RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,360 views
I can't guarantee due to work, I only find out my shifts 2 days before and I can't turn them down,
 
I am free normal time next week. The WGTC runs fortnightly. :)
 
I kind of think we should have a few bye weeks.
 
Just kinda nice to get a few weeks off here and there.
 
Sorry Guys, I had a power cut last night so was sat in the dark.
 
The specs are only based on BHP & Weight 👍

Any tips? I guess i must choose if i want to invest in drivetrain or aero or sth like that? As long as i dont break the rules.
And, said weight is a max or min weight, or i need to have an exact amount?
 
Minimum weights. You can go higher if you'd like I believe.
 
Any tips? I guess i must choose if i want to invest in drivetrain or aero or sth like that? As long as i dont break the rules.
And, said weight is a max or min weight, or i need to have an exact amount?
The specs and info can all be found in the OP, all bhp is the max and the weight is the min for that car.

As for tips.... Just drive drive drive & practice practice practice 👍
 
Any tips? I guess i must choose if i want to invest in drivetrain or aero or sth like that? As long as i dont break the rules.
And, said weight is a max or min weight, or i need to have an exact amount?
Just upgrade everything and whack on the power limiter! That's what I've done. And +1 to what Gedi said.
 
My recommendations are to try to run laps at Laguna Seca now, and compare with the fastest times, (1:30.9 because Caine) and 1:34 (average practice laps of independent drivers.)


If you fall into the 1:35s and higher, then consider whether you're getting the best out of the car with that setup. If it's your driving, and you can't seem to get any faster, try to take the widest line possible on entry, get your inside wheels on the inside curbs, and full-throttle it on exit.


If you find that the car isn't turning very well, try to work with the tuning setup.


And, if you run 1:32s and 1:33s, congratulations! Not many people can jump straight in like that and find good pace right off of the bat. 👍 check back with me once you've gotten the practice laps sorted, and if you need any further help, most people here are willing to help. 👍
 
I'm going to run some laps tmw daytime as got the day off :) so 30.9 to beat then Caine 👍
 
He said so, but I don't believe he's a full second faster. My fastest is a 1:31.9xx.


Also, (slightly off-topic but totally interesting,) my family has grown. Parents got themselves a puppy which I can ignore even more than the current one.


Hopefully, then, the parents will pay more attention to the pound-hound than me on Saturdays, giving me even more concentration available for ITCC. :sly:
 
He said so, but I don't believe he's a full second faster. My fastest is a 1:31.9xx.

I can see him doing 30.9's. It might take a few more laps for your times to fall a bit. You can struggle to find that time now, but come raceday you find those few magical tenths that appear from no-where. Each car will have it's best track as you know, and maybe the ford is suited for this track.
 
Don't get me wrong, I know Caine is fast. I'm just surprised by the difference... Probably more my fault than his. Come race day, I'm aiming to be equally fast. I bet you could also run 1:31s, GKM.
 
Don't get me wrong, I know Caine is fast. I'm just surprised by the difference... Probably more my fault than his. Come race day, I'm aiming to be equally fast. I bet you could also run 1:31s, GKM.
It depends which car. the vectra, definitely not (I didn't get on with that thing). But in last seasons BMW maybe. I might run a few laps this week and see what I can do, but I doubt I'll be troubling you guys.
 
:ouch:


No bye weeks unless people want them. Part-timers might be confused by off-weeks. I'm trying to keep this season short, simple and sweet. Nothing too difficult or confusing. I mean, I could do corner cutting rules for every single corner and spend a few hours checking the replays, (again) but that's not by any means simple or short.


Just be calm.


Edit: I found this :D on my YouTube channel. Completely forgot about it.






I am going to try to do this again, once I can figure out how to set up my video recorder again. Wish me luck!


Edit: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/race-racing-community-evolved-the-place-to-race.300908/

I'm rather sure some (or most) of you know about this, but I'm announcing it properly now:


ITCC's fourth season, (ITCC 2006) is now being sanctioned by the RACE (RAcing Community Evolved) group - I am retaining the position of Series Director and there will be no immediate changes, except that we will now be accepting more drivers from RACE as well. As ever, we expect nothing except fair and pleasant conduct. 👍 So, have fun and enjoy the RACEs! :D
 
Last edited:
Practice room open 👍

Edit: 32.7 just never did get on with this track.
 
Last edited:
Thank you guys for the tips :)

Reason i ask about this is that i just started playing the game and haven't got loads of cash (only 200k) so don't want to spend it on stuff that is not needed.

So, to sum things up, as long as i keep weight and bhp as restricted i can do anything to my car?
 
Thank you guys for the tips :)

Reason i ask about this is that i just started playing the game and haven't got loads of cash (only 200k) so don't want to spend it on stuff that is not needed.

So, to sum things up, as long as i keep weight and bhp as restricted i can do anything to my car?

Other than hack it. :sly: yes mate. :lol:
 
Back