[PS4]Formula 4 Championship *FINISHED* results on post #548Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 566 comments
Sorry to all drivers for my lack of temper and double retirement, but i'm very disappointed in my results (with only good race in last 3 rounds i was sent out) and complete inability to dial in a good enough setup, expecially in rain conditions.

Being 2.5 seconds off pace on dry is already hard, but i can't tune and finishing 4th was ok, but on light rain going from 2-2.5 to 6 is off the chart and i can't accept sucking so badly. Bitter i know.

Adding to it how off the serie went from my plan of close exciting racing, and adding in the many that skipped or quitted the serie, i had far enough for today.

I still damn myself for bending to the uproar it was raised when i proposed "fixed setup" for the serie, i'm sure we wouldn't have had such gaps in all races. Oh well, i even managed to give out a wrong race 3 start list at first and to crash into @Cobra75 in race 3.

Can't say i made me miss anything this week.

Yes I had my own league and I was driving in international league as well. So I understand the rules. I want to have realism, not arcadism

that is very good, remember to add to your friends so you can race next week.

Sorry to all drivers for my lack of temper and double retirement, but i'm very disappointed in my results (with only good race in last 3 rounds i was sent out) and complete inability to dial in a good enough setup, expecially in rain conditions.

Being 2.5 seconds off pace on dry is already hard, but i can't tune and finishing 4th was ok, but on light rain going from 2-2.5 to 6 is off the chart and i can't accept sucking so badly. Bitter i know.

Adding to it how off the serie went from my plan of close exciting racing, and adding in the many that skipped or quitted the serie, i had far enough for today.

I still damn myself for bending to the uproar it was raised when i proposed "fixed setup" for the serie, i'm sure we wouldn't have had such gaps in all races. Oh well, i even managed to give out a wrong race 3 start list at first and to crash into @Cobra75 in race 3.

Can't say i made me miss anything this week.

that is very good, remember to add to your friends so you can race next week.
No problems mate, i had dirt on my tires so I had to break earlier than usual..

Did anyone get a pic of the results from race 1?
Just curious of the lap times..

Sorry I missed today, I somehow managed to completely forget it was Monday (I'm blaming having a day off work ill and losing track of the week) I'll be back next week for sure.

@azidahaka we should have close racing. These cars are very easy to follow closely and the tow effect is inmense. To shake someone off you need to be half a second faster in most tracks. If it´s a setup issue I don´t mind sharing what I use. I haven´t been able to do per track finetuning because of time limitations, so I always use sort of the same with different wings.

That way everybody could have a baseline to work from and then adjust to their liking, I have no issues with that. We can all benefit from a tighter field 👍

Despite the good results it was a tough event. After the quali lap I thought race 1 would be sort of easy but I couldn´t shake @rcb929 off until he made a mistake himself. It was quite a lot of pressure but I learned some places where I could improve for the other races. I hadn´t touched the game for 1 week and it took a while to get consistent.

Race 2 was sort of boring, I couldn´t make progress fast enough through the pack so I ended on my own on 2nd in no one´s land. Don´t think I could have catched @Finnva anyway, he was every bit as fast in these conditions.

Race 3 saved the day. It was REALLY good. I did a great start and took the lead. Then next 10 minutes rcb was in the edge of the tow, always around 0.8 off. I got a bit distracted out of turn 3 and went wide. He took the lead... from there to the end it was FANTASTIC. :cheers: If felt good despite the disapointment of dropping the lead in the final laps like a n00b :lol:

So my question is: Where is next round? And secondly I would like to know who shall I invite to friends that would be the easiest way to communicate

@azidahaka we should have close racing. These cars are very easy to follow closely and the tow effect is inmense. To shake someone off you need to be half a second faster in most tracks. If it´s a setup issue I don´t mind sharing what I use. I haven´t been able to do per track finetuning because of time limitations, so I always use sort of the same with different wings.

That way everybody could have a baseline to work from and then adjust to their liking, I have no issues with that. We can all benefit from a tighter field 👍

Despite the good results it was a tough event. After the quali lap I thought race 1 would be sort of easy but I couldn´t shake @rcb929 off until he made a mistake himself. It was quite a lot of pressure but I learned some places where I could improve for the other races. I hadn´t touched the game for 1 week and it took a while to get consistent.

Race 2 was sort of boring, I couldn´t make progress fast enough through the pack so I ended on my own on 2nd in no one´s land. Don´t think I could have catched @Finnva anyway, he was every bit as fast in these conditions.

Race 3 saved the day. It was REALLY good. I did a great start and took the lead. Then next 10 minutes rcb was in the edge of the tow, always around 0.8 off. I got a bit distracted out of turn 3 and went wide. He took the lead... from there to the end it was FANTASTIC. :cheers: If felt good despite the disapointment of dropping the lead in the final laps like a n00b :lol:

I would be very grateful for a setup to try if only to rule it out as the problem. I've tried to tweak myself but seems no matter what I try the cars just wants to swap ends. I know what setting works for 1 driver might not suit another but it's worth a try.

judq3r1.png

All check since i may do mess up sometimes :P

I would be very grateful for a setup to try if only to rule it out as the problem. I've tried to tweak myself but seems no matter what I try the cars just wants to swap ends. I know what setting works for 1 driver might not suit another but it's worth a try.

I´ll paste what I use here next time I boot the console. 👍

BTW, where ma pole points for last couple of races? Gonna need them to catch Glen.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else driving with autoclutch off? If so, what are your thoughts, does it pay off for you? I´m thinking about stopping, you have to be mega accurate over 20 minutes and I always find myself missing a gearshift here or there costing time. II´m convinced it is just as fast in lab conditions, if you nail it you get faster upshifts but you lose a bit going down the gears... it sort of balances itself out when driving alone, but when the heart rate goes up in a fight the extra workload feels like a burden.

Last edited:
Can the usual aliens post their Imola times?

I won't be able to train much and I need a benchmark since on Saturday I'll be at...

TA-DAN!

Imola for the Minardi day :D

Can the usual aliens post their Imola times?

I won't be able to train much and I need a benchmark since on Saturday I'll be at...

TA-DAN!

Imola for the Minardi day :D

Lucky man... I will have to do all the practice on Monday afternoon again, or Sunday if it rains around here. So hoping for good weather at Imola too!

As promised:

Tyre pressures: whatever brings my tyres to around 100cº. That´s normally around 1.12 front 1.05 rear.
Brake pressure: 90%.
Brake bias: 65-35 in the garage, then I constantly change it as I drive.
Wing: Track dependent. For balance, I like a slightly higher value for the FW.
Steering ratio: 9.9:1
Camber: -1´8 front / -0.9 rear
Toe: - 0.2 front / 0.1 rear
Ride height: 32 front / 50 rear
Springs: 210 N/mm front and rear
Sway bars: 44 front / 33 rear
Bump stops: 13 mm front / 17 mm rear
Dampers:
- Front slow bump: 5250
- Rear slow bump: 4375
- Front fast bump: 1470
- Rear fast bump: 1400
- Front slow rebound: 6125
- Rear slow rebound: 5075
- Front fast rebound: 3290
- Rear fast rebound : 3205
- Gearing: adjust per track, I like shortish gearing.

I doubt this helps much unless there was something completely off with your setup, I´m not being able to adjust too much per track so there isn´t too much work behind it. Feel free to try though.

As promised:

Tyre pressures: whatever brings my tyres to around 100cº. That´s normally around 1.12 front 1.05 rear.
Brake pressure: 90%.
Brake bias: 65-35 in the garage, then I constantly change it as I drive.
Wing: Track dependent. For balance, I like a slightly higher value for the FW.
Steering ratio: 9.9:1
Camber: -1´8 front / -0.9 rear
Toe: - 0.2 front / 0.1 rear
Ride height: 32 front / 50 rear
Springs: 210 N/mm front and rear
Sway bars: 44 front / 33 rear
Bump stops: 13 mm front / 17 mm rear
Dampers:
- Front slow bump: 5250
- Rear slow bump: 4375
- Front fast bump: 1470
- Rear fast bump: 1400
- Front slow rebound: 6125
- Rear slow rebound: 5075
- Front fast rebound: 3290
- Rear fast rebound : 3205
- Gearing: adjust per track, I like shortish gearing.

I doubt this helps much unless there was something completely off with your setup, I´m not being able to adjust too much per track so there isn´t too much work behind it. Feel free to try though.
I'm sure many will appreciate this :)

What are your laptimes? I have yet to train after Yesterday at Imola (i'll post some good stuff later on today) and i have 32°c in my flat at all day so training and racing is gonna be a torture :banghead:

I'm sure many will appreciate this :)

What are your laptimes? I have yet to train after Yesterday at Imola (i'll post some good stuff later on today) and i have 32°c in my flat at all day so training and racing is gonna be a torture :banghead:

Haven't been able to do a lap yet, and it's likely I can't race. My TV is going to be raided for Spain-Italy by the family. Doesn't look good ATM.

Back