RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,316 views
I have a feeling Andrew fell asleep, his head hit the key board and the end result was probably along the lines of this:
ITCC Poinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... You get it :lol:
 
... So why exactly would I be penalized? Just because I crashed, and it took out another racer, I wouldn't get a penalty. Please give me a real life example of this situation.

Remember last season in Tokyo? I was involved in an incident that completely took out another car(BW I think?) and was disqualified as a result. Although my car never made contact with his it was me that started the chain reaction of collisions, this is a similar situation to that incident. I didn't want to admit I caused it but after seeing the replay I just had to admit I was being too aggressive.

Nas I understand the 1 move rule but the reason I am not happy is because of how late you changed lines.

This is from OLR:
As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice However, they're not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you're responsible.

I am sorry for honking you I was getting frustrated because you were repeatedly doing it. I didn't mean to dive-bomb you and I know that overtaking move was a little ambitious, but you knew I was there right behind you (you went from middle to left then back to middle) so you could have left space to avoid the collision space instead of turning in on me.

I was going to let you have the position back by allowing you up the inside next turn but instead you just pushed me against the barrier. You knew I was up the inside so I don't get how you couldn't know I was there still on the corner exit?

Also what hasn't been shown in the video is where you yourself dive-bombed and barged your way past me lap 1 T3, which actually caused me to then lose another position to Buck. Then also at the end of the final lap you cut across the grass and kept going full throttle, gaining time. You did a similar thing in that replay from race 2 also.

I am really not trying to have a go, I know you are a decent driver we have had some good battles on other tracks. I don't like mentioning and arguing about incidents on the thread because I think it's just immature, unprofessional and there is little point; but I feel the need to clarify my side of the story and reasons so hopefully we can all learn from this round and become better drivers.
 
Last edited:
So special SSR5 next :indiff: another track that's not for this kind of racing. Who chose this track :dunce: ? i can probably guess :rolleyes:
 
Remember last season in Tokyo? I was involved in an incident that completely took out another car(BW I think?) and was disqualified as a result. Although my car never made contact with his it was me that started the chain reaction of collisions, this is a similar situation to that incident. I didn't want to admit I caused it but after seeing the replay I just had to admit I was being too aggressive.

Nas I understand the 1 move rule but the reason I am not happy is because of how late you changed lines.

This is from OLR:
As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice However, they're not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you're responsible.

I am sorry for honking you I was getting frustrated because you were repeatedly doing it. I didn't mean to dive-bomb you and I know that overtaking move was a little ambitious, but you knew I was there right behind you (you went from middle to left then back to middle) so you could have left space to avoid the collision space instead of turning in on me.

I was going to let you have the position back by allowing you up the inside next turn but instead you just pushed me against the barrier. You knew I was up the inside so I don't get how you couldn't know I was there still on the corner exit?

Also what hasn't been shown in the video is where you yourself dive-bombed and barged your way past me lap 1 T3, which actually caused me to then lose another position to Buck. Then also at the end of the final lap you cut across the grass and kept going full throttle, gaining time. You did a similar thing in that replay from race 2 also.

I am really not trying to have a go, I know you are a decent driver we have had some good battles on other tracks. I don't like mentioning and arguing about incidents on the thread because I think it's just immature, unprofessional and there is little point; but I feel the need to clarify my side of the story and reasons so hopefully we can all learn from this round and become better drivers.
Well in turn 3, it wasn't really a dive bomb, I was less than 2 car lengths behind, and I was beside you for a second before you made a turn, assuming you race chase view, and you came in on me. Not saying it's your fault, just clarifying it wasn't a dive bomb. And my cut across grass, I did let off upon cutting, and did not gain any ground anyways, nor did it affect anyone's race, so that isn't a big deal.
 
Sorry about that last race, I'd only had the car for like a day or so and its tune was primitive at best. I had a ton of problems with oversteer (in an FWD car, yes), which when combined with my natural tendency to push cars too hard ended up with me crashing headfirst into a wall.

That also happened on the qualifying lap, though not quite as badly...
 
Last edited:
Sorry about that last race, I'd only had the car for like a day or so and its tune was primitive at best. I had a ton of problems with oversteer (in an FWD car, yes), which when combined with my natural tendency to push cars too hard ended up with me crashing headfirst into a wall.

:ouch: After that crash you must have looked like your avatar :)
 
I'd sign up but I inevitably get disconnected any time there are more than 5 or 6 people in a lobby.
 
Last edited:
@PsuPepperoni, I mean - you're invited, which is why I send you the invites, but feel free to tell me to knock it off, or to join us. Your connection stability doesn't scare me, but rather makes me want to help. :) We'll discuss.


@Ettick_, yeah, no worries. I didn't hear any complaints about your driving or anything, so you're good. We'll sort a tune out with more neutral characteristics soon.


@nascarfan1400, I took the night and the morning and afternoon to deliberate with myself while doing my chores and working on the Subaru... I'm down to two options: in one, I remove points from Race 1 for everything that happened to you with Siggers, and give him a warning about the divebomb which "put you off of your emotionless driving..." And, in the other option, I simply say "don't come to SSR5, you're serving a penalty for it."

So, those are the two points possibilities... You either lose 36 or all points from SSR5. We can't have you driving other cars straight into walls, especially with the city circuits part of the schedule coming up: Monaco, SSR5... Cutting corners and other tomfoolery will also not be accepted, but don't carry as large of a penalty as intentionally shoving someone into a wall.


And the flip side of that coin, @Siggers, please dial back the late-braking pass attempts, to ensure that everyone gets along fine.


Everyone else: thanks for remaining on-topic (:rolleyes:) and not being directly offensive of each other ( :) ).


@buck1, your jabs about track choices are not appreciated, I don't think you've ever driven a lap of SSR5 in these cars yet.
 
@PsuPepperoni, I mean - you're invited, which is why I send you the invites, but feel free to tell me to knock it off, or to join us. Your connection stability doesn't scare me, but rather makes me want to help. :) We'll discuss.


@Ettick_, yeah, no worries. I didn't hear any complaints about your driving or anything, so you're good. We'll sort a tune out with more neutral characteristics soon.


@nascarfan1400, I took the night and the morning and afternoon to deliberate with myself while doing my chores and working on the Subaru... I'm down to two options: in one, I remove points from Race 1 for everything that happened to you with Siggers, and give him a warning about the divebomb which "put you off of your emotionless driving..." And, in the other option, I simply say "don't come to SSR5, you're serving a penalty for it."

So, those are the two points possibilities... You either lose 36 or all points from SSR5. We can't have you driving other cars straight into walls, especially with the city circuits part of the schedule coming up: Monaco, SSR5... Cutting corners and other tomfoolery will also not be accepted, but don't carry as large of a penalty as intentionally shoving someone into a wall.


And the flip side of that coin, @Siggers, please dial back the late-braking pass attempts, to ensure that everyone gets along fine.


Everyone else: thanks for remaining on-topic (:rolleyes:) and not being directly offensive of each other ( :) ).


@buck1, your jabs about track choices are not appreciated, I don't think you've ever driven a lap of SSR5 in these cars yet.
Whatever, I'm not in any contention to win anything at this point. And because of NASCAR Im 65% sure I won't be at SSR anyways. I honestly don't care. At this rate of stewarding, next thing you know is passing is illegal. Getting a penalty for retaliating on what would be a penalty to Sig in the first place isridiculous. And TBH, I tested the Audi at SSR, and @buck1 is right. I honestly don't know why we are going there. But, as I am already having no chance at winning points, my only thing I'm caring about at this point is winning. Which as long as making a pass is illegal, that won't happen. So take my 36 points. :rolleyes:
 
"passing won't happen..."



:odd: We had plenty of passing. You were the one making it difficult to pass. And Caine, but that's because he's Caine..
 
As crazy as it sounds, since you two are biased against each other, I think @Furinkazen should be a second official. I know what your thinking, but think:
If you go for something, given Furi's nature, he will go to earths end finding evidence to disprove it, and vice versa....
 
As crazy as it sounds, since you two are biased against each other, I think @Furinkazen should be a second official. I know what your thinking, but think:
If you go for something, given Furi's nature, he will go to earths end finding evidence to disprove it, and vice versa....
As crazy as it sounds, this is actually a brilliant idea. Don't know if Furi would be interested in doing it, though.
 
@Famine has told us not to talk to each other. Who's Furinkazen?


/endstory

He actually said to us to set aside any arguments. Not that we can't talk to each other.
 
So, you being a steward in a series you were once banned from... Why is that a good idea?


:odd:



I do not endorse this idea, and it's my series... Which I'm here to run because I have no plans of being banned. Thanks for the very, very strange offer, Furinkazen, but I must decline so that we can continue to agree to disagree for Famine's sakes.
 
Or so you can continue to be the only steward which does not make for a good series.

Regardless, we need at least one more steward...
 
Fair enough :)
 
Heres the memes/comics:
0ITCC_Comic2.jpg
0ITCC_Comic1.jpg
 
Does anyone else, except nas, think that my stewarding is unfair? Anyone? Caine? Buck? Siggers? Ciro? Bdub? Gedi?


I mean, nonsense to that "the stewarding is unfair here because I got a penalty."
 
Back