RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,418 views
Then everyone not in a Ford is at a disadvantage because they don't have the option of running a flat floor.
I'll let you know tomorrow. The ford might handle like poo without the flat floor, resulting in a balance like Andrew said. Higher top speed / less cornering grip or slower top speed / better grip. If the end lap time is the same with/without it makes no difference. Trial Mountain is quite a technical track, and I was just as fast in the S4 as I was in the Ford. Only .2 off in the Honda aswell with a poor setup, so the floor didn't give that much advantage grip wise. However, if I can corner just as well without the floor, and gain down the straights then we might have to rethink.
 
@gtpcaine, couldn't have said that better myself! I did spec the Ford with and without the flat floor, and you have verified time after time that the Ford's physics haven't changed, but I don't know if the physics without flat floor have changed.


However, I'm not convinced it makes a difference in lap times... In ITCC 3, the Ford was at the same specs as all of the other cars, and had equal performance... That is still the case, even right now, with the flat floor. I'm really not sure how much performance the Ford can gain/lose. However, I've certainly noticed that - despite the low straight-line speed - the Ford is actually quite quick in terms of lap times.
 
@gtpcaine, couldn't have said that better myself! I did spec the Ford with and without the flat floor, and you have verified time after time that the Ford's physics haven't changed, but I don't know if the physics without flat floor have changed.


However, I'm not convinced it makes a difference in lap times... In ITCC 3, the Ford was at the same specs as all of the other cars, and had equal performance... That is still the case, even right now, with the flat floor. I'm really not sure how much performance the Ford can gain/lose. However, I've certainly noticed that - despite the low straight-line speed - the Ford is actually quite quick in terms of lap times.
Can we set up a 1-on-1 in 30-50 min?
 
SRKiAxb.jpg


The camber returns this Saturday.
 
Consistency will help here... Look at nas's signature... "No emotion at all" so that you can find the flow without too muxh anxiety. This track has excellent flow, but it's tricky as heck not to hit anything between Cutting and the Esses. Love that section, though. I almost managed to pass nas there.
 
Good racing with @ITCC_Andrew, I have literally began taking notes to look over in my Free time. I learned quite a lot today, aswell as something that gets me off guard a lot (refer to my sig). Look out guys, I'm coming!

EDIT: Shaved off a whole second on my previous PB. :)
 
Good racing with @ITCC_Andrew, I have literally began taking notes to look over in my Free time. I learned quite a lot today, aswell as something that gets me off guard a lot (refer to my sig). Look out guys, I'm coming!

EDIT: Shaved off a whole second on my previous PB. :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)


I post that a lot, but I think it is (outside of the whole fairness/anyone can have a chance at winning) one of the founding principles of ITCC.

Basically, I hope everyone can enjoy becoming faster - naturally - by practicing and relaxing... Enjoying the series.

Just have fun, find the flow, and let's have a good race. Especially you, @nascarfan1400, could probably benefit most from finding the flow. When you don't make mistakes, and you relax and don't feel negative emotions, and you can start to feel the flow, that's when your lap times tumble, because your driving goes from conscious thought to the much faster subconscious thought. Conscious thought is way slower than subconscious thought. Drive with the "back" of your mind... :)
 
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)


I post that a lot, but I think it is (outside of the whole fairness/anyone can have a chance at winning) one of the founding principles of ITCC.

Basically, I hope everyone can enjoy becoming faster - naturally - by practicing and relaxing... Enjoying the series.

Just have fun, find the flow, and let's have a good race. Especially you, @nascarfan1400, could probably benefit most from finding the flow. When you don't make mistakes, and you relax and don't feel negative emotions, and you can start to feel the flow, that's when your lap times tumble, because your driving goes from conscious thought to the much faster subconscious thought. Conscious thought is way slower than subconscious thought. Drive with the "back" of your mind... :)
It wouldn't hurt if he didn't Banzai people 3 times in 1 lap...
 
It wouldn't hurt if he didn't Banzai people 3 times in 1 lap...
More like once. Passing on the inside doesn't mean dive bomb...

@ITCC_Andrew doesn't hurt to know how to take the corners, either. Apparently through Reid park I'm faster than you?
 
It is difficult to follow through there. One slip-up, and you'll bump the car in front, so I choose to back it off a bit. In terms of qualifying pace, I think we'll break even. 👍
 
It is difficult to follow through there. One slip-up, and you'll bump the car in front, so I choose to back it off a bit. In terms of qualifying pace, I think we'll break even. 👍
No for a number of reasons.
1. I go faster in the race.
2. I cannot qualify to save my life
3. You're an alien.

You'll beat me by about .5 in that sector alone.
 
What was I just saying about negative emotions? Stop stressing about qualifying. Set yourself an immediate goal, and consider what you need to do to achieve it. Keep thinking about the smaller steps.
 
What was I just saying about negative emotions? Stop stressing about qualifying. Set yourself an immediate goal, and consider what you need to do to achieve it. Keep thinking about the smaller steps.
Ladies and gentlemen- Dr.Geier lol.
 
With derivative works of the great Dr. Csentzhimalhedgrtnbgji.


Sorry, I actually really like the guy, but it's too hard to spell his name.
 
Ok, just ran without the floor. Gained 11mph down conrod and into the limiter.

2'17.2 with a mistake and the same setup as with the floor, so once I do setup work into the 16's no problem. I had to lift at Sulman Park and McPhillamy Park, so it is definitely slower going up through the twisty stuff, but that might change once I put a decent setup on it.

Now, if the majority of people can manage 18's, the 16's I could do wouldn't be far of the usual gap at the start of the week (1.5 - 2 sec). However if people are in the mid 19's + then IMO the Ford must run with the floor. Only issue would be overtaking. It's near on impossible to overtake through the twisty stuff here due to the high speeds. And with the floor, the Ford would be a sitting duck down the straight. Even if I pull a gap up the mountain, that would be gone down conrod, and I wouldn't be able to defend due to speed difference.
 
I'm running consistent 2:18s. :) until I get stuck behind someone.
 
I'm going to do some running tonight so I will let you know my times 👍
 
I'm going to do some running tonight so I will let you know my times 👍
I'm still in a lobby if you want to join. Eating dinner right now so will be away for 20 mins or so.
 
I'm still in a lobby if you want to join. Eating dinner right now so will be away for 20 mins or so.
Thanks for the offer but I won't be on for a while 9ish
 
I had a quick practice yesterday and was in the 23s , but today i've been meditating hommmmmm and the chi is strong in me, so hoping to improve right now and get my car up there with the big boys 👍
 
I had a quick practice yesterday and was in the 23s , but today i've been meditating hommmmmm and the chi is strong in me, so hoping to improve right now and get my car up there with the big boys 👍
Unfortunately I'm only sitting at high 22's :(
 
Not coming on now as I'm going to slay some panzas & zombies with my fire staff.
 
Not coming on now as I'm going to slay some panzas & zombies with my fire staff.

Have you been hanging around with sparkytooth :)
 
:lol: see what happens when I go to class?

Fire staffs, zombies and panzas? :odd:
 
Back