RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,360 views
Ahhh, crap, you mean your good track was not Silverstone National? That you might get even faster?
The National wasn't one I'd done much running on, but its so simple it's pretty hard to get it wrong. Plus there are a few different lines through some of the corners, meaning even with mistakes, you can just swap lines mid-corner and carry on.

Laguna though... love the track, one of my favourites! Spent hours here in the Shelby GT350, trying to tame it.
 
I played Forza series. :p I had driven Silverstone National like 800 times, still finished poorly. Silverstone National is one of a few tracks where practice means next to nothing, and setup and teamwork means more.


Laguna Seca is the opposite. So many corners are close to flat-out, you need to know how much to brake...

Practice up! :)
 
Couldnt keep away, any news from buck? shes ignoring me for some reason.
 
I'm thinking 1:32s are possible... Given that GT300 is 7-10 seconds faster per lap, and SSR was at Laguna Seca in BRZ GT300, running 1:24s. That would be 8 seconds, making it likely that qualifying pace will indeed be 1:32s.
31.4 on my Silverstone setup + ratios, will be in the 30's once I've tweaked a few things.

EDIT

Ok, some tweaks have been made, and I managed a 30.9 -- Unless someone else beats that, my setup work is done. Race pace will be low 31's.
 
Last edited:
31.4 on my Silverstone setup + ratios, will be in the 30's once I've tweaked a few things.

EDIT

Ok, some tweaks have been made, and I managed a 30.9 -- Unless someone else beats that, my setup work is done. Race pace will be low 31's.
... Is there a rule for being too fast?

@Gedi69 nope. Haven't seen/heard from her since the race.
 
Wait!? There are faster people!??
Yes, lots! :lol: I only made division 2 in the WRS for GT6!

EDIT

Anyway, I might only be available for race 2 from now on unless we can start a little later, so make race 1 count! :lol:
 
Last edited:
Anyway, I might only be available for race 2 from now on unless we can start a little later, so make race 1 count! :lol:

With that said, is no one opposed to starting 20 minutes later?
 
I'm thinking 1:32s are possible... Given that GT300 is 7-10 seconds faster per lap, and SSR was at Laguna Seca in BRZ GT300, running 1:24s. That would be 8 seconds, making it likely that qualifying pace will indeed be 1:32s.

How were we running 1:24 in SSR? :odd: My best was 1:28 or something and yours was probably a bit faster than that, but not 1:24 for sure...
 
So, ITCC cars are way faster than they used to be? Interesting. For a while, ITCC cars were 10 seconds slower than GT300s - about 10 seconds. Now, though, Caine has proven that the difference is more like 4.4 seconds. :lol:


@nascarfan1400, we normally aim to start the qualifying at 3:30 EST, but will be starting at 3:50 EST.
 
Good luck all, your lucky I'm not racing, love Laguna love it love it love it!
 
I'm out this week. I'll be at the Rolex 24
 
You're not even registered in OP. :confused: Would you like to?
I thought I was down already. I'll be in the bimmer privateer team called Mafia American Performance. Car will be blue with red wheels for America
 
Privateer (one team member, part-time) factory (driver having done at least one full season of ITCC) team? :p Sounds interesting.


I'll put you up in OP.


@LancerEvo7, did you say you were out?
 
How far, track wise, can we stray from the racing surface?
 
Two wheels on black stuff at all times, except when airborne... Then two wheels directly above on a vertical plane...
 
Might have to use a drop score this week :( as got to work till 1am
 
Darn! Everyone's missing this week! :(

Oh, wait, extra points for me!
 
How many drop rounds we got this season?

20% is a general rule for ITCC, so 2 again. Last season, 12/10 = 1.2 times as long a season, meaning there would've been 2.4 drop rounds (or, otherwise, 2 when you round.)
 
I've just done some quick laps at Laguna Seca... Much hatred was involved with Sillystone setup. Seriously never doing a setup as ridiculous as that ever again.


Silly setup @ Laguna: 1:35.xxx

Laguna setup: 1:32.018


I mean, seriously, I should just never tune my own car again, I created way too much oversteer.


Other than that, it's a fun track. I'm only bothered with three possible cutting areas: T1, corkscrew, and T11. Don't hit the orange pylons on the main straight. Don't hit the brake markers on the main straight... And please be careful not to roll the car or something silly at Corkscrew. :odd:
 
Suddenly I'm not so fast! :lol: WD Andrew!
 
I've just done some quick laps at Laguna Seca... Much hatred was involved with Sillystone setup. Seriously never doing a setup as ridiculous as that ever again.


Silly setup @ Laguna: 1:35.xxx

Laguna setup: 1:32.018


I mean, seriously, I should just never tune my own car again, I created way too much oversteer.


Other than that, it's a fun track. I'm only bothered with three possible cutting areas: T1, corkscrew, and T11. Don't hit the orange pylons on the main straight. Don't hit the brake markers on the main straight... And please be careful not to roll the car or something silly at Corkscrew. :odd:
I have done this twice in practice. I'm also pretty sure I saw markl1970 on his door in a silverstone practice. :lol: you can imaging my reaction.
 
Hi all. I would like to join you guys during practice or fun races to see if i would be prepared for future competing in your league. Is it allowed to just choose car and do some laps simply for practice and eventually not participate in races?
In case i can, is it allowed to choose every car from the list or they are already reserved?

Thx 4 the anwer
Cheers

PS. Sorry for silly question, but i only see hp restriction, what about maximum allwed number of PP points?
 
Hi all. I would like to join you guys during practice or fun races to see if i would be prepared for future competing in your league. Is it allowed to just choose car and do some laps simply for practice and eventually not participate in races?
In case i can, is it allowed to choose every car from the list or they are already reserved?

Thx 4 the anwer
Cheers

PS. Sorry for silly question, but i only see hp restriction, what about maximum allwed number of PP points?
The specs are only based on BHP & Weight 👍
 
Back