PURE | Chevy Camaro Cup | Series Champion: Dr_Watson

• Thread starter MĂĽle
  • 622 comments

What track for round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GR đź‘Ť

Had and decent sector 1 and 2 on my 10th lap (after messing about for 2 laps with a drive-through pit lane >:E) then got a perfect exit on the 3rd hairpin to pop my pb in quali. Parked it for the last 4 min and ran a mistake-free 60 laps to grab the top step. Couldn't be happier. :D đź‘Ť
Again, great job, Tim! It's great seeing you in the top spot for once. :dopey:

As for me, when I DC'ed right before the race, I should've taken that as a sign. Tsukuba is a weak track for me, and worse, my setup had excessive understeer. Didn't have time to change it, and it bit me big. I was struggling big time for the first ten laps, but I had Tim in my sights, while Travis was close behind. The pit sequence, yikes, going in a lap later increased the gap from ~2.5 seconds to over 6.

Wasn't making headway closing it, so I decided to not use my head and try being aggressive exiting the last hairpin at ~Lap 30. Had two wheels on grass, but I was okay, so I just had to merge back. Nope. Left rear suddenly loses traction and I all but crash it heading to the right, losing 2nd, 3rd, and getting damage. Now to compound my brain fart, I thought we had heavy damage, so I went to the pits, thinking I'll just stay out for the remainder of the race. The game decided I needed some lemons in my wound, and even though I came onto pit road at a slow speed, that it should stop me, make me go back in again, and gives me a drive-through. In all, lost 30 seconds of track time. :ouch:

I salvaged what I could, but all I could get was 5th. It was nice battling with my old teammate again, but my car, even with less gas, drove like a truck and it finally fell off a cliff with about 5 to go.

Still had fun trying to catch up. Now I just to learn how to drive a really loose car again. Lousy piggish GTA cars have ruined me. :lol:

Sorry I couldn't make it, sounds like a good race, and congrats Tim!đź‘Ť

Look forward to next week. :) Deep Forest.

Sorry I couldn't make it, sounds like a good race, and congrats Tim!đź‘Ť

Look forward to next week. :) Deep Forest.

Should be a good one, me and the forest go way back... I'll make sure I bring my 'A' game for you. :sly: đź‘Ť

Sorry I couldn't attend the last race since I was sorting something out with my steering wheel controller. Hopefully I should be able to attend the next couple of races.

Dr_Watson
Should be a good one, me and the forest go way back... I'll make sure I bring my 'A' game for you. :sly: đź‘Ť

Congrats yesterday.

Assume the concrete is of limits on the Forrest.

Congrats yesterday.

Assume the concrete is of limits on the Forrest.

Thanks, felt good. Especially after my mishap in Monterrey last week. Back in the points hunt. :D

And yeah, I would expect the concrete before the first tunnel to be off limits.

I'm more curious if we're using the lines going up the hill on the back stretch. I can't be the only one that likes to setup the fast left out of the last tunnel by getting right up against the wall.

Dr_Watson
Thanks, felt good. Especially after my mishap in Monterrey last week. Back in the points hunt. :D

And yeah, I would expect the concrete before the first tunnel to be off limits.

I'm more curious if we're using the lines going up the hill on the back stretch. I can't be the only one that likes to setup the fast left out of the last tunnel by getting right up against the wall.

Agree in the concrete. As for the other part, u need to practice. LoL

. I can't be the only one that likes to setup the fast left out of the last tunnel by getting right up against the wall.

Don't we all :sly:

And hitting the last turn so the cars left side wheels catch the edge of the rumble strip keeping it off the grass and storming up to the line.

I going to figure that the latter will be not allowed :(

From the OP...
-*NEW* Track boundaries have been altered slightly. You must keep at least 2 wheels on black tarmac at all times (Any exceptions will be pointed out in the race information before each race).
That would mean no concrete.
In the tunnel it is not asphalt against the wall, though I hope we aren't going to worry about that, it's much more of an "ease" issue than it is a "time" issue there.

By the way, I'll be starting Deep Forest with this tune again. Ride height @ 0/9, Rear toe @ -0.05 though.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7333364#post7333364

Last edited:
Don't we all :sly:

And hitting the last turn so the cars left side wheels catch the edge of the rumble strip keeping it off the grass and storming up to the line.

I going to figure that the latter will be not allowed :(

Yeah, that would add a new level of challenge to the old girl if we're staying inside the line on the front straight. Hehe... reminds me of the last time we raced on DF where I was keeping it tidy and you were using all the lawn at the exit to hang onto the bumper and then we ended up in a twisted pile of metal two corners later. :lol:

Concrete is bad. Pretend that the line in the front straight doesn't exist.

I realize the setting is mostly a matter of personal preference. I forget what it was set at by default, but during GTA I set the FFB for my DFGT to 3 and have left it there since. Trying it out at 7 to see how it feels. I am wondering where all of you have yours set at and reasons for it?

And to return to an earlier discussion, I checked the Race Quality setting in "My Lounge" and Open Lobby Create New and the former recommends Standard, while the latter recommends High. Is there any real difference other than increased bandwidth needs? I'm guessing Very High would only be used under LAN connections.

Practice room up;

1472-6118-4216-8216-9464

closed

Don't know what is up with the tire selection deal. Seems like every time I jump into a room with this car it's on SHs. Ran a bunch of laps with them on it, unknowingly, and managed a 1:19.xxx, and that was after messing around with the front and rear toe trying to tune the push out of it. Tires hit the cliff so I pitted for practice and the pit strat screen came up on SH and I'm all, what, the, 🤬?! :crazy: :dopey:. Slapped RHs on it, let it fill back up with gas and ran some more and got my PB down to 1:14.887 in fairly short order. Historically, this means the rest of you gents oughta' be hittin' 11s or thereabouts.

Last edited:
I realize the setting is mostly a matter of personal preference. I forget what it was set at by default, but during GTA I set the FFB for my DFGT to 3 and have left it there since. Trying it out at 7 to see how it feels. I am wondering where all of you have yours set at and reasons for it?

I like the tighter feeling of the higher settings. Hell even FFB on 10 isn't enough, but if you do longer races with it that high it can get tiring quick.

I like the tighter feeling of the higher settings. Hell even FFB on 10 isn't enough, but if you do longer races with it that high it can get tiring quick.

Thinking I like FFB @7 better, at least with this car. Any effect on wear and tear?

To chip in I allways have used 10 FFB on my DFGT and long races are fine :P. (As RT says 10 isn't enough I want more :lol:)

Just did some car setting up. After testing I finished with a PB of 1:10.950
RH -4 / -4
SP 14.0 / 13.3
DE 7 / 6
DC 5 / 7
ARB 1 / 1

C 1.8 / 0.0
T -0.10 / -0.07

LSD 5/13/5

You guys should try racing unplugged, it gives a whole new meaning to "smooth". :D

CSLACR
You guys should try racing unplugged, it gives a whole new meaning to "smooth". :D

Unplugged from what? :confused: FFB = 1 or 0? Might as well play with a ds3. Can't keep up with you guys with a wheel. Me using a controller would be more than disastrous. :lol:

Last edited:
carracerptp
I think he means pulling the wheels power corded out. Giving you no FFB. I did that once by accident, didn't like it.

Or listening to acoustic music when racing.
Lol

I used to have the music turned up during races. Found it more helpful to be able to hear the motor and wheel squeal.

I really don't want to even imagine driving without some FFB. Might try it just for chuckles.

Just did some car setting up. After testing I finished with a PB of 1:10.950

How depressing :(. I was close with my guess however.

Practice open;

1472-6118-4259-7714-0748

Got a little better. 13.140. Strangely the car seems drivable even after the right front is down to about 5%. That last left is crucial to setting up the next lap.

Last edited:
I'm gonna need some help on Deep Forrest. Having trouble in a few spots. Feel like there some time hiding in them.

At 12.5's now

Hopefully catch one of you fast guys online this week. ;)

Last edited:
I got a little bit race engineer nerdy today.

1. Ran the replay through the HDPVR taking a screen shot of the timing at the end of each lead lap.
2. Batch processed those 60 pix in photoshop to hack out the name and lap time columns and process the image to black on white high-contrast text.
3. Ran them through an OCR to pull out the text (little clean up here and there but it did a good job)
4. wrote a quick php script to match up all the lap times sequentially
5. dumped the resulting csv in excel and dorked out

(here's the data if you'd like to play)

Race in a nutshell
race2_nutshell.jpg

Podium Finishers
race2_podium.jpg

Pit and Lap stats
race2_pits.jpg

-----

Pretty robotic yourself there Travis. Total time without the pits is within a tenth and I had to go out to 4 decimal places to separate our average pace. You also had the "best worst lap" as well as the "best best lap" ;)

GR. đź‘Ť

I got a little bit race engineer nerdy today.

1. Ran the replay through the HDPVR taking a screen shot of the timing at the end of each lead lap.
2. Batch processed those 60 pix in photoshop to hack out the name and lap time columns and process the image to black on white high-contrast text.
3. Ran them through an OCR to pull out the text (little clean up here and there but it did a good job)
4. wrote a quick php script to match up all the lap times sequentially
5. dumped the resulting csv in excel and dorked out
You should add:

* Not included - outlaw4rc's stop-and-go penalty because Tsukuba hates him

May get some track time tomorrow.

You should add:

* Not included - outlaw4rc's stop-and-go penalty because Tsukuba hates him

May get some track time tomorrow.
No, that was for either crossing a line or speeding. Always is. :P

That was really well done đź‘Ť Really can't believe that average lap time.

I'm curious what OCR you used, have never had much luck finding a good one.

Adobe Acrobat... it's "recognize text" OCR works surprisingly well.

p.s. Looks like I would have had the "best worst lap" had I not smashed into dragon on the lap 57. So I did give you one mistake. :P

Last edited:
p.s. Looks like I would have had the "best worst lap" had I not smashed into dragon on the lap 57. So I did give you one mistake. :P

Sorry about that. Was trying to give you the outside/inside line there. Guess I shoulda just hung out on the outside all the way in and around. Unfortunately with that, I didn't meet the last of my race goals. :(

practice room up;

1472-6118-4130-9224-4973​
Room in Owensracing's hands

From the OP...

By the way, I'll be starting Deep Forest with this tune again. Ride height @ 0/9, Rear toe @ -0.05 though.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7333364#post7333364

With your skill, you'll probably be able to get your car to rotate well but I'm not there yet. It seems to turn better for me with the rear toe set to -0.20. Got my PB down in the mid 12s now with carracer's help đź‘Ť Thanks, by the way. It was really good having someone show me how to do it better. Now that I have a better idea of where to put my car on the track, I just have to start doing it.

Last edited:
Glad to help.
I got my PB down a little more with a 10.8XX. I did some tire wear testing and I was able to hot lap for 6 laps, mid to upper 11s up to lap 11 ish, and keeping going for about 14 laps with "OK" pace, I figure a 1 stop race would only be doable if Jason shows up :lol:

EDIT: BTW, what times are the rest of you running?

Let you know in a few days. Bad luck for me to touch the car before Saturday.

btw, mule... you planning on putting up the results soon? :P

Last edited:
Back