PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
For anyone interested in buying the T300 RS in the UK, they've now got them back in stock at Amazon and are currently selling for £242.47 - I've just treated myself :-)

I am also debating it, just haven't got the guts to press buy yet lol

I am also debating it, just haven't got the guts to press buy yet lol
Yes, not easy cause although relatively cheap, it's still a lot of money!

For £242.47 its a very good wheel 👍
Great, I'm glad - my last wheel was a Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel (Sidewinder possibly?) back in the early 2000's. I used to play Geoff Crammond GP3 and Mobil 1 Rally Championship by Magnetic Fields - was ace! Can't wait to get back into with Project Cars.

i got a T300RS for xmas for my PS4 and it's such a good wheel. granted, i've only played Driveclub on it and have no prior experience with racing wheels, but it's seriously good and very well made. fits on my wheel stand pro like a glove.

i'd recommend a USB extension lead for it though because after i'd tidied the leads and used cable ties to stop them swinging about, there was not a lot of slack left to plug in to the PS4 which was only a couple of feet away.

i got a T300RS for xmas for my PS4 and it's such a good wheel. granted, i've only played Driveclub on it and have no prior experience with racing wheels, but it's seriously good and very well made. fits on my wheel stand pro like a glove.

i'd recommend a USB extension lead for it though because after i'd tidied the leads and used cable ties to stop them swinging about, there was not a lot of slack left to plug in to the PS4 which was only a couple of feet away.

Great cause I've ordered the wheel stand pro too!

Cheers for the recommendation about the USB extender also.

Sorry if this has been answered but does the T500RS work on the PS4 with Project Cars? I am reading conflicting reports and on the Project Cars website it has T500 listed (is that the same as the T500RS), also is it true that the menus will need to be navigated with by the DS4? Not that this is an issue. Also just my .02 cents worth but the T500RS pedals are what you are paying for, i also have added the shifter which when used in sequential setting is amazing and certainly worth the money and a big step up from my old G25 and DFGT shifters and pedals. The wheel is nothing spectacular just good quality and therefore a slightly heavier feel.

Sorry if this has been answered but does the T500RS work on the PS4 with Project Cars? I am reading conflicting reports and on the Project Cars website it has T500 listed (is that the same as the T500RS), also is it true that the menus will need to be navigated with by the DS4? Not that this is an issue. Also just my .02 cents worth but the T500RS pedals are what you are paying for, i also have added the shifter which when used in sequential setting is amazing and certainly worth the money and a big step up from my old G25 and DFGT shifters and pedals. The wheel is nothing spectacular just good quality and therefore a slightly heavier feel.
Yes. You are correct on all accounts regarding the T500.

Has reliability been an issue with the t300rs? I'm wondering if I should pay a little more and get extended warranty for 2-3 years.

Has reliability been an issue with the t300rs? I'm wondering if I should pay a little more and get extended warranty for 2-3 years.

it's a relatively new wheel so not sure how much time is enough to gauge whether there's going to be problems with it. I have had zero issues with mine since opening it on Xmas day. just buy a warranty later within the first year if you want. you've got manufacturer's for the time being.

I'm really impressed with the build though, perhaps not the pedals, but the wheel is solid.

From what I've seen from those with issues, you will know if yours has issues in relatively short order. I don't know how much extra warranties cost on these, but generally speaking, they're not worth it.

Thanks guys. Gonna not get the warranty then and put that money into the better pedals or wheel stand pro
I have a Wheelstand Pro V2 for the Logitech DFGT. I'll sell you mine for $100 if you live reasonably close...to keep shipping costs down. BUT, my suggestion is to not get one. Is it nice? Sure. Does it come very well packaged with professional looks and quality? Absolutely! Is it worth it? No, not at all. Build yourself a stand using plumbing pipe and nice heavy-duty wood slats. You will save a ton of money and have, more or less, the exact same thing.

Except for mobility. I ve got myself a wheelstand pro cause I need to transport my wheel easily between the office, where my PC is (pcars, AC, Wreckfest) to my living room, where the PS4 is (DC, The Crew, pcars soon) and also need to store it away when I m done racing. Plus I frequently go to a mate with my wheel to do some pcars racing there.

Oh good, i didn't realize you could use an extension lead, as i think i may be a bit tight on the cable length for my Ps4

Thanks

Oh good, i didn't realize you could use an extension lead, as i think i may be a bit tight on the cable length for my Ps4

Thanks

there's really plenty of cable if you just want to run them directly out the back of the wheel and into the PS4, but I need to keep my cables tidy (mild OCD lol). I ran them down the upright pole and under the pedal board and secured them with cable ties so they're not visible. didn't leave much to play with though.

there's really plenty of cable if you just want to run them directly out the back of the wheel and into the PS4, but I need to keep my cables tidy (mild OCD lol). I ran them down the upright pole and under the pedal board and secured them with cable ties so they're not visible. didn't leave much to play with though.

Hehe, same here, last Stand i had ,I too had to run them down the pole, and like you under the pedal board, just to hide them, but i think i shall invest in a usb extension.

Thanks once again.

Has there been any word on consoles being able to map buttons on wheels? Especially for the Ferrari GTE and F1 add on rims. It is probably unknown if all those buttons on the F1 rim even work for the consoles.

If i'm strictly using the t300rs wheel for ps4, will I be able to get firmware updates through the console or would I have to connect it to a PC? Would this even have any benefit?

thanks

If i'm strictly using the t300rs wheel for ps4, will I be able to get firmware updates through the console or would I have to connect it to a PC? Would this even have any benefit?

thanks
you have to connect to PC for the updates. I read there was a recent one that shuts off the fan more quickly when the wheel is idle but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

the updates probably don't benefit console play much, I'd think.

The latest update does indeed shut off the fan quicker which will happen on PS3/4 as well as PC.

I've had the wheel approximately 6 months. Also the TH8A shifter and upgraded the pedals to the T3PA with clutch and brake mod included.

To the T500 user I think you only have to use the DS4 for the PS4 menus, not the PCars menus. The exception is the share button functionality.

For somebody that has never owned a wheel before, would the stock pedals be satisfactory?

I understand that there's no clutch pedal and that the T3PA pedals are better for experienced sim racers, but as somebody that would be transitioning from a pad for the first time, would the T300RS pedals be sufficient?

Could someone provide a photo as to how it attaches itself to a desk/surface?

Could someone provide a photo as to how it attaches itself to a desk/surface?

Dude... googling "T300 RS desk" brought up this: http://me.ign.com/en/thrustmaster-t...view/thrustmaster-t300-rs-racing-wheel-review Use your google-fu! ;)

@PJTierney : Though I havent used the pedals with my T300 yet, I can speak from experience as a former DFGT owner, since the pedals are about equal in feel and quality. Yes, the pedals are a step up from a pad. And I assume there will be brake mods available soon, like for almost every other halfway decent wheel.

For somebody that has never owned a wheel before, would the stock pedals be satisfactory?

I understand that there's no clutch pedal and that the T3PA pedals are better for experienced sim racers, but as somebody that would be transitioning from a pad for the first time, would the T300RS pedals be sufficient?

I had a problem getting used to the T300 pedals (in Driveclub), but it only took a little while and now I love the feel of the pedals. I would miss not having the pedals now. I went back to GT6 for a while and it was great!

I would like a clutch though and that might mean more expense when I can afford it :)

I think the T300 pedals are fine, i have a DFGT and G27 and i would say the T300 pedals come second to the G27 but better than the DFGT. T300 wheel and T500 pedals is the best combo, but am more than happy with the T300s for now.

Got a t300rs last October that works brilliantly on ps3, but disconnects briefly and as you play for longer gets worse. However I seem to be the only having these problems and it is a great wheel.

Latest Posts

Back