RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,419 views
Yet in NASCAR you turn left:rolleyes:

Well, yeah, that's kinda where he got the nickname.


Nas, of all of the corners to "forget" about at Bathurst, Turn 1 should be the lowest on your list. :lol: It's a left turn, 90 degrees, and comes very shortly after crossing start/finish.
 
Well, Honda's now well and truly ahead in Manufacturer's, in front of Audi by 66 points, and Ford by 229 points. :eek:


...And Ascari Autosports is now leading the Team's Championship, by 16 points over FPR and 17 over T&TR. RRRT is doing miserably. :lol: But we're ahead of our rivals, so that - at least - is a win.


...And I'm now second overall, only 5 points (because @gtpcaine got fastest lap in Race 2) behind caine. If I had gotten those five bonus points, I would've been 5 points in the lead. ;)



I'm shocked to see myself that high up again, but I guess the practice did pay off. Of course, @GTracer98 has figured out the secret secrets I've been telling him about over and over again, so he's now much faster... So we'll have to see.



And, as far as Independents goes... *crickets* We don't even have any consistent Independents! @RunRookieRun, @AonsoFan46, @TheYaShoe, @flowaangelz, one of you could be the next Independent's Champion! Or, maybe someone who's new here could join and be the next Independent's Champion.




https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RMWEFuNkx4SldMeE1aS3dmMGc&usp=drive_web#gid=5
 
I'm out for Bathurst. I sense much anger and impatience coming.
 
Na as long nobody goes LEROY JENKINS it should be good.
 
Na as long nobody goes LEROY JENKINS it should be good.

Hang on, I think it's even possible to manage to go two-wide through the Esses in these cars. I forget whether it was nas or Caine, but we already did today. :p


Just remember which "side" of the track is yours. If you're choosing to be on the right side of the track, you need to leave your opponent with their 50% of the track, and keep in mind that two-wide is always slower than single-file.


@cnd01, are you actually out because the track is tight and twisty? :lol: We have fewer crashes at twisty tracks. We had lots of small bumps at Silverstone, and barely anything at Trial Mountain - except, you were involved in every single incidence of contact, cnd. :lol: Stop putting magnets in your tires. :p
 
I'm all for a little argy-bargy, but I was given the wall or the chrome horn on multiple occasions. I don't see that working at a place like Bathurst
 
Watch the 12h now for a guide on how to race, there's s link in the news or in motorsport.
 
I'm all for a little argy-bargy, but I was given the wall or the chrome horn on multiple occasions. I don't see that working at a place like Bathurst

Amazing... I don't know what's different between people's approach to races, but I think I only made a small bit of contact with gedi all day, and that was small, and I gave the position back.


Watch the 12h now for a guide on how to race, there's s link in the news or in motorsport.

I hate internet explorer. Chrome's not working, and IE doesn't have the right patch thing. Besides, isn't a majority of the race (10 hours) over already?
 
Amazing... I don't know what's different between people's approach to races, but I think I only made a small bit of contact with gedi all day, and that was small, and I gave the position back.
We bumped in race 2. It was a racing incident that I got the worst of, but that was just us both not giving an inch. No harm no foul in my books. I bet had you gotten the worst of it, I would've been penalized and publicly flogged...
 
We bumped in race 2. It was a racing incident that I got the worst of, but that was just us both not giving an inch. No harm no foul in my books. I bet had you gotten the worst of it, I would've been penalized and publicly flogged...

I hit you? I never felt anything. Sorry, I didn't even realize.
 
I hit you? I never felt anything. Sorry, I didn't even realize.
Meh, it's racing. Had I figured out a non-painful way to hook up the G27, you wouldn't have been able to catch me :p
 
Meh, it's racing. Had I figured out a non-painful way to hook up the G27, you wouldn't have been able to catch me :p

I looked at the replay... That little nudge sent you flying! :lol: Get your G27 hooked up, soon, 'cuz that seems a bit overkill on the whole "twitchy car" thing I was mentioning in practice.


Seriously, that was like the sort of gentle rubbing more often associated to a pregnant woman's belly than a collision between race cars...


But, I must admit, that was a good scrap 'til you lost it. Had you given me more room (I mean, watch the replay, I almost hit the wall trying to avoid you) I think you would've gotten a podium, G27 or not. Good race. I don't know how you managed to hold my outside through Turns 4 and 5 like that... But, question is, were you impressed to see me in Turn 4 up the inside like that? I surprised myself, somehow knowing to put my car in the perfect spot for that pass... Only to have you show me up on the outside, leading to the side-by-side through Turn 7 which caught you off guard...
 
I looked at the replay... That little nudge sent you flying! :lol: Get your G27 hooked up, soon, 'cuz that seems a bit overkill on the whole "twitchy car" thing I was mentioning in practice.


Seriously, that was like the sort of gentle rubbing more often associated to a pregnant woman's belly than a collision between race cars...


But, I must admit, that was a good scrap 'til you lost it. Had you given me more room (I mean, watch the replay, I almost hit the wall trying to avoid you) I think you would've gotten a podium, G27 or not. Good race. I don't know how you managed to hold my outside through Turns 4 and 5 like that... But, question is, were you impressed to see me in Turn 4 up the inside like that? I surprised myself, somehow knowing to put my car in the perfect spot for that pass... Only to have you show me up on the outside, leading to the side-by-side through Turn 7 which caught you off guard...
It was fun racing. I didn't have the look left and look right buttons configured on my controller (if possible to do that :lol: ) so I honestly didn't see you until that red blindspot arrow came on, but by then I had committed to the corner on the line we both chose. That's why I came down. I was on borrowed time holding the outside like that. I was turning opposite lock half the time just giving the ol bimmer all she was worth. My thought process was that if you got around me, I wouldn't catch back up. If I could hold you off, maybe the guys behind you would put pressure on you letting me get away and holding on for the W
 
It was fun racing. I didn't have the look left and look right buttons configured on my controller (if possible to do that :lol: ) so I honestly didn't see you until that red blindspot arrow came on, but by then I had committed to the corner on the line we both chose. That's why I came down. I was on borrowed time holding the outside like that. I was turning opposite lock half the time just giving the ol bimmer all she was worth. My thought process was that if you got around me, I wouldn't catch back up. If I could hold you off, maybe the guys behind you would put pressure on you letting me get away and holding on for the W

And I thought the obvious opposite "he'll be a buffer, I can win this race by Vettel'ing it from Lap 4 onwards. :lol: Kinda worked, except Caine caught up for a seriously dramatic final two laps... Which somehow did see me win.


I just wish I could've made the pass without bumping you at all. In GT6, I find it too hard to look left/right with a button. My instinct is to turn my head and visually look at the car passing, but I can't break concentration in-game for more than a split second. The corners come too quickly. If GT6 still had that super-zoomed map that shows the cars that are side-by-side, I would've been fine... But I don't use those blindspot arrows (because I can tell if someone's trying for a pass or not) nor anything else to help me to know where the other drivers are.


But, that BMW was fast when it wasn't sideways. I think, if you dial back the oversteer, you can be quite fast here again... You know, like Season 2. 💡


Edit: I've got buckets of photos. No, I'm not uploading them to photobucket. Flickr, though, definitely. :D
 
And I thought the obvious opposite "he'll be a buffer, I can win this race by Vettel'ing it from Lap 4 onwards. :lol: Kinda worked, except Caine caught up for a seriously dramatic final two laps... Which somehow did see me win.


I just wish I could've made the pass without bumping you at all. In GT6, I find it too hard to look left/right with a button. My instinct is to turn my head and visually look at the car passing, but I can't break concentration in-game for more than a split second. The corners come too quickly. If GT6 still had that super-zoomed map that shows the cars that are side-by-side, I would've been fine... But I don't use those blindspot arrows (because I can tell if someone's trying for a pass or not) nor anything else to help me to know where the other drivers are.


But, that BMW was fast when it wasn't sideways. I think, if you dial back the oversteer, you can be quite fast here again... You know, like Season 2. 💡


Edit: I've got buckets of photos. No, I'm not uploading them to photobucket. Flickr, though, definitely. :D
That same tune, I ran 13 consecutive laps all below 1.32.3 with my G27. It's the level of precision it has when correcting the oversteer that really makes it that much faster. GT6 has the best physics of any console platform racer, but it still lacks the realism when grip has been lost that Iracing has nailed. If I remember right, I'm a 2 time previous winner at Trial Mountain from S1 and S2. If I race any more this season, I think I'll have a better tune for the ds3. My next probable appearance will be Ascari or Brands. Not racing at all next weekend, and I'll race ToCA at Willow Springs the following one. Hopefully, the aggressiveness here will tone down a little more, or at least I won't be the only one flying all over the track :lol:
 
That same tune, I ran 13 consecutive laps all below 1.32.3 with my G27. It's the level of precision it has when correcting the oversteer that really makes it that much faster. GT6 has the best physics of any console platform racer, but it still lacks the realism when grip has been lost that Iracing has nailed. If I remember right, I'm a 2 time previous winner at Trial Mountain from S1 and S2. If I race any more this season, I think I'll have a better tune for the ds3. My next probable appearance will be Ascari or Brands. Not racing at all next weekend, and I'll race ToCA at Willow Springs the following one. Hopefully, the aggressiveness here will tone down a little more, or at least I won't be the only one flying all over the track :lol:

I looked through the replays... Although you, BW and Ciro did have a few bumps in Race 1, I thought it was pretty well-controlled compared to various other series... You weren't really taken out that badly in Race 2, and Race 1 was partially your fault (maybe 60-70% of the blame is yours... last corner isn't a good passing zone :lol:)


And especially compared to this:




Since you mention iRacing.
 
With all due respect, I was the one being passed in the last turn. I made a mistake in the turn 13; however, that doesn't mean that it's my fault for getting put into the wall...

Also, that Iracing video would be 10X worse if it was GT if GT had a damage model
 
With all due respect, I was the one being passed in the last turn. I made a mistake in the turn 13; however, that doesn't mean that it's my fault for getting put into the wall...

Also, that Iracing video would be 10X worse if it was GT if GT had a damage model

No, but I would side with Blake for having the line through the corner, given that he had the whole front half of his car ahead of your car, on the inside and the only reason the contact was made was the mis-step on your part of being on his outside when he (as most would expect) aimed for the second apex in the final corner. Because it's a chicane, we can assume that Blake was aiming to hit both apexes... That's what pushed you onto the berm and made you shoot across the track, landing against the pit lane wall... I'm going to have to call that one a racing incident, since you really pushed the envelope in defending your position by trying to go around the outside in that corner.. That kind of move rarely ever works. Ask polar what happened to us last season when we went through there side-by-side.



And, @nascarfan1400 will make his own crash highlights reel at Bathurst. We've already got source material. :sly:
 
I'm shocked to see myself that high up again, but I guess the practice did pay off. Of course, @GTracer98 has figured out the secret secrets I've been telling him about over and over again, so he's now much faster... So we'll have to see.

These secrets are obvious when you know them, not when you haven't got the slightest idea of what Andrew is trying to tell. :lol:
 
If the bonus points are for pole and the fastest laps for each race how come 4 people got bonus points instead of 3?
 
Well, Honda's now well and truly ahead in Manufacturer's, in front of Audi by 66 points, and Ford by 229 points. :eek:


...And Ascari Autosports is now leading the Team's Championship, by 16 points over FPR and 17 over T&TR. RRRT is doing miserably. :lol: But we're ahead of our rivals, so that - at least - is a win.


...And I'm now second overall, only 5 points (because @gtpcaine got fastest lap in Race 2) behind caine. If I had gotten those five bonus points, I would've been 5 points in the lead. ;)

Yeah that fastest lap was crutial for me. I'm hoping this will be a drop round for me anyway after that shocker. Was so tired last night. Motegi took it out of me, and put me in a bad mood.

Lap 1 was a warm up for me, as the focus is so different to the R8 I had been driving. Completely misjudged the final chicane on lap 1, and ended up miles back. Took me a few laps to get back into the rhythm of things. Here is a video from the race.

  • My Fastest Lap
  • Nas Banzai'ing the first chicane and pushing past Buck
  • My overtakes
  • My battle with Mel (Mel's rear view and then my front view)


Mel, our battle was actually really annoying for me. The places I was faster, I couldn't overtake. And I had no chance of outbraking you anywhere as that Honda is 🤬 quick down the straights. I know I bumped you a few times down the straight, but the times I didnt, even with a draft you were still pulling away! For the final two laps I started making mistakes due to anger, and Ciro capitalised and claimed 2nd. One to forget for me! :lol: Bring on the Misty Mountain!
 
If the bonus points are for pole and the fastest laps for each race how come 4 people got bonus points instead of 3?
Its fastest lap x2 and most laps lead x2
 
My banzai did not result in any fatalities, so it's better than preseason lol.
 
:lol: but is weird and surprising. You know that it's slower, right?


Also, @gtpcaine, I had to grab every tool out of my "mental toolbox" for that one... I even started controlling my breathing (think, it's either yoga or serious sniper business) to ensure I could make apexes. It'd been a seriously long time since I had found my flow, but I definitely found it yesterday... And you were still two seconds faster! :eek: I'm just glad I kept it on the island... That was a well-fought dice. I was wondering why my (brand new racing) brakes were starting to fade, but didn't realize until now that you were basically bumping me all the way past some of my braking spots. :lol: Amazing how Ciro was able to capitalize on you slowing down my corner entries by pushing me wide of my apexes. :p


I was brought up in 4-cycle karting... Which is basically an organized demolition derby where everyone pushes you past your braking point. Holding people off is one of the things I do best. ;)
 
My banzai did not result in any fatalities, so it's better than preseason lol.
Was a little naughty with Buck IMO but hey ho.

I was wondering why my (brand new racing) brakes were starting to fade, but didn't realize until now that you were basically bumping me all the way past some of my braking spots.

Haha yeah, I could maintain a higher apex speed than you, but going offline would cost me more time than just pushing you around. Hence why I couldn't overtake.
 
Back