PS4 PS4: T300 GTE or T500RS

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Brit999, Nov 6, 2014.

1. JerseyDriverSS

JerseyDriverSS

I may be getting mixed up with what @mrbasher offers. It is out there though.

2. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

Use the in game calibration tool, I've never noticed any 5 mm gap and the red bar shouldn't fill immediately, it should be progressive? I think you need to learn how to calibrate the pedals and wheel properly, have a read in the forums, I just can't see how three sets can all be wrong? Go to the Advanced settings in the Contrlo tab, run the Calibration tool.

3. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

I don't have Pcars! I do all testing in GT5 for now.
    If Pcars offer pedal calibration it's fine!!
    I mean like start to fill the bar, progessively! Not fully red or gray with a tip!

4. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

It's probably the game, I set mine up in Assetto Corsa, no problems at all. It should be fine in PCars, if you know anyone that has AC then try it, I'm sure they will be ok.PCars will no doubt have calibration.

5. Brit999

Brit999

I am driving with T300 pedals on GT6 at the moment, I am not sure if it is the same with GT5 but hopefully it is and this will help. When the game first comes on the wheel calibrates. The first press on the pedals after that calibrates the pedals (I think). I had the game start and the brakes were on or off with a slight press, I restarted the game and pressed the pedals all the way down just after the main screen came up, I then had full movement of the pedals back. Whether it was me doing it, or just the restart, I don't know. But surely worth a try? I hope this makes sense.

Mr_Hansen and PRO_TOO like this.
  6. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

i will try this tonight! thank you!
    the game!? i had it working with the other pedal set. ill try @Brit999's kind advice later or change the pedal set again.

7. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

Thanks for the reply. What makes you think that? Have you used one before?

8. Termite111

Termite111

Hi mate the T100 is as good if not slightly better then the logitech Dfgt. Only issue really is its not a sole ps4 wheel as T300. What I mean is you'll always have to rely on the developer that are making the games to support the T100 which there is no guarantee unlike the T300 which is the main and only fully supported ps4 wheel.

Hope this helps

Crisis Nine likes this.
  9. Cholton82

Cholton82

I'm ordering my T300RS tonight , I live in the UK so any suggestions on the best place to order from ? Many Thanks

10. Termite111

Termite111

RS are hard to come by and are expensive.
    Go shopto get the T300 gte it's about 60-80 quid cheaper

11. Cholton82

Cholton82

Is it as good ?

12. Termite111

Termite111

Exactly the same just a different wheel layout. (which I prefer the look of) exactly the same amount of buttons and you have the share/option button all the same

Cholton82 likes this.
  13. Cholton82

Cholton82

Thanks for that I'll have a look into it , I was thinking of having the wheel wrapped in Alcantara at some point aswell

14. Crisis Nine

Crisis Nine

Cheers mate. Appreciate the detailed reply.

I got one anyway and personally I love it, the only thing that I've thought is that if I enjoy this wheel as much as I do, then the T300 and T500 must be incredible!

But yeah I do have that concern, that the devs won't always support it, but to be fair I've only really got it for Project Cars so will do me nicely.

15. JerseyDriverSS

JerseyDriverSS

Disregard my first statement. I was under the impression it wasn't ffb and bungie type.

Crisis Nine likes this.
  16. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

Amazon have them at around £251.00 delivered! The GTE is around £239.00. I have the GTE which I prefer looks wise, but horses for courses!

17. Cholton82

Cholton82

Does the GTE just have a different wheel then ?

18. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

image.jpg

19. Cholton82

Cholton82

Hmm , looks nice enough and if there are no other differences in build then I'll go for one of these

20. Roostaboosta

Roostaboosta (Banned)

And it's cheaper, just need to map the buttons if using PS4

Cholton82 likes this.
  21. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Just my opinion, but no way a 270 degree wheel could be better for a racing simulator than a 900 degree wheel, even if the guts of the 270 degree wheel are better. Of course if the DFGT isn't compatible that's a whole different kettle of birds:dopey:

22. Cholton82

Cholton82

Yes I'll be using PS4 , great stuff thanks

Instead of double posting I thought I'd just edit this post .
    So my T300 GTE turned up yesterday and I have to say I am more than impressed with it although I hasten to add that the last wheel I had you tilted forward to accelerate and backwards to brake and it had no base just a rim which sat on your legs . Wheel stand is coming around Tuesday so I'll give it a go with dare I say Drivedud as it's all I have on PS4 .

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Brit999 likes this.
  23. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

so, as a console (ps4) user, i will be able to calibrate my t300 pedal set ingame, right!? cause i need to get rid of that little bit of dead zone when pushing the pedals for the first half cm!

24. adstomko

adstomko

Just to clarify, the T300 RS is exactly the same as the GTE except for the wheel by itself? My GTE arrived recently and it looks really good, the grip on the wheel and lack of noise whilst turning the wheel is a massive bonus

25. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

yes. just button layout and look of the wheel.

26. Toonarmypad

Toonarmypad

Hey everyone, I'm about to order my GTE version but Amazon is out of stock. Does anyone have any experience with box.co.uk as they come in £10 cheaper than Amazon plus they have plenty in stock.

27. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

Half a CM is nothing i wouldnt worry about that but if you really want it gone you'l need to take the pedals aprt and fix them yourself rather than in game, Some of us had 2-3 inches of deadzone.

28. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

thank you. ill keep that in mind!

29. Cholton82

Cholton82

I got mine from shopto last wk , about £239

And I'm more than pleased so far with it !

30. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

any kind of dead zone with the pedals!? did you have calibrate the wheel manually!? did you check on the latest fw!?