RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,319 views
I'm not worried about the one with nas last turn lap 2 race 1, because surely you can't block that heavily and swerve in the breaking zone.
 
In that case, I might be able to get points done tonight. Maybe.
 
I'm not worried about the one with nas last turn lap 2 race 1, because surely you can't block that heavily and swerve in the breaking zone.
It's taking my racing line, and running in the middle. Perfectly legal.
 
It's taking my racing line, and running in the middle. Perfectly legal.



As you can see from the first video, you did go on the grass. But imo, like I said to Mel, it was a racing incident. You ran wide and spun, there was a little bit of lag from BW, and it all just happened so fast and out of the control of anyone. The main casualty from this was Ettick. The second video, shows you losing control, crashing into Bw who hits DM and DM lost a position because of this.
 
Are you suggesting after all this, I should be penalized?
 
I'd say the first was just a crash, so no penalty for anyone, the second, I'm not sure.
 
I'd say the first was just a crash, so no penalty for anyone, the second, I'm not sure.
Second one was because, and you can take mels word for it, in that corner, my Audi is horribly unstable.
 
Second one was because, and you can take mels word for it, in that corner, my Audi is horribly unstable.

Well, in that exact spot I lost control in race 1, so you're not alone.
 
The only difference is Nas's mistake cost another driver a position. We can see it wasn't intentional and I can vouch for you saying the Audi is unstable under braking, but whatever way you look at it, your mistake cost Dm a position. Yes it was to his team-mate, so not so bad, but that's not the point.

EDIT

I don't want you to feel picked on, as I know what it feels like to be the victim on screen at the time. The intensity of the moment clouds your vision. Same for everyone, even IRL racing drivers. It's always the other guy. Sometimes you just need to take a step back, and watch it again before casting judgement. As in most cases, it doesn't unfold like you saw on the track at the time.
 
Last edited:
The only difference is Nas's mistake cost another driver a position. We can see it wasn't intentional and I can vouch for you saying the Audi is unstable under braking, but whatever way you look at it, your mistake cost Dm a position. Yes it was to his team-mate, so not so bad, but that's not the point.
So an accident results in a penalty!? Sorry, if that's the case everyone gets a ban for bump drafting. :crazy:

And if that's the case, Blake would get a penalty for crashing Caine in Silverstone.
 
So an accident results in a penalty!? Sorry, if that's the case everyone gets a ban for bump drafting. :crazy:

And if that's the case, Blake would get a penalty for crashing Caine in Silverstone.
Bump drafting is allowed in the rules. And the incident between me + BW at S'Stone was just as much my fault as it was BW's, hence the lack of penalty.

EDIT

And it's not my decision on penalties. I just say what I see and leave it for everyone else to make their own opinion.
 
Bump drafting is allowed in the rules. And the incident between me + BW at S'Stone was just as much my fault as it was BW's, hence the lack of penalty.

EDIT

And it's not my decision on penalties. I just say what I see and leave it for everyone else to make their own opinion.
How the hell was it your fault? You had nothing to do with it?
 
How the hell was it your fault? You had nothing to do with it?
Down the straight before the wipeout, BW was pushing into me because of lag. I took it for so long, and then retaliated. It just so happened at the point of retaliation, BW's rear wheels were inline with my front, causing BW to spin, and eventually take me out. Technically it was my fault more than Bw's but it cost me more time than him, so it was a self penalty really. Hence no official penalty.

EDIT

I can't speak for Mel, but IMO, and what I do in the WGTC, If I see a driver commit an offence, but self penalise sufficiently, I will let the incident go. If they do something wrong and just carry on, then I penalise.
 
There are a total of 0 penalties from Race 2.


There's 1 in Race 1, from where nas pushes Siggers into the wall (Caine has a video already) and possibly more to come.
 
Down the straight before the wipeout, BW was pushing into me because of lag. I took it for so long, and then retaliated. It just so happened at the point of retaliation, BW's rear wheels were inline with my front, causing BW to spin, and eventually take me out. Technically it was my fault more than Bw's but it cost me more time than him, so it was a self penalty really. Hence no official penalty.
... So why exactly would I be penalized? Just because I crashed, and it took out another racer, I wouldn't get a penalty. Please give me a real life example of this situation.
 
There are a total of 0 penalties from Race 2.


There's 1 in Race 1, from where nas pushes Siggers into the wall (Caine has a video already) and possibly more to come.
Launching an appeal.
I was divebombed by sig.
 
Did I not say that there may be more penalties to come?





.......... Please remain patient while I sort through this nonsense.
 
Launching an appeal.
I was divebombed by sig.

This is my opinion on the incident:


Yes Sig did dive up the inside, but you can see from the replay, he lifts on exit (half throttle) to concede the position back, and sticks to the right hand side. However you drive across the track into Sig, and push him into the wall. You didn't leave a car's width outside of you. Had you have just carried on as normal, Sig would have slotted in behind you and no issue.

... So why exactly would I be penalized? Just because I crashed, and it took out another racer, I wouldn't get a penalty. Please give me a real life example of this situation.

I never said you should get a penalty, I just stated the difference between your loss of control there and DM's.

EDIT

And I refer to my previous edit about the heat of the moment.
 
Umm... that block down the straight?
 



As you can see from the first video, you did go on the grass. But imo, like I said to Mel, it was a racing incident. You ran wide and spun, there was a little bit of lag from BW, and it all just happened so fast and out of the control of anyone. The main casualty from this was Ettick. The second video, shows you losing control, crashing into Bw who hits DM and DM lost a position because of this.

I could be wrong but it looked to me like Ettick tapped Nascar's right rear quarter panel in the first video, knocking him into the grass which led to the incident.
 
I could be wrong but it looked to me like Ettick tapped Nascar's right rear quarter panel in the first video, knocking him into the grass which led to the incident.
It's hard to tell, the physics reaction would suggest so, but the graphical evidence doesn't show them touching. It would be very harsh to judge an incident on a perimeter issue with PD's objects because the driver's view would have had space between them.
 
This is my opinion on the incident:


Yes Sig did dive up the inside, but you can see from the replay, he lifts on exit (half throttle) to concede the position back, and sticks to the right hand side. However you drive across the track into Sig, and push him into the wall. You didn't leave a car's width outside of you. Had you have just carried on as normal, Sig would have slotted in behind you and no issue.

.


GTPOLR:

As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice However, they're not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you're responsible.

It's hard to tell, the physics reaction would suggest so, but the graphical evidence doesn't show them touching. It would be very harsh to judge an incident on a perimeter issue with PD's objects because the driver's view would have had space between them.
It is hard to tell, but in the video at 0:31 ish you can see Nas's car do a little shudder as contact is made. You might be able to hear the contact with a good sound system and using Ettick's view or Nas's rear view if there is contact.
 
Back