PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
I've had no problems with the pedals other than having to unscrew them and adjust them out a bit - I find them a tad narrow for my wide feet.

Driveclub gives no options for sensitivity or dead zones etc for the wheel or pedals, something I'm sure pCARS will have, so we can set the wheel up just right.

I think the T300 pedals are fine, i have a DFGT and G27 and i would say the T300 pedals come second to the G27 but better than the DFGT. T300 wheel and T500 pedals is the best combo, but am more than happy with the T300s for now.
Are the T500 pedals better than the T3PA ones?

From a construction standpoint the t500 pedals are better. I believe as far as internal mechanism they are very similar. Now take this with a grain of salt because I don't own either set but have had a lot of time on my friends t500 pedal set. The t3pa pedals I have done a lot of research on. I'm thinking of getting a set myself unless my friend will sell his to me. Been bugging him for months now. He's got a set of fanatec v2 pedals. Those are some sweet pedals man. If you can get your hands on t500 pedals grab them up. That's my 2 cents.;)
Also you can flip the t500 pedals and the t3pa cant.

I would say so, look so more rugged too.

My T300 stock pedals, i have mounted them solid and made a little brake mod and i find they work great.
it just looks a little odd at first just having two pedals, but i think i will make and mount a foot rest on the other side to balance it out, like this.
obpa042.jpg

I would say so, look so more rugged too.

My T300 stock pedals, i have mounted them solid and made a little brake mod and i find they work great.
it just looks a little odd at first just having two pedals, but i think i will make and mount a foot rest on the other side to balance it out, like this.
obpa042.jpg
What was your brake mod?

Hey mate T300 is very good, nice and smooth. Only used it on DC up to now tho, but all's good no problems.
It's very good on GT6 as well.

Of course you've got to cope with the GT6 FFB... which I'm getting along with on road cars like the Honda NSX for example. Race cars, are hopeless... but that's got nothing to do with the wheel, just how the game delivers the FFB.

It's very good on GT6 as well.

Of course you've got to cope with the GT6 FFB... which I'm getting along with on road cars like the Honda NSX for example. Race cars, are hopeless... but that's got nothing to do with the wheel, just how the game delivers the FFB.

Yeh i was gona set-up my PS3 and try GT6 with my T300, but then i got high :lol:

No GT just bores the s@@t outa me

Yeh i was gona set-up my PS3 and try GT6 with my T300, but then i got high :lol:

It's probably worth half hour of your time once you're back down to earth :D at least just to see if you like what the T300 brings to the game. It does help the experience, a bit.

Same here though. GT can be set alight then rolled off a cliff for all I care.

It's probably worth half hour of your time once you're back down to earth :D at least just to see if you like what the T300 brings to the game. It does help the experience, a bit.

Same here though. GT can be set alight then rolled off a cliff for all I care.

The only thing that give me a rush on GT was flying round nord in race cars, some very quick nord runners online on GT.

i've only used my T300 for Driveclub too, having been an xbox owner until now. it's such good fun with a wheel. it's solid, well made, FFB is decent (obviously limited by the game) and i don't even dislike the pedals, which are said to be the weakest part of the set. highly recommended.

from what i've read, the actual wheel itself is in some ways better than the T500 (for FFB and fan volume levels), and having the flappy paddles move with the wheel rather than static on the T500 is a big win IMO. obviously the 3 pedals on the T500 are a better set-up though. got it on a wheel stand pro which is great if you're on a budget/have no desk etc.

now let's hope the next 4 weeks fly by so i can unleash its full potential on pCARS!

you should hook it up m8 .would like to know ur feedback on it in gt6 .gt6 is quite boring most part .try a gt5oo full tilt m8 no abs really does become a different game . im hoping pcars is like that times 10

I'd assume he just goes into the room his rig is set up in and it's right there:sly:

very funny

i've only used my T300 for Driveclub too, having been an xbox owner until now. it's such good fun with a wheel. it's solid, well made, FFB is decent (obviously limited by the game) and i don't even dislike the pedals, which are said to be the weakest part of the set. highly recommended.

from what i've read, the actual wheel itself is in some ways better than the T500 (for FFB and fan volume levels), and having the flappy paddles move with the wheel rather than static on the T500 is a big win IMO. obviously the 3 pedals on the T500 are a better set-up though. got it on a wheel stand pro which is great if you're on a budget/have no desk etc.

now let's hope the next 4 weeks fly by so i can unleash its full potential on pCARS!

Same i have no problem with the pedals at all, i like them, T500 ones would be nice tho.

The new rig i made is all finished and ready for pCARS now :)
B_GU-lPWoAEC7vD.jpg

B_GU_TgXIAISy8_.jpg

Same i have no problem with the pedals at all, i like them, T500 ones would be nice tho.

The new rig i made is all finished and ready for pCARS now :)

Cool setup, I dig the kill switch - does it actually do anything? Like maybe cut the power to the wheel and monitor? :P

The pedals are fine if you can bolt them down to something... which is a pain. As the DFGT pedals had a carpet gripper that was perfect. Without it, the pedals just move around which of course is impossible to use.

I've got a solution of sorts for my desk setup, but it's not perfect. I really should put something more permanent together, but I don't have the space to keep the wheel and setup out 24/7.

Thats all i did on GT6 mate, race GT500 round Nurb 24h, i get more of a rush from DC than GT.

Try this:
Lotus Sprit Sport 350 stock with 500pp
Comfort softs
NO AIDS no ABS no nothing

Online room with tire wear

Rush guaranteed....

I just cut some of the foam from my kneeling pad, trimmed it up and slid it at the back of the pedal.
it feels pretty good to be honest.
my T300 will be moded like this:

its cheap and easy to install. i will give information how it works at the end of next week.

btw: im going with the T300 cause i dont have the skills for shifting or clutch drinving! :P
maybe later ill buy the t3pa pedals... depends on how much better i get over time.

Last edited:

its cheap and easy to install. i will give information how it works at the end of next week.

btw: im going with the T300 cause i dont have the skills for shifting or clutch drinving! :P
maybe later ill buy the t3pa pedals... depends on how much better i get over time.

Yes i did see this in the other thread, i think i may try this too once pCARS is out, and i can do some proper testing without ABS. Be good to see how you get on with it 👍

Thanks for posting. I'm planing on getting the T300 once PCARS comes out, but was really worried about the brake pedal feel. Plus, the T3PA seems to be sold out everywhere. Not that I'm too keen on paying for a wheel+pedal set, just to throw the pedals in the corner the minute they arrive, and buy different ones instead. TM should really sell all components separately, and let the customers decide what they want.
Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks for posting. I'm planing on getting the T300 once PCARS comes out, but was really worried about the brake pedal feel. Plus, the T3PA seems to be sold out everywhere. Not that I'm too keen on paying for a wheel+pedal set, just to throw the pedals in the corner the minute they arrive, and buy different ones instead. TM should really sell all components separately, and let the customers decide what they want.
Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.
Agree. Sold separately would be the best way, for us users and for thrustmasters bankroll.
In Germany there out of stock too. The shifter is available though.
As i said, I'm not good enough with racing to use them anyway.
I'm still waiting for my rubber caps to arrive from hongkong via Amazon. The other part was already delivered. I will have a few test laps in gt5 on PS3 (both giving to me by a friend for like 2 weeks) with the basic t300 setup and then install the mod. Gosh I'm so looking forward to race again. It's been too long.

:lol: Wait, what? You couldn't get that stuff at obi, hornbach or wherever?
Your CO2 footprint must be through the roof this month. ;)
:) I went there. But I couldn't get stuff similar to the ones mentioned in that video. And lowes is net over here as you know.

Latest Posts

Back