RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,360 views
Here we go, I've got a whole five years, not seasons, years win the rising star award, the AAS's are going to be going at it for the rising star!
 
So, what lap times are the most usual right now? 2:18-ish?
 
So, what lap times are the most usual right now? 2:18-ish?
I'm running consistent 2:19.2s in race trim without draft. Hopefully, then, my qualifying laps will be 2:18s.
 
Sussed my issue with the Audi:

audi.jpg

I think that may be why it kicks out under braking! :lol:
 
ive been working near bury today caine, little saxham behind the Combine dealer.
 
ive been working near bury today caine, little saxham behind the Combine dealer.
Within 2 miles of me then! I can almost see Claas from where I live.
 
No, small England, big world, small England
Yeah well what's in the top left corner of your flag? :lol: Remember that!

I'm planning on a holiday down under in the relative future... for 1 reason... V8's!
 
If you do come to the Tasmania round, I might see you!
 
@nascarfan1400, @buck1, @Gedi69, @AonsoFan46, you guys should run 305 hp for this weekend and (maybe) Spa. Further testing required for Spa, but the Audi will receive a smaller restriction (bigger restrictor) on wide-open tracks with speeds above 260 km/h. Honda is hitting 261 km/h at Bathurst, so you guys will lag behind without the extra 10 hp. That's why the Audi is a bit sluggish in straights.

I don't like the sound of this, and not just for the obvious reason that the opposition gets more power. Remember the Audi is 4wd, so already to its advantage it fires off every time at the start (watch the replays), usually gaining at least a handful of positions; then if you did a wet race it would just dominate everything hands down, and also it is probably the easiest to drive consistently without crashing on most tracks because of the drivetrain. Everyone who chose it for the season knew about the speed not being great but also they knew about all the other big advantages it came with like the few I just mentioned.

You want to give more power to the car that has won the most races, which pretty much gets straight to the front off the line at the start of most races anyway. When this happens effectively it makes it the Audi drivers race to lose (especially on hard to overtake tracks like Monaco where the fast starting advantage is even more significant), ok they may not be quick in a straight line but it's in the skill of the driver to defend to hold position like Buck did last round.

Surely it's the challenge of the race calendar to create a diverse track range where one car isn't always fastest? If you change the spec on the fly for one car/driver then it would only be fair to change specs of every other car at tracks where they were slower (Again this could lead back to the Handicap debate thing but I won't go there). And things like this should have been discovered during testing/pre-season instead of during the official season?

I know I probably didn't explain it very good but hopefully you can see the point I am trying to make...
 
Last edited:
Agreed @Siggers think about when we get to Monaco next week, they'll probably sweep the podium. As well as that, that's what's great about touring car racing, different cars have different attributes.
 
A wild RESHIRAM5 appeared :P.

If there is room open, I was wondering if maybe I can watch the race, I won't be able to stay for the full distance but.
 
I don't think the Audi will sweep Monaco. It's too heavy to be fast around there.

And I think you'll find the Ford has most wins! :D

Also, Monaco is in 3 weeks not next.

And while I'm here, even at 305 in my hands the Audi is still over a second off the pace. Nearly 2 seconds off at 295.
 
Last edited:
The Audi boost was stated to only be in effect for this race, and spa...
 
The Audi boost was stated to only be in effect for this race, and spa...

This. It's completely unfair for Audi at straight-line tracks, but as @buck1 proved at Trial Mountain, 295 hp is plenty at a curvy track. :p


The Audi may have drivetrain loss. At small tracks, it's equal on pace... But this week, it's a second slower, even with the 305 hp boost. And, given the equality of the other cars (each car runs within 0.2 of each other, has same top speed at every track, and has the same cornering speed) the Audi is the only outlier. The Audi - and I hate to say this - basically still has no chance of winning at Bathurst. Yes, the Audi drivers knew that their car was slow in a straight line, but they didn't know that it was 2 seconds slower per lap at the 1 track.
 
Last edited:
This. It's completely unfair for Audi at straight-line tracks, but as @buck1 proved at Trial Mountain, 295 hp is plenty at a curvy track. :p


The Audi may have drivetrain loss. At small tracks, it's equal on pace... But this week, it's a second slower, even with the 305 hp boost. And, given the equality of the other cars (each car runs within 0.2 of each other, has same top speed at every track, and has the same cornering speed) the Audi is the only outlier. The Audi - and I hate to say this - basically still has no chance of winning at Bathurst. Yes, the Audi drivers knew that their car was slow in a straight line, but they didn't know that it was 2 seconds slower per lap at the 1 track.
Guess us Audi-ites will need to rely on consistency and others misfortune this time around, and maybe good pit strategy in the big one!
 
Still... Everything else then.
Yeah, I think Siggers had it right.

Audi should use AWD launch to their advantage this weekend especially. A good start and a good first lap will be helpful... And drafting will be crucial. Mistakes will be too costly... If you lose the draft in an Audi, you'll lose like a second per lap... The top of the mountain is your forté.... So use it to your advantage.
 
But the Esses are my demise lol...

Well, as Caine posted a photo of, the Audi's tail end is lifting under braking in some places. Just be careful in braking, and the rest of the Esses just simply falls into place... :)
 
GTP: Ettick
PSN: Ettick_
Car: Honda Accord Euro-R '02
Team: Red Rain Racing Team
Type: Independent Driver, Factory Team
 
Aha! For when YaShoe is away, I have another great teammate and friend to join me. :)
 
Aha! For when YaShoe is away, I have another great teammate and friend to join me. :)
Nooooo! Red Bull is done for, seeing as I've heard nothing from Alonso.
 
Back