PS3 General Discussion

8.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Questions, is it me or does it lok liek a stretch to hit Triangle.

First because the shoudler buttons are molded with the shape and they will stretch your index and middle fingers and your hand will also be spread by the shape.

NEW RUMOUR: Save your PS1 and PS2 games on the HDD and play them at the same time on one screen! Running GT1, 2, 3 and 4 Cooooool :0 :)
with 4 people ofcourse.

ExigeExcel
Questions, is it me or does it lok liek a stretch to hit Triangle.

First because the shoudler buttons are molded with the shape and they will stretch your index and middle fingers and your hand will also be spread by the shape.

I'm pretty sure the distance between the face buttons hasn't changed at all, and the plane across the top of them is even.

edit:

Below I've attached a picture of the DS2 compared to the new controller, as you can see :) The distance of the buttons really hasn't changed at all, granted they are slightly rotated. From what I see, it looks like the curves of the handles will invite the hands to rest just a bit easier while holding, and allows for a more natrual feeling.

But that's just what I see...but I'm almost positive it'll feel wonderful :)

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 53
Wow, the PS3 looks awesome! :drool: And, is it weird that I actually liked the controller? :indiff:
I think it'll be much more confortable, but the size makes me wonder... I didn't like the xbox controller, or the Gamecube one either; I got used to the DS1/2 from the beginning. Although I don't want to think about the price that thing will be.... if the PS2 I have cost around $350 chipped and all... :nervous:

And, one other thing (sorry for going a little off-topic here): Does anyone know what song they used in the Vision GT demo?

I'm not the biggest fan of the controller and I really do think it has to much of a boomarang look to it. I thought the ps2 controllers where great and well thought out. They seemed to be the perfect shape. The only problem ive ever had with those controllers were that the sony ones had some little piece inside that would break and it would get stuck in my L2 button which would catch me off guard.

the_undrtaker89
I'm not the biggest fan of the controller and I really do think it has to much of a boomarang look to it. I thought the ps2 controllers where great and well thought out. They seemed to be the perfect shape. The only problem ive ever had with those controllers were that the sony ones had some little piece inside that would break and it would get stuck in my L2 button which would catch me off guard.

well..

comfort > looks I say.

I just finished watching the Sony´s conference video, that was ****ing amazing. The duck´s demo video was really cool, even more when he used the eye-toy to play with the water.

And all those game trailers.... :drool:

Funny though, the game video that most impressed me wasn´t talked at all here. If it was I missed it. Motor Storm! That was so real! I know it was just a tech demo, but if PS3 can really do that in game I´ll have to get one as soon as I can.

So, if any of you didn´t see the Motor Storm video yet download it now! I was more impressed by it than the Killzone 2 video.

FatAssBR
I just finished watching the Sony´s conference video, that was ****ing amazing. The duck´s demo video was really cool, even more when he used the eye-toy to play with the water.

And all those game trailers.... :drool:

Funny though, the game video that most impressed me wasn´t talked at all here. If it was I missed it. Motor Storm! That was so real! I know it was just a tech demo, but if PS3 can really do that in game I´ll have to get one as soon as I can.

So, if any of you didn´t see the Motor Storm video yet download it now! I was more impressed by it than the Killzone 2 video.
I did watch the "duck" demonstration. I was so amazed, then they brought in the eye-toy inventor and went on with the demo with those cups. I couldn't believe it, when they tossed a cup of water across the bathtub! :eek:

Solid Lifters
Is there more than one? Is it the same as the one seen in the pre E3 Sony press confernce?

I haven't been keeping up, so I'm guessing it is. It's not much, there's the crappy Spiderman one and the other video with the pits.

I saw the spiderman one. Don't bother. Nothing interesting about it except the unusual amount of cars. That's it. One of the cars spun out but didn't hit so I don't know about damage. :indiff:

I saw the spiderman one. Don't bother. Nothing interesting about it except the unusual amount of cars. That's it. One of the cars spun out but didn't hit so I don't know about damage. :indiff:

The tire skid sound effects in the spidy vid are impresive also. Fingers crossed for something like it in GT5. They know we want stuf like that, I doubt they would show it now and not deliver in-game. But like I said, fingers crossed. I wont hold my breath though, that could get dangerous. :lol:

Now we just have to wait for Sony to develop a special viewing screen that allows us to use surround gaming in Vision GT5 inferno

Anybody still have a link of the Sony press conference where they show off the new EyeToy and all that?

I haven't been around here since the pal release of GT4 ,and as I don't have much time to review the PS3 threads , here are some questions.
1- Bits wise , if PSX had 32 bits and PS2 128 bits , how many will PS3 have ? or is it they don't count bits any more ?
2- Will the official controller be wired or wireless and if so what kind of batteries and how long do they last ?
3- Finally , I was slightly disappointed by the PS3 tech vids as I was expecting MOVIE QUALITY graphics. So do you really think it is not yet time for consoles to achieve movie quality graphics or maybe we should wait for a PS4 in 2010 ?

Nizar1980
I haven't been around here since the pal release of GT4 ,and as I don't have much time to review the PS3 threads , here are some questions.
1- Bits wise , if PSX had 32 bits and PS2 128 bits , how many will PS3 have ? or is it they don't count bits any more ?
2- Will the official controller be wired or wireless and if so what kind of batteries and how long do they last ?
3- Finally , I was slightly disappointed by the PS3 tech vids as I was expecting MOVIE QUALITY graphics. So do you really think it is not yet time for consoles to achieve movie quality graphics or maybe we should wait for a PS4 in 2010 ?
I'll answer #2. Yes, it will be wireless, I thin Bluetooth wireless and up to 7 people, although, I'm guessing most will use 6. I don't think there's any info on battery life.

I thought "Killing Day" looked like a movie. I'm not a big movie guy, but it looked like I was either watching a movie or in a movie. I was blown away to be honest. I'm not going to do that high expectation junk that gets a lot of us into trouble, but I think that we're looking at maybe not "movie quality" graphics, but surely better graphics and capabilities than its predecesor. All I expect out of the PS3 is for it to be in my house playing my games and my DVDs someday, sometime.

I haven't been here in these forums on a daily deal, so I haven't seen much in the way of reports and news on the PS3. I don't know as much as I want to since I'm mostly on the run and on the go on GTP.

Well , that means if we don't want to buy batteries every couple of days we have 2 buy a wired controller. Damn sony's marketing strategies. They always force u 2 buy their products . Anyway , I hope wired controller doesn't look that silly....And what about questions 1 and 3 can anyone ?

Back