PURE | Chevy Camaro Cup | Series Champion: Dr_Watson

• Thread starter Müle
  • 622 comments

What track for round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do think it helps if we start right as we cross the "Start/Finish" line. I wasn't sure about the actual location of the start line.

I do agree with you there... not a fan of "start areas" vs a delineated line of go-go-go. Also while "following too closely" isn't a big problem as long as no bumping happens... you don't need to be eating the bumper of the car in front. Maintaining a gap generally helps everyone stay at a constant pace rather than see-saw speeds which get amplified toward the back as everyone's trying to pace off the car in front of them.

After watching that video, I would like to ask one question.

If there's no overlap allowed between cars on the formation lap, why not just start single file?

After watching that video, I would like to ask one question.

If there's no overlap allowed between cars on the formation lap, why not just start single file?

You can overlap up to the rear axle.

The double-file makes it safer to compress the field so everyone is on the straight before the race starts. Single-file you've got gaps between the cars which extends the length of the filed, but with the double-file the safety gaps are nullified by having a second row so the field is only as long as a "bumper-to-bumper" single-file (which would be fraught with peril).

So basically it's a safety measure, you can "virtually" ride the bumper of the car in-front since they're not physically located in front of you.

Right, people need to stop thinking of the start as a passing opportunity, because it's absolutely the worst time to try overtaking.
The goal of every driver, for the sake of their own finishing position and enjoyment, should be to get in-line single file through turn 1 and not have an incident.

Mule - You forgot riding the car in front's ass. I guess it's covered by the overlap rule, but when the white car is banging against the gold car they're clearly, not even a little bit, within the range they should be. Edit: Carracer? Come on! :lol:

Everybody wants to be close at the start, either to "get the jump" (Which is not allowed anyway :rolleyes: ) or to "make sure they don't get passed before turn 1".
Both are caused by trying to pass when you should be trying to start a 42 lap race.

Lastly, I apologize for not re-starting. I was watching Litchi when I should have been checking to see everyone else didn't get jumbled by it.(It usually happens on jump starts)
So hopefully we'll learn from this and have a nice clean solid start on Sunday though.👍

I have a room up,(opening following this typing) I don't know the number and the PS3 is upstairs, follow me in or search the track with SRF off and refresh till you see "Camaro SS RM ONLY".

There's a small chance I might not make it on Sunday. Have to go to a funeral. I should be able to make it, but if not, I'm sure someone else I'm sure can host.

MÜLE_9242;7372965
There's a small chance I might not make it on Sunday. Have to go to a funeral. I should be able to make it, but if not, I'm sure someone else I'm sure can host.

Yeah, I can run the show and record the results if need be.

Mule - You forgot riding the car in front's ass. I guess it's covered by the overlap rule, but when the white car is banging against the gold car they're clearly, not even a little bit, within the range they should be. Edit: Carracer? Come on! :lol:

That was just for fun. I backed off later.

I didn't really have at it for a hot lap last night, but mainly tire wear stuff. PB is 53.4 atm, but I admit I'm not sure where I'd gain much more time than that, at least without destroying the tires.
22 laps is easy, 33 is possible, but it will be close whether or not a 1 stopper is quicker, since it's a very quick pit stop here. (unless you eff up)

Sounds obvious, but....
I highly recommend everyone figure out how to enter pit lane without a penalty before the race.
Brake before you hit pit lane, and don't go crossing lines like you're playing a video game. That's pretty much it. There is a maximum entry speed on every track, what it is exactly on this track I do not know yet.

Yeah, entry speed at Tsukuba is pretty low. If you're going over it the b-spec driver will run wide and miss the pit entrance completely.

Practice room open;

1472-6399-8451-1928-0817

So close to a 53

new room open

1472-6118-3658-4759-0796

D/Ced from lobby server.

Last edited:
Fairly sure my room quality is set to high. But I'll check it next time I make a room so I'm better than fairly.

If you were asking me.

MÜLE_9242;7378243
If you're asking me, I think High, but I'm not 100% sure.
Actually no, but I have noticed where before my GT5 suggested "standard" all the time, it does now suggest "high" for me as well.

Fairly sure my room quality is set to high. But I'll check it next time I make a room so I'm better than fairly.

If you were asking me.
I ask because it seems like you're having troubles staying in your own room. Try downgrading the room to "standard" and see if you don't have better success. Also try resetting the modem and clearing the cache in the GT5 "options" menu before opening your rooms.
No offense if you know this already, just trying to help, it seems like you're getting dc'd from your own rooms, which as I know from the past, really is annoying.

Also, not sure if I can make the race tonight or not guys :( I probably have family coming over for grilling which will pretty much take my whole night. Fun stuff, I'd just rather do it when there is no race.:lol:
We'll see though.

CSLACR
Also, not sure if I can make the race tonight or not guys :( I probably have family coming over for grilling which will pretty much take my whole night. Fun stuff, I'd just rather do it when there is no race.:lol:
We'll see though.

Hope you make it. If not time with family is a good trade though. ;)

I ask because it seems like you're having troubles staying in your own room. Try downgrading the room to "standard" and see if you don't have better success. Also try resetting the modem and clearing the cache in the GT5 "options" menu before opening your rooms.
No offense if you know this already, just trying to help, it seems like you're getting dc'd from your own rooms, which as I know from the past, really is annoying.

Thanks. It doesn't happen every time I create a room. It did happen during one race during that 4 race event RT hosted a couple weeks ago. It seems to occur randomly and I haven't cleared my cache since the Camaro race at Laguna last week. Will clear it first thing today prior to the race. I've done the router/modem reset thing several times prior to getting my new router but have had to do that less since. Should the PS be rebooted after a system cache clear?

Thanks. It doesn't happen every time I create a room. It did happen during one race during that 4 race event RT hosted a couple weeks ago. It seems to occur randomly and I haven't cleared my cache since the Camaro race at Laguna last week. Will clear it first thing today prior to the race. I've done the router/modem reset thing several times prior to getting my new router but have had to do that less since. Should the PS be rebooted after a system cache clear?

There's no real definitive proof that any single bit is the key, generally it's just best to do all of the above if you're having any issues at all. None of them will hurt, but not doing one could.

So about 30-60 minutes before the race, or whenever you're joining the race room, clear the cache, reset the modem, restart the PS3, and then clear the cache again, in that order.
That way you've covered all your bases and are less to likely to have an "engine failure." ;)

The only times I've disconnected since going hardwired, I was in my own room, with nobody else in the room. Very weird.

There's no real definitive proof that any single bit is the key, generally it's just best to do all of the above if you're having any issues at all. None of them will hurt, but not doing one could.

So about 30-60 minutes before the race, or whenever you're joining the race room, clear the cache, reset the modem, restart the PS3, and then clear the cache again, in that order.
That way you've covered all your bases and are less to likely to have an "engine failure." ;)

Roger that. Will try to remember this should I ever become a "contender" for racing glory. Right now, me having an "engine failure" is probably a blessing for the all the front runners not having to deal with passing me later in the race. My only regrets for being d/ced during a race would be missing out on the "seat time" and the replay footage. Can't really get any better without either of those two things.

GR 👍

Had and decent sector 1 and 2 on my 10th lap (after messing about for 2 laps with a drive-through pit lane >:E) then got a perfect exit on the 3rd hairpin to pop my pb in quali. Parked it for the last 4 min and ran a mistake-free 60 laps to grab the top step. Couldn't be happier. :D 👍

good race sorry about being late . I really wish i could have qualified starting last i had nothing for the guys up front, really would have helped if i completely tuned the car i forgot a couple of things but it still drove ok not great but good enough to drive half way through the field. I felt if I started in the top five i could have raced for a victory but good race overall.

GR 👍

Had and decent sector 1 and 2 on my 10th lap (after messing about for 2 laps with a drive-through pit lane >:E) then got a perfect exit on the 3rd hairpin to pop my pb in quali. Parked it for the last 4 min and ran a
mistake-free 60 laps to grab the top step. Couldn't be happier. :D 👍

He's a robot, he told me himself :lol:

I had a great time. Got an "OK" qualifying, and started on lap one trying to save tires, just enough to keep 2nd outlaw in view and 3rd place just out of passing range.

I was doing fine, until I lost my rhythm and lost way to much time on 2nd and Husq was closing in.

After the pit stop I got a lucky break when Outlaws clipped the outside grass. Now that I didn't have to pass outlaw for a shot at P1 I gave 100% to pace and tossed tire wear to the wind.

Still, mister robot was just far to constant and I missed pit road the second time around, over heated my tires going for 52s (best lap was a 53.0 something), and just made to many large mistakes.

Well done Tim, great race.

My final tune.

-13-13
12.0 9.7

5 / 5
5 / 5
2 / 2

C 1.6 / 0.9
T 0.00 / -0.18

LSD 9/15/5

Back