PURE | Chevy Camaro Cup | Series Champion: Dr_Watson

• Thread starter Müle
  • 622 comments

What track for round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
outlaw4rc
I'm forced into a wireless setup now. Unreliable, and I'd need a 50 foot cable for a direct hookup. :indiff:

Ouch. Yeah my son and I wired my basement with cat5 years ago when he and I hosted LAN parties.
Think if I was in your situation I'd go ahead and use that 50' cable while I was running in online events. At least until I could make more permanent arrangements.

How old is your router?

Can I jump in for this weekend's race at Tsukuba? Also, any way to tell who has what colors so I know what not to paint the car?

Tim posted this in the PURE forum:

Code:
-----------+---------------+--------+--------------------------+---------------------
 userName  |   psnName     | carNum |       carColor           |       wheelColor   
-----------+---------------+--------+--------------------------+---------------------
Husqvarman    Husq_GTPlay     14       dark grey (metal)          (isotope) green
carracerptp   carracerptp     16       white                      black    
Dr_Watson     TnJF            19       Autumn Gold                Sepang Bronze 
GenkoMax      maximus254      21       Rally Yellow               Black   
OwensRacing   OwensRacing     27       Black                      Gold    
Litchi        GTP_Litchi      77       Dark Grey                  (isotope)
MULE_9242     MULE_9242       93       Blue Cosmo Metallizzato    black    
bdubclub      bdubclub        98       Hugger Orange.             Matte Black    
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                part time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CSLACR        GTP_CSL          2       Cherry Red                 Gold
Mac K         macospet1       10       Black                      Black 
Dragonwhisky  dragonwhisky    13       Blue                       Blue
GrayFox32     GrayFox32       32       Red Metallic               Silver 
james6653     james6653       50       silver chrome              blue/green

Feel free to hop in, yeah.

MÜLE_9242;7358617
Tim posted this in the PURE forum:

Feel free to hop in, yeah.

might be a bit out of date.

Can I jump in for this weekend's race at Tsukuba? Also, any way to tell who has what colors so I know what not to paint the car?

it will tell you on the sign-up from what's taken in real-time.

Ouch. Yeah my son and I wired my basement with cat5 years ago when he and I hosted LAN parties.
Think if I was in your situation I'd go ahead and use that 50' cable while I was running in online events. At least until I could make more permanent arrangements.

How old is your router?
The wire doesn't work with my PS3 for some reason. Router's old enough that I want a new one, but money's tight for me right now.

I'll give it a go, but don't be surprised if I disconnect during the race.
Tim, think you'll have another great racing vid coming soon. Chapter 5, NASA Spec FR-S Rematch. :lol:

The wire doesn't work with my PS3 for some reason. Router's old enough that I want a new one, but money's tight for me right now.

I'll give it a go, but don't be surprised if I disconnect during the race.Tim, think you'll have another great racing vid coming soon. Chapter 5, NASA Spec FR-S Rematch. :lol:
I got my 50ft cable on Amazon for about $5, those wires are strange beings, I'd try a new one to hopefully save myself some hassle.

You set up wireless, so I assume you know to change it back to wired when you plug it in.
It'd be great to see you out there if it works out.👍

Tim, think you'll have another great racing vid coming soon. Chapter 5, NASA Spec FR-S Rematch. :lol:

I'm gonna use cockpit view on this one, so depending on how the car feels you may or may not get that. Just doing this for fun since I have nothing to do this weekend.

Gonna be another great race with these guys showing up.

Whiskey, please post your room number. I'm wanting to join in and start my tuning for Tskuba.

I'm gonna use cockpit view on this one, so depending on how the car feels you may or may not get that. Just doing this for fun since I have nothing to do this weekend.

Cockpit in this car kind of stinks. The RM steering wheel LCD doesn't work so you need to use hud as the cockpit data is always at 0. :dunce:

Gonna be another great race with these guys showing up.

Whiskey, please post your room number. I'm wanting to join in and start my tuning for Tskuba.

Give me about 10. Reading forums.

Room up;

1472-6118-3787-3246-6485

Set to 15 min auto race start cycle for 5 laps.

Closed so far as I know. I got D/Ced again and left it in the hands of a random join.

I am cleared hot until about 9p EDT for practice. Not that any of you need me in there. :cheers:

WTH?! keep getting D/Ced!

Last edited:
Can I switch over to "part time" I would still like to race this car (I tried using the posted tunes at Mazda Raceway, just could get in a grove).
Again, I'm not sure how many I can make, the time is a little hard for me to make right now.

Initial tune I have for Tsukuba. First time in forever that I've left ride height the same on both front and rear. Best lap for me is a 53.496, which is probably midpack speed right now.

Suspension
RH: -15/-15
SR: 10.0/8.0
D(E): 5/7
D(C): 7/5
ARB: 3/3
C: 2.0/2.0
T: 0.00/-0.50

LSD: 5/60/5

Brakes: 5/7

Tranny: Final @ 124 mph, Final @ 2.750

Initial tune I have for Tsukuba. First time in forever that I've left ride height the same on both front and rear. Best lap for me is a 53.496, which is probably midpack speed right now.

Suspension

I don't have the finesse required yet to tame the rear end on this tune. Rolled the rear toe back to -0.25 and the rear camber out a little to 1.7 and that seemed to hold the rear from smacking me in the face when the roller ball I appear to have for a right ankle slipped with the gas pedal. Think my PB so far is a 54.3xx. Since CSL is plain in love with this car he'll probably get down to the 52s. I couldn't really get his tune to rotate well, especially in turn 7.

Suspension

Just did some laps, did a 53.436 with a setup not much different than yours (less camber and toe though, :scared: that is a lot of toe).

I don't have the finesse required yet to tame the rear end on this tune. Rolled the rear toe back to -0.25 and the rear camber out a little to 1.7 and that seemed to hold the rear from smacking me in the face when the roller ball I appear to have for a right ankle slipped with the gas pedal. Think my PB so far is a 54.3xx. Since CSL is plain in love with this car he'll probably get down to the 52s. I couldn't really get his tune to rotate well, especially in turn 7.
My tune would definitely be tight on Tsukuba. I'll be dropping the rear toe -.20 before I get on the track.

Just did some laps, did a 53.436 with a setup not much different than yours (less camber and toe though, :scared: that is a lot of toe).
It's my way of protesting the +0.20 rear that's in just about every car in Gran Turismo. If I'm crashing, I want the rear end hitting the wall first, thank you very much. :lol:

ROOM CLOSED

carracerptp is seeing 53.2's

I lucked into a 53.5. Pretty consistent 53.7/53.8's but I made an adjustment before the 53.5. So hopefully that means faster average lap time. :)

Here is the tune I am using:

479d9d0d.jpg

All hairpin turns I get into second. As I pick up throttle on exit. I will shift third before getting into hard. The right hander after the second hairpin is driver choice 4th or 3rd. Last turn I get into 4th iirc.

Fairly happy with the car. If it is a little loose use 5/4 or 5/3 brake balance. f/r

As well raise LSD braking. 13/13/5 to other 13/13/8 or 13/13/10

Last edited:
Room up for about an hour;

1472-6118-3744-3751-9734

closed.

Last edited:
Courtesy of our very own Dr_Watson, a video guide to rolling starts, and what not to do:

http://youtu.be/WEXwQY7Lg6E?hd=1

If something like what happened last week happens again, we'll just wave off the start, and do a second formation lap, and if someone does get away with jumping, there'll be penalties. I was going to do a further explanation, but I think the video covers everything. If anyone wants to add something, go right ahead.

MÜLE_9242;7369304
Courtesy of our very own Dr_Watson, a video guide to rolling starts, and what not to do:

http://youtu.be/WEXwQY7Lg6E?hd=1

If something like what happened last week happens again, we'll just wave off the start, and do a second formation lap, and if someone does get away with jumping, there'll be penalties. I was going to do a further explanation, but I think the video covers everything. If anyone wants to add something, go right ahead.

Sorry, didn't read the rules :guilty: "-No weaving on the formation lap!"
I do think it helps if we start right as we cross the "Start/Finish" line. I wasn't sure about the actual location of the start line.

Here's an example video I made from Aderrrm's GT4 Cup last year. It starts after we started rolling, but doing that is pretty straight forward. (or supposed to be)

Back