PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
I personally found the T300 wheel very good for my hands compared to a G27. Feels like I could drive forever with one while G27 playing for a hour or two is worse for my hands it seems than entire time I used the T300 wheel. I don't use gloves.

The thing i noticed when hot lapping hard, is the right paddle gets your tips of you fingers after a bit, after about a hour or so. Its nothing really tho.

Leave any wheel at its maximum range (900/1080). PCars will take care of it and will set wheel range and steering lock as required by the car you are driving. A street car will have a range of 900 or 1080 while in the Formula Cars the range will automatically be around 270 or 300.
really!? thats great to hear. cause some user reported that in driveclub the settings would be reset from time to time!
nice to see that Pcars is handling that flawless!

really!? thats great to hear. cause some user reported that in driveclub the settings would be reset from time to time!
nice to see that Pcars is handling that flawless!

Yes on DC you have to set the wheel at the start of every event, needs in game settings. Even if paused you have to reset. It sucks!

Yes on DC you have to set the wheel at the start of every event, needs in game settings. Even if paused you have to reset. It sucks!

I never noticed this? Sure I've only fired up DC with the wheel once... but it was fine every time. I put it/left it on 900.

The only problems I have with the T300 is the paddle shifters make too much noise and so does the fan. Also starting up the wheel, it is brutal and also makes too much noise. The pedals come with it, don't work well with carpet as standard and had deadzone but can be fixed. The T500RS pedals are quieter than G27 but have a small deadzone which is annoying compared to G27.

I never noticed this? Sure I've only fired up DC with the wheel once... but it was fine every time. I put it/left it on 900.

Stock is 900 on DC i think, unless you change the settings on the wheel you wouldn't know. 3 flash for 540, 2 flash for 360.

The only problems I have with the T300 is the paddle shifters make too much noise and so does the fan. Also starting up the wheel, it is brutal and also makes too much noise. The pedals come with it, don't work well with carpet as standard and had deadzone but can be fixed. The T500RS pedals are quieter than G27 but have a small deadzone which is annoying compared to G27.

Noise? Have you ever heard a G25 or DFGT calibrating? I can't hear the fans while playing because...Sound :D:D:D

So can anyone tell me if there is in game wheels settings for rotation? also is there steering lock settings in car tuning?

The T300 is a silent mouse compared to the DFGT jet engine.

The T300 does calibrate harshly though, I keep thinking it's going to knock itself sideways. After that though, the silence is golden. Can only hear the game.
I have to remind myself to keep my head away from the wheel after I've just plugged it in in case it rips my face off! its start-up is certainly brutal.

no complaints about fan noise here, especially during a race. the PS4's fan can be more annoyingly loud at the best of times anyway.

I also may get gloves, my left thumb is often sore after a good session, the rubber finish is a bit abrasive.

Noise? Have you ever heard a G25 or DFGT calibrating? I can't hear the fans while playing because...Sound :D:D:D
I have a DFGT and it is quite loud hence why I upgraded to the G27. I hoped the T300 would be even quieter but the G27 is much quieter than the T300 in terms of using paddle shifters, calibrating and also there is loud fan noise. I hope my replacement wheel fan noise is much quieter, I could hear the first one I've got outside my room. It is a shame as the wheel can be really quiet if not using paddle shifters and initial few minutes before fan ramps up. All that effort in making it super silent goes to waste in my opinion, just hope they improved this issue. Also hope they make it quieter when calibrating through a firmware update, I don't know why they need to make it start up like that.

My T300 is silent. No fan noise at all. Paddles have a loudish click but I like that.
Hoping that will be the case with my replacement wheel 👍, maybe reason why it broke so quickly.

Do people have really strong grip on wheel? I have a light grip so don't have soreness using T300 wheel.

I have my order placed with amazon for the T300 GTE and will have to wait another two weeks or so until it arrives. I got a very good price for it at £239. So I have been looking at the T500 RS in the meantime and am now undecided again. The problem is I am not sure of a few things.

As I want to use the wheel with Project Cars when it is released:

Is there a huge difference between the two considering the price difference of £130?

Does the T500 come with a shifter as standard, as the pictures show pedals with a clutch, but not of the shifter?

Will all the buttons be mappable for each wheel?

Will a T300 be expandable to take the 3 pedal and shifter?

Will I be able to use a keyboard alongside the wheel, as I have seen in some of the videos on this forum. If I have a keyboard setup to my PS4, would I be able to use it to a) enter text messages to other users in the lobby and/or b) use it to select other options that the wheel does not have enough buttons for?

Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Edit: Clarity.
Im going with the Thrustmaster T100,great price and gets the job done..

Im going with the Thrustmaster T100,great price and gets the job done..
Can't really go wrong with that, especially for the money. It's certainly a good stop gap whilst saving up for the T300, if you are inclined to do so.

Only thing is it's not an official PS4 wheel, so it won't work in the menus.

Can't really go wrong with that, especially for the money. It's certainly a good stop gap whilst saving up for the T300, if you are inclined to do so.

Only thing is it's not an official PS4 wheel, so it won't work in the menus.
Yeah,buts thats not really a big deal,u can use the ds4 for that

My second t300 arrived today. The first one had a problem with the right shifting paddle. It clicked way to late compared to the right one. The new one is better but still clicks a little "later" then the right one.
I think I might order a replacement the third time. For 300 bucks I want a more perfect product.

Thats cool with me,ive also heard the qheel works with driveclub
I would expect it to work with any PS4 racer to be honest. 👍
I know a few people that are going to be getting one because they can't yet afford the T300. It's the only budget wheel available really, unless you waste your money on the bungie T80...

My second t300 arrived today. The first one had a problem with the right shifting paddle. It clicked way to late compared to the right one. The new one is better but still clicks a little "later" then the right one.
I think I might order a replacement the third time. For 300 bucks I want a more perfect product.

Care to explain a little more? When you say it's clicking too late, do you mean in game?

I would expect it to work with any PS4 racer to be honest. 👍
I know a few people that are going to be getting one because they can't yet afford the T300. It's the only budget wheel available really, unless you waste your money on the bungie T80...

Care to explain a little more? When you say it's clicking too late, do you mean in game?
I'll try but as you know, my English isnt perfect.

I did not try it ingame. Both paddle have a "way of movement" of about 1 cm. Just when i hold the wheel in my hands and use my fingers to pull the paddle towards me, the left paddle clicks at about 0,3 cm and then I can pull it a little further. The right one does this too but at about 0,5cm. just a tad later. It's not in sync you can say. It's not balanced the same.
The first wheel was even worse and clicked just at the end when I pulled the paddle till you can't pull it any further.
The second wheel is better but not perfect. Do You get what I mean?!

I'll try but as you know, my English isnt perfect.

I did not try it ingame. Both paddle have a "way of movement" of about 1 cm. Just when i hold the wheel in my hands and use my fingers to pull the paddle towards me, the left paddle clicks at about 0,3 cm and then I can pull it a little further. The right one does this too but at about 0,5cm. just a tad later. It's not in sync you can say. It's not balanced the same.
The first wheel was even worse and clicked just at the end when I pulled the paddle till you can't pull it any further.
The second wheel is better but not perfect. Do You get what I mean?!

Yeah, I understand.

Once it clicks, you shouldn't be able to then pull it any further. It may have a little bit of give after the click, but the base of the paddle shouldn't really move any further than the click point.

An odd issue. Has anyone else got the same thing with their T300s?

Yeah, I understand.

Once it clicks, you shouldn't be able to then pull it any further. It may have a little bit of give after the click, but the base of the paddle shouldn't really move any further than the click point.

An odd issue. Has anyone else got the same thing with their T300s?
Oh I don't see it that way. If I did, there should not be so much way to move it at all. Don't think they're is a version of the wheel were there is no give at all. It's ok for me. Left paddle is fine for me. I just want it to be even.
You don't pull the paddle any further when it clicks (at least I dont). i let go of it so i don't mind if it's possible.

Btw: it's frustrating when you want to describe such tech stuff when you can't find the right words to go into detail. :D

Back