RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,418 views
Anybody up for practice?? Oh and by the way, so we use real or weak slipstream?

Edit: yes it was a double post.
 
Anybody up for practice?? Oh and by the way, so we use real or weak slipstream?

Edit: yes it was a double post.

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! :D


And, real slipstream... Not that it matters much at Laguna Seca.


Ged, the corkscrew is tricky but keep in mind that you can put your inside tires over the first half-apex (the left-hand portion)
 
Oh can we now.....hmmmm. :)
 
I don't understand why I'm suddenly 1 second faster than everyone here. At Silverstone, it was pretty even between me, Sig + Gedi....

On a perfect lap I can do very high 30's, average lap is low - mid 31's. If I do an 'offline' run, I can get low 30's -- so pretty much same as GT5 -- ~ 1 sec difference between on + offline.

I am really looking forward to this race. I got my only win in the WGTC last season at Laguna, so it's a special place for me. After my poor 2nd race at Silverstone I'm hoping for a strong result this weekend to catch back up to Gedi in the tables.

EDIT

Gedi, what in-particular are you struggling with at the corkscrew? Braking, turn in, or exit?

A tip I gave to 1 of my friends who struggles there was to turn a little earlier than you would normally need to as the elevation change causes understeer. Also, for the final 10-25 meters release the brakes and let the car coast into the apex, the main trick is carrying as much speed as possible through it. I also upshift at the crest of the left hand, to kill the engine rpm and any unnecessary wheel spin on the downhill.
 
Last edited:
I've always struggled here tbh, but thanks for the tips 👍 I will give these a go.

After Laguna your be a good few points ahead of me.
 
Caine, the aliens taught you some more tricks between Silverstone and now, huh?
 
Caine, the aliens taught you some more tricks between Silverstone and now, huh?
Could be a number of things. More practice, his car could be better suited for Laguna, he could be better at Laguna, better tune for Laguna, or any myriad of those
 
I'm in a room at the moment, It will be closed for two as I'm doing a oil change, but then will be open for all to practice!
 
Could be a number of things. More practice, his car could be better suited for Laguna, he could be better at Laguna, better tune for Laguna, or any myriad of those
A full second, though. :lol: Obviously the teasing is in good spirits.
I'm in a room at the moment, It will be closed for two as I'm doing a oil change, but then will be open for all to practice!
👍
 
Yes a double post, but I've got down to.....
1.31.1! More importantly though, I reckon 1.30.9 is doable. And if you want help with setup, go have a look at motor city tunes in the tuning section, some really helpful advice.
 
I don't understand why I'm suddenly 1 second faster than everyone here. At Silverstone, it was pretty even between me, Sig + Gedi....

On a perfect lap I can do very high 30's, average lap is low - mid 31's. If I do an 'offline' run, I can get low 30's -- so pretty much same as GT5 -- ~ 1 sec difference between on + offline.

Maybe because the Focus is the only car which has a flat floor? Not done any practicing yet so I can't give a lap time, never really done well at Laguna though, twisty corners and short straights is just asking for more collisions/dive bombs
 
I should be able to get a mid 1:31 and work down from there.
 
Yes a double post, but I've got down to.....
1.31.1! More importantly though, I reckon 1.30.9 is doable. And if you want help with setup, go have a look at motor city tunes in the tuning section, some really helpful advice.
Yeah but how consistently can you do those times?

Just done a 29.6 (offline) btw.
 
Yeah but offline is faster than online. Its ~ 1 second different, which would put me at about 30.6.

I'm in a lobby now if anyone is interested.

EDIT

Just done a mock race. I think I have the right # of laps (2.24 mi = 3.6 km -- 50/3.6 = 14 laps)

Total race time : 21'23.593 = average lap of 1'31.685

Fastest Lap was a 30.82 on lap 3, and managed a 30.89 on lap 14, so with consistency I can do high 30's all race. Bring your A game guys! :lol:
 
Last edited:
Yeah but offline is faster than online. Its ~ 1 second different, which would put me at about 30.6.

I'm in a lobby now if anyone is interested.

EDIT

Just done a mock race. I think I have the right # of laps (2.24 mi = 3.6 km -- 50/3.6 = 14 laps)

Total race time : 21'23.593 = average lap of 1'31.685

Fastest Lap was a 30.82 on lap 3, and managed a 30.89 on lap 14, so with consistency I can do high 30's all race. Bring your A game guys! :lol:

I'll just keep behind you, you're faster... :guilty:
 
You'll be fine. My weak point is reverse grid races. I always struggle coming through the field, probably because I'm used to enduro's so I'm too patient.. but that depends on race 1!
 
I did run a 1:31.9xx. Maybe I have some chance. You're always faster, Caine, in qualifying etc.
 
Problem with this track is overtaking, I found it really hard to pass buck yesterday without hitting her.
 
Problem with this track is overtaking, I found it really hard to pass buck yesterday without hitting her.
Yeah there are only really 3 spots. Turn 1, corkscrew and last corner. Other than that, single file really...

EDIT

Oh and 30.5 online :D
 
Well, yeah... But I'm sure you can do it. I'm sure we can all do clean passes, as long as everyone races with a common courtesy.


Plus, buck's way faster now. If I interpret your post slightly different, it's because she was faster than you. :p
 
Well, yeah... But I'm sure you can do it. I'm sure we can all do clean passes, as long as everyone races with a common courtesy.


Plus, buck's way faster now. If I interpret your post slightly different, it's because she was faster than you. :p

:lol:

It seems I'm around the same speed as you, Andrew. ;)
 
Blake, your teammate's slow, like me. :lol: are you slow like us?
 
Back