[PS4] European GT3 Championship *spots available!*Taking Reserves!Thursday 23rd Race6 @ZolderOpen 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 934 comments

What is your preference regarding Cars?

• Keep the 4 cars we have, 4 max of each but switch out SLS for RUF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the 4 cars we have no Max limit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe about 1000-1100 is optimal (or certainly what I aim for). More than that and you will find you go long into corners due to the brakes overheating, same if they are cold, they just won't stop the car as well.

What you can do is flick between bonnet and in car cam and check the engine temps. You ideally don't want it to be above 100, but you will get away with the temps going up to 140-150 before it blows, but I'm certain you drop power, as I've been racing a friend and was losing time each lap, but hitting every apex and braking point, yet still missing my fastest time by a long way.

I think I run 50% radiator and 52% brakes in the Aston. Also you will find lowering the camber helpful, as I have found the car better running -1.3 F and -0.2 R.

The thing with tuning is not so much knowing exactly what does what, it is a case of (certainly for me) changing one thing and seeing if it makes the car behave more like I would want, if not it gets changed back and I try something else. Sometimes drunk Skaankypuppy comes along and changes many things and messes up the set up when I next drive it lol.

Last edited:
With Silverstone being a high speed track you get a lot of air in the ducts to cool down same as Monza and spa
Yeah but it was particularly cool yesterday, up to the time and weather certainly.

What you can do is flick between bonnet and in car cam and check the engine temps. You ideally don't want it to be above 100, but you will get away with the temps going up to 140-150 before it blows, but I'm certain you drop power, as I've been racing a friend and was losing time each lap, but hitting every apex and braking point, yet still missing my fastest time by a long way.
From my experience it'll blow much earlier (120-130°C) if it lasts for too long. (damn you P30 :lol:)

I believe about 1000-1100 is optimal (or certainly what I aim for). More than that and you will find you go long into corners due to the brakes overheating, same if they are cold, they just won't stop the car as well.

I think I run 50% radiator and 52% brakes in the Aston. Also you will find lowering the camber helpful, as I have found the car better running -1.3 F and -0.2 R.

The thing with tuning is not so much knowing exactly what does what, it is a case of (certainly for me) changing one thing and seeing if it makes the car behave more like I would want, if not it gets changed back and I try something else. Sometimes drunk Skaankypuppy comes along and changes many things and messes up the set up when I next drive it lol.

I will open up my ducts and see if it helps

I think the camber as stock on the Audi is 3.4 on the rear not sure on front

So that's looking very high compared to yours I know its a different car so setups are not 100℅ transferable

Is there a way to find out air and track temperature or is it just quests work with weather and time of day

I will open up my ducts and see if it helps

I think the camber as stock on the Audi is 3.4 on the rear not sure on front

So that's looking very high compared to yours I know its a different car so setups are not 100℅ transferable

Is there a way to find out air and track temperature or is it just quests work with weather and time of day

I have a button on the wheel assigned to flick through the motec screens and another to change HUD so I can see the tyre and brake temps when I need to. It helps in getting the car in the zone you need, as different tracks vary, also different weather makes a difference too.

I'm sure @Goruk is running much less camber on his Audi, more like -1.5 on the front and less on the rear. Every car I have driven so far needed the camber dropping majorly. Give it a blast. Set a clean lap normal, then once you feel you have got a tidy lap, you can then make changes and try another and see if your sector times go up or down after a few laps. That's all I do, set my best lap, then make changes and see if the car feels better and impotantly is any faster.

I am certainly no turner and do not follow any magic formula, set a lap, change tyre pressures, then ride height, camber and toe usually, but sometimes diff before camber. Then once I feel that is optimal I move to mostly the fast bump and slow bump on the shocks, as reducing those at the rear help keep the car more stable over kerbs. I also then change some of these settings again to change the way the car feels if required.

I'm very embarassing at dubai... a best of mid-high 58 and the car is really, really bad to drive. Wasted 2 hours trying to fix it to no use.

I bet we'll see 53s from the usual guys. I'm sure this will be the track where the biggest gaps will form.

I have never driven it, but will have a go a bit later tonight I think, once the kids are in bed. I'm not sure what setup to use as a base yet. Sometimes I just start from scatch and change it all again, so may do that. One thing is for sure, I've never done a lap there, so it will take a few laps to pick up the groove.

I'll have to bear the camber in mind too when tuning from now on, I tend to leave it on the default settings as I don't know enough about it to know how it effects cars on this game. I'm still used to the Codies F1 games where you throw it all to the far left/right.

Last edited:
I'm very embarassing at dubai... a best of mid-high 58 and the car is really, really bad to drive. Wasted 2 hours trying to fix it to no use.

I bet we'll see 53s from the usual guys. I'm sure this will be the track where the biggest gaps will form.
I think that im going to lose a lot off time on the long straights. The McLaren isnt fast enough. And Dubai has some long straights :(.

How do you think I feel at 03s!

If I'm 10s a lap slower I'm out.

Difficult track but more worryingly I'm finding I'm getting 5s pens for cutting when I'm clearly not.(the tight right hander about 30s into the lap)

Will post a video but if it keeps happening I might just miss this anyway. Absolute joke.

Och well , passed a bit the disappointment of the last race I'm in for Dubai GP .
Just done a little test of 10 laps at Dubai and for the moment I have a laptime of 1:59.860 .
Still some work to be done .

Phoewieieiei , in the 1:53 :crazy: karsten thats fast you know .

Edit 1: 10 more laps done and I'm at 1:58.086 .
Edit 2: 20 more done 1:57.267 , got the feeling that this will be my target laptime point in race I hope .

I like this track but afraid as I am for some issue I have had already 3 times some small hits with my car for no reason but could drive further and no damage :rolleyes: mama mia .

Last edited:
Sign um up in I'm in to begin Duby Dubai GP .

01: Azidahaka
02: svenvangent
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17: Stooooooooop .

01: Azidahaka
02: svenvangent
03: Riggy
04: ErnstJ
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17: Stooooooooop .

Didnt have time to practice. Hope i have time on wednesday night.

How do you think I feel at 03s!

If I'm 10s a lap slower I'm out.

Difficult track but more worryingly I'm finding I'm getting 5s pens for cutting when I'm clearly not.(the tight right hander about 30s into the lap)

Will post a video but if it keeps happening I might just miss this anyway. Absolute joke.

I have also had this happen and I only did 4 laps

Happened on the inside of the corner and I was at least a foot away from even touching the kerbs

No idea if it only effects single player or if online as well

Online too. You need to keep more to the racing line to avoid the penalty. If you get off line you pick up a 5 second penalty.

Yeah but it's not really on, there is potential to over take there but now you can't.

Appreciate it's not on the racing line but it's still crap. :(

With this problem on the track it may be an idea to change this race, I don't think it's wise to race with this issue

With this problem on the track it may be an idea to change this race, I don't think it's wise to race with this issue

I love this circuit, but I agree if this is an ongoing issue we should change venue, I guess that leaves Hockenheim and Oschersleben?

If we're insisting on changing venue, then I vote Hockenhiem.

Totally isn't because I've already got a reasonable setup and know the track well *shifty eyes*

Latest Posts

Back