RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,319 views
Well by that, Nas gets a penalty anyway.
That's for Mel to decide, I'm just butting in uninvited with an unbiased opinion because I have no stake in the game and I'm a stickler for rules...:lol: To me the other incident is more clear cut. It's a clear cut blocking attempt because the following car was too close to change lanes. However, I blame PD for much of that. You can't drive your car looking backwards so you never know how close someone is to you until they are right on you with the stupid arrow system. When you had the mini-map available there was no excuse, you only had to glance up at the map and you could see where everyone was around you. Now you have to take your eyes off the road to be sure. Nice going PD, take something that works really well and replace it with something that sucks 👎
 
We run with a "1 move rule" versus the "0 move rule..."


Because the "0 moves" means that something someone does with good intentions (getting back on racing line for a corner) could be taken to be a penalty... Instead, if you move both directions across a track, it's obviously intentional, and it's obviously punishable.


But, with that said, the OLRs say that if you cause a crash (or, cause a car to leave the racing surface) you are responsible. So, that's the part nas didn't get right.
 
but I returned to my line and kept it there
True, and it didn't lead directly to an incident, but it did prevent the following car from making a legitimate draft pass and being ahead of you into the following corner, in which case the next incident likely wouldn't have occurred.

But again, unless you are driving around the course with the "look back" button pressed it's awfully hard to know when someone is about to make a pass attempt until the arrows pop up and then it's too late.
 
but I returned to my line and kept it there
But apparently the OLR say you can't react to a move, you must instigate it. Personaly I use the OLR as a base guideline, not definitive. Also I personaly use the chase cam so the only time I have a rear view is when I physically press down on my dpad on my DFGT. Like Johnny said, you can only look one place at a time.

EDIT

Anyway, this is going on for too long. How about this to lighten the mood:

 
That's for Mel to decide, I'm just butting in uninvited with an unbiased opinion because I have no stake in the game and I'm a stickler for rules...:lol: To me the other incident is more clear cut. It's a clear cut blocking attempt because the following car was too close to change lanes. However, I blame PD for much of that. You can't drive your car looking backwards so you never know how close someone is to you until they are right on you with the stupid arrow system. When you had the mini-map available there was no excuse, you only had to glance up at the map and you could see where everyone was around you. Now you have to take your eyes off the road to be sure. Nice going PD, take something that works really well and replace it with something that sucks 👎
I have map set to full, but doesn't matter anyways as it's allowed.
 
Weirdly, I drive 5% of the race with the rear view button pressed... Call me a genius or something! :lol:
 
I'm warning you the minute I took the lead anytime I got to a straight I would be looking backwards.
 
But, I've heard that - apparently - you won a fair race. Don't look back if you don't need to. With Caine being a couple hundred feet behind, you shouldn't even need to.
 
I have map set to full, but doesn't matter anyways as it's allowed.
You misunderstood. In GT5 you could scale the minimap. Level 2 let you see everyone within about 1 second behind you. Not available in GT6 and the scale is fixed and so large it's almost useless. GT5 was much better.
 
But, I've heard that - apparently - you won a fair race. Don't look back if you don't need to. With Caine being a couple hundred feet behind, you shouldn't even need to.
Well according to driver bios even if I'm 1ft behind I wont make a move :lol:
 
Because your always leading :p
I wish!

dano = 20
andrew =19
yashoe = 19
buck = 19
bw = 19
dm = 19
nas = 18
aonso = 18
caine = 18
gedi = 17

technically I'm the 2nd worst driver in ITCC
 
I wish!

dano = 20
andrew =19
yashoe = 19
buck = 19
bw = 19
dm = 19
nas = 18
aonso = 18
caine = 18
gedi = 17

technically I'm the 2nd worst driver in ITCC
What's that? Laps led?
 
Did Andrew score himself? He should get a 7! :lol:
 
Driver bio total score.

Aggression can be a negative thing. Consistency can be a negative thing... Basically, winning requires a balance of everything, not too much aggression, not too much cruise control/consistency...

But you can't go wrong with speed.


Anyways, the idea behind the driver ratings is basically just to ensure that the people who read the thread kinda know what's going on.
 
So how many points, If any, have I lost at this point...
 
I should have -1 in consistency and +1 in aggression, in my opinion. At least, that's how I rate myself. :lol:
 
Different people need different amounts of sleep.
 
Back