PS3 General Discussion

How much does everyone reckon the ps3 will cost???

im look at round the 250 quid mark

This all sounds VERY interesting...but trying to download vids etc is a nightmare at the moment. There is obviously a LOT of online activity right now.
GameTrailers.com are pretty reliable but their servers are very slow at the mo'.

Well, I guess I can wait a little longer.

slackbladder
This all sounds VERY interesting...but trying to download vids etc is a nightmare at the moment. There is obviously a LOT of online activity right now.
GameTrailers.com are pretty reliable but their servers are very slow at the mo'.

Well, I guess I can wait a little longer.
The first video is streaming only. You can't download it. I'm not sure about the others. They were all made from the streaming video and I've seen it several times already so there is no reason to watch them again.

Event
ANyone else think that the Playstation 3 font on the console is the same font as the Spiderman movie?

yeah, i was gonna say that but i forgot about it. i probably posted it on some other forum and thought i did here too. i think they should've made the letter skinnier though. this way they could keep with the adverising font and the ps2 font as well. i hope they change it. they sure have enough time.

does anyone know if there is a possibility of the green/orange/black cables for pc audio equipment? i don't really see any :( . i'd love to finally milk some true 5.1 out of my logitechs.

Bee
How much does everyone reckon the ps3 will cost???

im look at round the 250 quid mark

Good question. How about this, "What's it worth to you?"

I'd throw down $500 USD for either the PS3 or the XBox360. And I'll probably end up with both at some point. I have no desire to get them at launch though. I can wait a few months for them to correct massive hardware bugs and release a better product.

no doubt the price will have an effect in sales between the big 3, so sony, microsoft and nintendo best be thinking bout this very very closely...

i dunno... but i reckon tht the prices will fall real fast after like 2 - 3 months....

ExigeExcel
Are Nintendo going to try and undercut the other two like the Cube did, or is the 'rev a different marketing idea?

They have to... Revolution seems to be quite underpowered... only 2-3 times faster than the Cube ( Ps3=25*Ps2 ; Xbox360 = 15*Xbox ) at least on paper...

but still it is only the beginnin of what will be a massive battle of the consols.... for all we know one of thm could occur a bug tht could wipe the power capabilities out, yes on paper they all seem bloody amazing... (except maybe the nintendo) but one bug and thts it, the papers wont mean a thing....

They should really make certain they dont run into any trouble before letting out the power capabillities to the public...

I need to buy a new HDTV set for the PS3. The problem is, they don't make them yet. I want my next HDTV set to be 1080p. After I get my new HDTV, I'll buy the PS3 and not sooner. I have no way of taking advantage of the HDMI outputs, so why bother getting it sooner?

I'd pay $500 for a high-definition video player, high-definition game console and a Super Audio Compact Disc player.

But saying tht how many bugs did the ps2 run into?? hardly any if i remember correctly, yet the xbox had tht problem with the power cables (overheating the xbox itself, im not sure if tht was just in the uk) so looking on form sony look favourites to stay clear from bugs....

gd luck to em all though

amazing.... i just saw this news report and GTA san andreas got as much of a gross income as the leading box office movie of last yr... thts how much games are becomin to be a major part of our lives....

Max_DC
F1 racing is not ingame... no way ( 99% )....
I have a feeling that Killzone is ingame however....

Yes it's in game people! That is the view you get in Killzone and it will be the view you get in anyother killzone that you get. It's just missing a HUD. Of course they won't have the HUD ready when they only got the PS3 hardware (or software, whatever) 2 months ago.

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GAAAAAAAAAWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
!!1
!
1!11

&*head explodes from all the next-gen hype* :( I've finally seen the Revolution!!!

Oh who cares!I got $2000 saved up for next-gen if the prices wanna get ugly!:D

I know this was a few pages back, but on that Spiderman GT vid: Man the tire skid sounds were sweet and so realistic. And I dont know what real JGTC cars sound like, but they sounded good to. If the real in game noises sound anywhere near that good, GT5 will be a huge step forward.

FatAssBR
I´ve read that the PS3 will be released on the first semester of 2006, can anyone confirm this?
I think, I read on the Japanese news site, June 2006. I'll go check.

Update: Spring of 2006.

Well, I'd like to know if there will be a worldwide release this time or the classic again... April in Japan, and Christmas in Europe and the US....?

FatAssBR
I´ve read that the PS3 will be released on the first semester of 2006, can anyone confirm this?

I think it's safe to assume it will follow the PS2 launch scehdule.

Spring 06 for Japan, and Fall 06 for US (more than likely OCT).

What this does is set up the perfect market strategy. Japanese gamers buy video games all year round, and it set's up the perfect hype for the PS3 stateside when we see all the cool japanese titles being released.

Then, we'll wait, and the anticipation will grow, and we'll hear more and more about US title releases, and pre-orders will skyrocket.

Following this, everyone will fall into the holiday hype. Oct is the PERFECT time to release anything for holidays, because most people think ti's "ahead" of the rush, but since nearly everyone thinks this, everyone is buying, hence the frenzy begins, and for the next three months, PS3's will be selling like hotcakes.

Good stuff isn't it? lol.

pimpin_t
I was just looking on the Sony site and noticed this Grand Theft Auto picture in the back. Anyone have any news on it?

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml?storyId=106797_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=PC115

It's a title for the PSP, PS3 will not get a GTA for sometime, though it was originally reported to be a launch title, those reports were false, at least they were not commented on by Rockstar. What was said, however, is that Rockstar will be working on a next generation GTA for the next gen systems, however which one, and when, was not stated. Though it's extremely safe to assume that neither console will recieve it on launch.

tha_con
It's a title for the PSP, PS3 will not get a GTA for sometime, though it was originally reported to be a launch title, those reports were false, at least they were not commented on by Rockstar. What was said, however, is that Rockstar will be working on a next generation GTA for the next gen systems, however which one, and when, was not stated. Though it's extremely safe to assume that neither console will recieve it on launch.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see what ideas Rockstar have for the next GTA. Hopefully E3 may have some teasers.

pimpin_t
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see what ideas Rockstar have for the next GTA. Hopefully E3 may have some teasers.

I have a feeling that E3 will have news on GTA for a next gen system....E3 2006 that is.

As of right now, they are being tight lipped, and I think until then, all we'll get is tid bits of info and hype. For instance, I think they would annouce some time in the future, that the next GTA would have "online components" to build up hype, but they won't comment on what exactly will be online. Then they'll announce something like "we're aiming for an environment that is 5 times as large as that of San Andreas" and people will start to clammer. Next they'll say somtehing like "we have three times as many cars and pedestirans on screen, and other lively objects are now included, etc etc etc".

Don't expect it to be a visual powerhouse though, as we all know of Rockstar, they will aim to get everything they can in this game, at the expense of minor visual adjustments.

In all honesty, I expect, and think it's highly possibe to see the following:

Heavy traffic and traffic jams during "rush hour". Animals (squirrles, birds, dogs, cats, etc). People walking their animals. A lot more character models. I.e. instead of one model for old ladies and one model for old men, we'll see multiple for each, and so on and so forth.

HUGE radio content, and I am positive, if HDD support is prevailant in both consoles, they will have the ability to create your own station (include your own songs, mix and match commercials, etc).

TONS of pedestrian comments, with a lot more interaction between them.

Many more cars, of course we'll see huge variations in custom stuff on cars, rather than just many models in different colors.

I also think we'll see cooler things as far as law enforcement goes. I see tear gas, spikes, complex road blocks, swat teams, the whole nine yards.

I think drugs will make a comeback too, with really cool effects, lol.

tha_con
I have a feeling that E3 will have news on GTA for a next gen system....E3 2006 that is.

As of right now, they are being tight lipped, and I think until then, all we'll get is tid bits of info and hype. For instance, I think they would annouce some time in the future, that the next GTA would have "online components" to build up hype, but they won't comment on what exactly will be online. Then they'll announce something like "we're aiming for an environment that is 5 times as large as that of San Andreas" and people will start to clammer. Next they'll say somtehing like "we have three times as many cars and pedestirans on screen, and other lively objects are now included, etc etc etc".

Don't expect it to be a visual powerhouse though, as we all know of Rockstar, they will aim to get everything they can in this game, at the expense of minor visual adjustments.

In all honesty, I expect, and think it's highly possibe to see the following:

Heavy traffic and traffic jams during "rush hour". Animals (squirrles, birds, dogs, cats, etc). People walking their animals. A lot more character models. I.e. instead of one model for old ladies and one model for old men, we'll see multiple for each, and so on and so forth.

HUGE radio content, and I am positive, if HDD support is prevailant in both consoles, they will have the ability to create your own station (include your own songs, mix and match commercials, etc).

TONS of pedestrian comments, with a lot more interaction between them.

Many more cars, of course we'll see huge variations in custom stuff on cars, rather than just many models in different colors.

I also think we'll see cooler things as far as law enforcement goes. I see tear gas, spikes, complex road blocks, swat teams, the whole nine yards.

I think drugs will make a comeback too, with really cool effects, lol.

if the next gta takes place in a modern era, i wouldn't be suprised if your "radio" had a cd player too. that or you could carry around an ipod or something similar. it would be a good reason or excuse or whatever as a way to integrate your music stored on the hardware.

OMG! When I first saw the new Unreal Engine and Killzone in REAL TIME at work, I almost had an orgasm. I will DEFINATELY be willing to pay whatever they're going to price the PS3 at.

Edit: When I do get it. I'm going to use a mouse and keyboard for the FPS games cause that's the best way to play 'em. I dislike playing console shooters for the simple fact that I am no where near as good using a contoller as opposed to mouse and keyboard. And I REALLY hope they change the final design on both the console and controller. The PS3 looks ugly like that. It reminds me of an airport terminal I saw once, and the controller, although it looks comfortable to hold, is probably not the best to be using for gaming. Make the old controller a little more egonomic (rounded edges and whatnot), add some vents, and give it some padding. That would be nice.

Latest Posts

Back