PURE | Chevy Camaro Cup | Series Champion: Dr_Watson

• Thread starter Müle
  • 622 comments

What track for round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With your skill, you'll probably be able to get your car to rotate well but I'm not there yet. It seems to turn better for me with the rear toe set to -0.20. Got my PB down in the mid 12s now with carracer's help 👍 Thanks, by the way. It was really good having someone show me how to do it better. Now that I have a better idea of where to put my car on the track, I just have to start doing it.
That was just a guesstimate, where I'll probably start at. I tune it for where it leaves me close to even tire wear, I've found this car likes to wear the rears easier, probably because of the 47/53 balance.

@ Mule - Hey! I didn't get a "CSL conquers Laguna Seca!" banner! :P :D

Tim that charting is awesome work.

Had a decent session last night. Down in the 11's with a PB of 11.8, still more on the table too. Get my tune lil closer.

Turn 4 (right hander after concrete cheaters cutting spot) this turn is kicking my butt. I lose all my time here. Either spin or rear drifting. Rarely catch it right.

Anyone got a few tips to help here. Maybe tune trick to get the rear tightened up in that turn?

Or is the rear slide from entering to fast?

Tim that charting is awesome work.

Had a decent session last night. Down in the 11's with a PB of 11.8, still more on the table too. Get my tune lil closer.

Turn 4 (right hander after concrete cheaters cutting spot) this turn is kicking my butt. I lose all my time here. Either spin or rear drifting. Rarely catch it right.

Anyone got a few tips to help here. Maybe tune trick to get the rear tightened up in that turn?

Or is the rear slide from entering to fast?

I always find the fastest and least oversteer through there comes from braking early for the left and then coasting (or trailing throttle in the case of that tail happy FR-S) through the left into the right before easing back on the power as you go up the hill into the tunnel.

Another way of putting it is that when you're not cheating over the concrete use the left hand entry to setup the right hand corner, if you barrel into there too fast you just make a mess of the exit.

I don't see Lucky actually registered.

Gonna have to exclude him from the results until he does.

So i signed up for this yesterday. Gonna build me the car tonight and get to practicing. Can't wait to run with you guys in a real series that actually has rules.

Good session last night. Down too 11.5's and made 10 laps trouble free. Let's hope I can repeat that x4 on Sunday.

;)

I hit a 12.6 but I have a complete lack of consistency here. Kept crashing almost every lap.

Room Open:

1472-6118-3787-3247-7759

Wife will be watching the olympics tonight so can't stay long. be there shortly.

Idly curious, how did you and outlaw find my room, since I don't think either of you are in my FL?

Edit; well maybe I won't be there shortly. That room doesn't exist. Was that the number of my room?

I'd join but my wife wants to watch the Opening ceremony in 30 min when NBC is showing it on delay. If they showed it Live I'd already be done watching it like the rest of the world. >:E

Don't we complain about NBC's tape delayed and watered down broadcasting every Olympiad yet they never change?

Does NBC go to commercial every 5 minutes during the parade of nations?

MÜLE_9242

Probably. Which would be why I'll be doing something else.

MÜLE_9242;7403653

Makes me wish I still had an antenna in the air... I miss pirating CBC over the lake. :/

Dr_Watson
Makes me wish I still had an antenna in the air... I miss pirating CBC over the lake. :/

CBC lost the rights to the Olympics. CTV has them. Commercials aplenty.

Well... guess I'm only missing out on HNIC now.
Too bad; CBC always had pretty good coverage without resorting to the ultra-nationalist "human interest" gushing.

outlaw4rc
This car drives like a school bus...
Me and this car are not getting along.

Well if that was you not getting along with a car, I'd hate to see it when you do. :crazy::ill::nervous:

I left the room.

In GrayFox's hands now.

1472-6118-4130-9224-7171

Can't promise this will be open long.

Well if that was you not getting along with a car, I'd hate to see it when you do. :crazy::ill::nervous:
The car feels good with fresh tires, and the engine note's a blast. The problem is how far (at least on my end) off the car's balance is over the long run because of the rear's wear. I'll admit my struggles is partly inexperience with racing cars.

I did find a somewhat manageable setup, going from mid 11s to an excellent 10.8, then going even faster with a 10.698. There's a fair amount of understeer, though. :yuck:

The car feels good with fresh tires, and the engine note's a blast. The problem is how far (at least on my end) off the car's balance is over the long run because of the rear's wear. I'll admit my struggles is partly inexperience with racing cars.

I did find a somewhat manageable setup, going from mid 11s to an excellent 10.8, then going even faster with a 10.698. There's a fair amount of understeer, though. :yuck:

10.698 and you don't like the car? Wow.

MÜLE_9242;7403815
CBC lost the rights to the Olympics. CTV has them. Commercials aplenty.

was worth it for the torch... the Brits throw a hell of a bon fire.

Updated

Dragon we go to open lobby. Search deep Forrest and look for rooms. ;)
I have a few questions about the actual race lobby. Is there some reason we don't use a friend lobby instead of open lobby? Wouldn't that cut down on random joins? Would we all have to be friends with the host or could it be a friend chain system?

was worth it for the torch... the Brits throw a hell of a bon fire.
Power went out here for about 5 minutes just after the rings were raised. Power came back up and about 5 minutes later the cable tv, phone and internet went down.

Regarding outlaw not getting along with the car. Pfft. Looks to me like yer getting along just fine. Sounds to me like we all need to hope you have a serious falling out before Sunday. :scared:

Regarding outlaw not getting along with the car. Pfft. Looks to me like yer getting along just fine. Sounds to me like we all need to hope you have a serious falling out before Sunday. :scared:

He's fastest when he's complaining. :sly:

btw... tuning my car in here:

1472-6118-3658-4759-8221

Last edited:
Don't be telling everyone all my secrets now. :P

If you've got nothing to complain about you aren't trying hard enough. ;)

PB 1:10.738

here's my car dragon:

c3_dftune.jpg

Back