PS3 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Solid Lifters, May 17, 2005.

1. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

i wonder what a dynasty warriors or other super-massive army game looks like. what ever happened to total warrior? are the boys are creative assembly making it for ps3 or ps2?

the possibilities are so vast and broad. it's incredible.

2. Max_DC

Max_DC

What I am asking myself these days, is what will the grafics of playable games actually look like... the F1 game for example is no ingame video... maybe Motorstorm is... and also Killzone could be ingame... I'm afraid we have to wait until Games Convention or TGS to find out... :nervous:

3. code_kev

code_kev

What a weak argument. You argue that there's not innovation in that pad, but could you point out the UBER sony innovation in sonys? It's just a pad, as long as it's comfy, i'll be happy, but that doesn't stop it looking like a silver banana. For you information the xbox360 pad looks like a smartened up xbox S pad, cept in different colours etc. If we are gonna talk rip offs, I could say that the new PS3 pad looks alot like an old sidewinder pad I used to have...but no one cares. TBH I'm sceptial about this whole wireless thing, I don't like the idea of buying batteries for pads. I'm also sure that with the correct usage I could kill some one with a DS2, i'd just have to swing it fast enough.

Another thing is, now seeing how good the games seem to look on this, I'm gonna HAVE to buy both :(. OHHHH WELLLL hahah :D. That F1 game is currently top of my games to get on the ps3 list, the Gt5 screenies I've seen look like Gt4 but abit sharper. :(. I am worried that those shots ain't in game though, they don't exactly look like game play footage tbh, especially the way it moves etc.

4. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Looks like I'm getting most of what I wanted. Aside from the shape of the console and the custom A/V connectors, it's pretty much dead on, and then some. Neat!

The best part of all is the two displays. BAD ASS!

5. Robin

Robin Premium

Im quite suprised that not console to this day has had a display on it! yeah the dreamcast had some on the controllers (why has that never been done again?) but no other console has a display.....I know you dont need one......but it would be good for time on DVD's etc....

6. F1GTR

F1GTR Premium

That's why Sony made the PSP

7. tha_con

tha_con (Banned)

Game play footage varies very little from real time in engine footage, the only difference is camera angle.

I don't see what the big deal is between the two honestly.

And how doesn't it "look like game play footage"...? I mean...did you ever think that it's just how next gen looks? The unreal engine is all "game play footage"...yet no one has commented. I mean, what more proof do you need that this console is indeed going to run awesome next gen graphics? Why is there ANY doubt what so ever? They've proved it. Multiple times.

On a side note. Controllers are all about preference. I prefer something slimmer and that fits my hands. The DS2 worked nicely, and this looks to work better. Xbox controllers don't suit me so well, but they are still well designed.

8. code_kev

code_kev

When a game's in game, you can usually tell...those killzone 2 shots probably aint, the unreal engine stuff is, and motorstorm...while I wish it was, it simply strikes me as being too good. Too planned out, too clean etc, show me footage with some guy playing it properly and I'll believe it's in game. Same goes for half the xbox 360 footage, companies love using CG to advertise games. BTW I REALLY hope I'm wrong :). That motorstorm would be BAD ASS to play!

[​IMG]

Image goodness. I just can't help but think CG.

Anyway, as I said, I REALLY hope I'm wrong :D

9. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

Let's see you try this on! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63894

10. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

Not to be stupid, but are the Vision GT and Motorstorm demos later in that streaming vid? Because all I saw was a bunch of talking heads and a BS 90-second video of the world drowing some kind of glowing fungus.

11. Giancarlo

Giancarlo Premium

Can you please take the bashing somewhere else please?

It's a bit annoying when i see their are new posts in here, thinking there's either more news or good opinions on this PS3, but only seeing code_kev and who knows how many people getting into pissy little arguements.

12. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

Yes, fast forward to 1:30:00. The games should be there. There's more after some more talking.

13. Event

Event Premium

ANyone else think that the Playstation 3 font on the console is the same font as the Spiderman movie?

14. tha_con

tha_con (Banned)

....whatever kev, you are too pessimistic.

Many of my contact at E3 have told me there hasn't been any CG demonstrations for PS3 thusfar. They are sceptical about a few, however most have been commented by developers as being in engine shots.

How can you doubt that Killzone will look that good when the Unreal Engine looks BETTER than that? I'm just not seeing your doubtful logic.

Both Xbox 360 and PS3 have been touting TONS of in engine footage....quit being such an emo.

15. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

All I know is I'm not looking forward to a year and a half of code_kev screaming that there better be reverse lights in GT5...

16. code_kev

code_kev

And skid marks.

17. Max_DC

Max_DC

F1 racing is not ingame... no way ( 99% )....
    I have a feeling that Killzone is ingame however....

18. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

If you want skid marks, just check your underpants.

Bada-Bing!

19. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

I want control of the headlights. And be able to flash them at AI in front of me to get them to move the heck out of the way.

20. F1GTR

F1GTR Premium

That video reminds me of the Call of Duty advert

21. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

Interesting point - that's something else that would have been nice on this round of consoles. Just a nice 3 line, 30 characters per line display on the front of the console. Oh well. It would also be nice if the controllers had some kind of small display like on the Dreamcast. Additional interaction oportunities there!

22. code_kev

code_kev

I also want flys that splatter on the car in real time, and tiny droplets of blood to seep out of them, with real time splatter patterns. See, I don't ask for much. Oh and Damage, it's a PS3 for gawds sake, if I see any car bouncing off the walls like it's made of rubber, I shaln't be happy.

23. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

You shant be happy, no matter what.

I see we're in for a lot of violence, game-wise, in the future.

24. code_kev

code_kev

Wrong. I'll be happy when I can slam my 1 million credit car in to a wall, then watch the replay in slow motion as the car dynamically falls to pieces correctly, with a camera angle that I can put anywhere I want. Infact, gimme a GT movie editor!

25. tha_con

tha_con (Banned)

Yet three months ago it didn't matter as long as Forza had damage it was teh ownzorz. Make up your mind.

26. code_kev

code_kev

Forza's damage was a step in the right direction, but certainly not as destructive as I wanted. Also 3 months ago I had only played some demo thingy, so that hardly counts. I also never said Forzas damage would be the ownz0rzrzrzr anyway, but I did say it should be good. I just want a sim with uber crashes, there's nothing wrong with that! I like breaking things :(

27. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

I don't need a movie editor, I just want to be able to rewind the damn replay.

28. tha_con

tha_con (Banned)

As I stated in the other thread, you can't make the claim, you have no clue at all.

I see no reason what so ever for sony to let anyone off the hook with a CG demo for a game at a console release where they are going to PROMOTE their upcoming console. They are going to aim to impress everyone. ANd since PS3 is capable of nearly CG quality visuals on the fly, there would be absolutely no reason to use CG.

Your claims are insane, and should be regarded as such.

If Killzone is IN ENGINE, with ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE and ALL OF THOSE PARTICLE EFFECTS and ALL OF THOSE SOUNDS and ALL OF THOSE LIGHTING EFFECTS...then it would be extremely simple to make a game that looks like F1 Racing.

Dont sound like a n00b and I won't treat you like one. But don't challange me if you don't know what you are saying either.

29. F1GTR

F1GTR Premium

Have you got a pink F40 with polka dots all over it in Forza yet?

30. code_kev

code_kev

I'm still working towards the f40, but I do have a "800b135" lotus, and a skyline r32 that does 0-60 in less then 3 seconds :D.

Infact, I'll buy a ferrari on it later, and make it pink in honour of GTP. With green spots ofc.