measure to try and slow down a console sales and make a company lose money, I don't know what is.

We don't hate him, we hate his greed. His mind set. Well....yea I guess I do hate him.

I'm really happy that sony have decided to stop the monopoly on memory sticks only being accepted.....now it has SD, Flash, etc etc slots aswell.......good move sony! :) 👍

...but dont give us that controller.....it looks offensive :lol: what was this about the design having to be changed for legal issues?......I bet its beacause they have not renewed the DS2's design patent yet and thats why they didnt have a controller that looked believeable. Im hoping that its just going to be a wireless DS2......please SONY!!!!!

I said it LOOKS like a silver banana one, I never said it felt like one.

You said that the PS3 looks like a forman grill...yet the X360 doesn't look funny?

Not lean mean grilling machine funny, no.

Sony are famous for power claims, the ps2 is proof of this. I only suggested waiting to see the games, and ignoring mumbo jumbo like mega tera flips etc. I'd do the same for any system.

I havn't said much about the xbox 2, though I did gush over PGR3 abit.

BTW that F1 video is MIND BLOWING (if it's in game). Simply stunning, so that's an xbox 360 and ps3 for me I guess XD.

Why won't sony just pay for the(DS2)liscense?
DS2's are gonna end up being collector's items.

GTRacer4

Hell sony! :ill: Ill give you the damn money to renew the licence if you just get rid of that horrible cheap looking controller!!!!! Please...a controller is very important...the xbox 360's controller looks good.....

......people are laughing about how rubbish the PS3 controller looks! Im not suprised...

GTRacer4

Because the cost would be insane for what they would have to pay. They would end up losing money after the license fees and manufacturing costs etc.

As for the controller being ugly. Though I agree it isn't pleasing at first sight, neither was the PS1 controller after I was so used to the SNES and Genisis controllers.

I say give it time, if it's comfy, I'm sure within a year people will praise it as a great controller. If it's not, well...crap.

- Hey people, stop taliking about the design of the consoles, that is really nothing that can be discussed on a argument basis, because everybody has a different design he likes, I like both, although I like the PS3 design alittle (just a little ) more...

- The PS3 pad will indeed have a hard time to gain the same respect as the DS 1/2... if that is final

- I think both machines are quite powerful, and in the end (if the gap isn't too huge) it also doesn't count... PS2 is weaker than Xbox, nevertheless I have 3 times more PS2 games than Xbox games, because of game variety, and a different focus on certain genres ( and in my case PS2 wins, in othere cases, for example for online fans XBox wins....

- I'll be happy to buy all three consoles : Sony, Microsoft and Ninitendo - go bring 'em and I buy'em....

So please no flaming....
Just be
banana.gif

while waiting for the next generation... and as codekev indicated : wait for playable demos, because specs alone say nothing ....

...or watch these awesome videos : techdemos of PS3 :
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615000/vids_1.html

Robin 2223
Hell sony! :ill: Ill give you the damn money to renew the licence if you just get rid of that horrible cheap looking controller!!!!! Please...a controller is very important...the xbox 360's controller looks good.....

......people are laughing about how rubbish the PS3 controller looks! Im not suprised...

because of the lawsuit and the prices it'll cost them because of it.

the new controller doesn't look that bad. sure, it's different...but look at it this way...

when other people first discovered asians, they looked way different. but, they didn't shoot them down or do away with them. had they done so, we wouldn't even have ps3, let alone most of the game consoles we know and love. so, maybe...just maybe, if we gave the new controller a shot, great things will come of it. and we can all live happily ever after.

...:lol:

The PS3 looks good, looks like a convex version of PS2.

So.... does the controller come back when you throw it? Wouldnt want to get mad at a game and throw the controller for it to come back around and hit you in the head :P. (BTW I dont like the controller)

I personally dont like the looks of the XBOX 360, but im not worried about looks, I want to see how it plays.

If that really is the new controller than why in the press conference do they still use the 'iconic' DS shape in the presentation.....surely it should be the silhouette of the new odd shaped one.....hmmmmmm...... makes me hope!! :nervous

Robin 2223
If that really is the new controller than why in the press conference do they still use the 'iconic' DS shape in the presentation.....surely it should be the silhouette of the new odd shaped one.....hmmmmmm...... makes me hope!! :nervous

Well I'm not sure, but maybe this pic is a little older, and they didn't want to indicate the shape of the new pad until yesterday's conference...

Robin 2223

Because they are lazy.

DS2 won't show up, too much money.

At least sony could use the shape of it and use a DIFFERENT vibration system
and has anyone seen the Nintendo revolution?
e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517072756634.jpg

No, the nintendo revolution press conference is going on right now.

It's already been revealed, just looks like an external DVD drive, pretty neat though, completely wireless also.

I remember for PS2 there was a mug you could connect(via usb)so it would keep the drink hot

The driver in the Skyline must be thinking "I thought they closed off ALL the roads!"
Do you have a downloadable version?IGN won't let me

why is everybody dissing the controller, i personally think it's looks great. it's the same thing when the ps1 controller came out, everybody made fun of it untill they held it. wait untill you hold the controller and i'm sure everybody is going to change theire mind. as an industrial designer i can attest to the inovative qualities that sony portray in their design. think about the controller from a practicall and user-friendly point of view. i'm sure it's gonna bee even more comfortable than DS2. now if there is a controller that needs to be critsized it's that of XboX 360, it looks like a copy of logitech's wireless controller for ps2, no inovation at MS what so ever. let's not foget the first XboX controller, you could have killed a man with that thing.
but the most thing i am excited about is the remake of final fantasy VII, and i think this time they will, no matter how much they deny it. it will bring them a lot of revenue if the remake it, and they know it. but they want it to be perfect, that's why they showed it as a demo on ps3. no matter how much they deny it, FF VII is coming to PS3, cause if you wanted to show the capabilties of ps3 using one of teh FF games they should have used FF X, because it;s graphically sound on ps2 and then they push it a bit further with ps 3's hardware. but what they did is that they provoked the public with the best RPG of all time and remade it hinting for things to come.
currently i'm playing FF VII again for the seventh time, and this time i'm working on getting all the secrets all together, every time before i missed something but not this time, hopefully.
over and out.........

After looking at more,it DOES look a bit more comfortable,especially for larger hands.

Back