RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,308 views
He never showed a sign of slowing, he drove right of. No. I'm not allowing it. That negates the penalty he would of had by me settling it there.

From iRacing:


7. Dive bombing!! “What is a dive bomb?” I hear you shout. It is when you attempt an overtake by trying to out-brake your opponent from a car length (or more) away. Inevitably you will be traveling too quick to make the corner, your opponent will not expect such a ridiculous move. They will turn-in while you are still trying to stop the car and BAM! Kiss your Safety Rating good bye. This is Route Two to losing friends on track. Yep, you guessed it, see Point One.


So, yes, Siggers did that. Oops. He tried to let you back in front and you smashed him into a wall.
 
And what group made this decision? Last time I checked, this is not iRacing...
 
No he didn't. He let of the throttle, yes, but nas was still ahead at that point. He went full throttle when him and nas were level, and because Nas had a severely affected exit speed he passed him. There was 1 change of position, and that was sig going past Nas before he pushed him into the wall. If he was letting him through, he should have let nas get fully ahead, not level.

If I hit you going into the last corner, pushing you wide, would you really say it was acceptable for me to pass you on the next straight, given that I have just pushed you wide and compromised your corner?
Have a look at this Mel. He put this in better words than I could,
 
And what group made this decision? Last time I checked, this is not iRacing...

No, but I was quoting a definition of what divebombing is, to make my point that Siggers did divebomb you. Are you seriously contradicting the one thing that's stopping me from banning you on the spot? If Siggers didn't divebomb you, and you pushed him into a wall, you would be banned. But, since it's "retaliation," you're only getting a penalty. Note: I'm enacting a zero tolerance policy regarding shoving people into walls and calling it what it is: the "jerk found a wall move." You saw your opponent beside you, and you saw a wall. You put two and two together, and found that you could slow your opponent down.


That's not racing. That's a toddler playing Need for Speed.
 
No, but I was quoting a definition of what divebombing is, to make my point that Siggers did divebomb you. Are you seriously contradicting the one thing that's stopping me from banning you on the spot? If Siggers didn't divebomb you, and you pushed him into a wall, you would be banned. But, since it's "retaliation," you're only getting a penalty. Note: I'm enacting a zero tolerance policy regarding shoving people into walls and calling it what it is: the "jerk found a wall move." You saw your opponent beside you, and you saw a wall. You put two and two together, and found that you could slow your opponent down.


That's not racing. That's a toddler playing Need for Speed.
:dunce: on my part on the divebomb.

But he never showed a noticeable sign of slowing down. Nor was I going to wait for him to clear me to find out.
 
Nas deserves a penalty for the block. Let's forget all the other stuff. That's a result of what happened. I would dump you too if I was forced off track on a straight
 
:dunce: on my part on the divebomb.

But he never showed a noticeable sign of slowing down. Nor was I going to wait for him to clear me to find out.

And therein lies the problem. If you have a problem, you don't shove people in the wall to solve it. You race the rest of the race cleanly. Look at Turn 1, of Race 1. Do it, okay? Caine pushes me onto the sand. Oops. I chased him hard, reviewed a version of the replay where all drivers were visible, and found that he was pushed into me. No further action necessary. @gtpcaine won fair, and I had fun trying to chase him down.


In the case of Siggers attempting to pass you, that's kinda going to happen... Siggers is fast, and Siggers can make passes. If you have a problem with being passed, so be it. You'll continue to rack up penalties left-right-and-center. Or, you can report cases of overly-rough driving to me after the race instead of taking vigilant justice on the Jerkov trying too hard to pass you because he thinks he's faster... And, since you had to make two moves on the back-straight on the way into Chase to keep Siggers behind you, I'm going to guess that he was faster.

Edit:

@ITCC_Andrew Can you reply to this?
Gladly. Happy?
 
And therein lies the problem. If you have a problem, you don't shove people in the wall to solve it. You race the rest of the race cleanly. Look at Turn 1, of Race 1. Do it, okay? Caine pushes me onto the sand. Oops. I chased him hard, reviewed a version of the replay where all drivers were visible, and found that he was pushed into me. No further action necessary. @gtpcaine won fair, and I had fun trying to chase him down.


In the case of Siggers attempting to pass you, that's kinda going to happen... Siggers is fast, and Siggers can make passes. If you have a problem with being passed, so be it. You'll continue to rack up penalties left-right-and-center. Or, you can report cases of overly-rough driving to me after the race instead of taking vigilant justice on the Jerkov trying too hard to pass you because he thinks he's faster... And, since you had to make two moves on the back-straight on the way into Chase to keep Siggers behind you, I'm going to guess that he was faster.

Edit:


Gladly. Happy?
Chasing him hard the rest of the race? Impossible in the Audi, slowing him up compensated for me slowing, and had I not hit him back, the whole field would've passed me.

And for the love of Kaz, reply to @gokartman78 legitly. Stop dodging questions.
 
You call it "compensating" all you want... It's still aggressive driving.


If I hit you going into the last corner, pushing you wide, would you really say it was acceptable for me to pass you on the next straight, given that I have just pushed you wide and compromised your corner?

OLRs say that you have to wait two corners after hitting someone before passing. We'll never know whether Siggers was going to or not because nas wanted to be a vigilante and take matters into his own hands. Newsflash: If you total two cars, no one has justice.
 
Mel, just listen to your drivers. It helps a series if you listen.

That is how GGT S2 actually finished.
 
You call it "compensating" all you want... It's still aggressive driving.




OLRs say that you have to wait two corners after hitting someone before passing. We'll never know whether Siggers was going to or not because nas wanted to be a vigilante and take matters into his own hands. Newsflash: If you total two cars, no one has justice.
Funny. Nobody was totaled. Sig lost no positions. I found a hell of a lot of justice in it.

Newsflsh: maybe if the cars were specced halfway decent, I would've been able to keep up with sig long enough to find out,.
 
Mel, just listen to your drivers. It helps a series if you listen.
Meh, I wouldn't be letting anyone back by after they ran me off on a straight. @ITCC_Andrew There should be a blocking penalty
 
Meh, I wouldn't be letting anyone back by after they ran me off on a straight. @ITCC_Andrew There should be a blocking penalty
Where was that?

Not being sarcastic, or anything? I followed the 1 defensive move rule and I don't think I ran sig off track?
 
Nas, let's face it, you'll probably win Monaco, and this is the wonder of Touring Cars. Some cars are suited to certain tracks better than others.
 
Mel, just listen to your drivers. It helps a series if you listen.

I'm listening to:


Siggers
Caine
myself (I'm a driver, too!)
Johnnypenso (because he presents only the factual information)
etc.


Funny. Nobody was totaled. Sig lost no positions. I found a hell of a lot of justice in it.

Newsflsh: maybe if the cars were specced halfway decent, I would've been able to keep up with sig long enough to find out,.

So, now you're throwing specs into this, too? Audi is second place in Manufacturer's points, don't even tell me that the specs are wrong. If buck had gotten a better Rd. 1 score, and gedi were there at Rd. 3 R2 and Rd. 4, Audi would be almost/roughly tied with Honda (the masters of consistency.)


If you want your car to be faster, you need to work with me. Smashing people off just makes me think "nope, I'm not making that guy faster" and gets you stuck further at the back because I don't want to see that type of poor conduct at the front especially.


Nas, let's face it, you,all probably win Monaco, and this is the wonder of Touring Cars. Some cars are suited to certain tracks better than others.


Which is why I'm astounded that he's complaining. He knew that the Audi was slow in a straight line. I knew that, too. That's why I chose Honda, because I aim for consistency. I'm not going to be fastest at one track, and slowest at another. But, for someone like @cnd01, for example, who picks and chooses the rounds he attends, it's a perfect fit. It's fastest at Trial Mountain (Audi) and it's fastest at Monaco etc.
 
If you want your car to be faster, you need to work with me. Smashing people off just makes me think "nope, I'm not making that guy faster" and gets you stuck further at the back because I don't want to see that type of poor conduct at the front especially.

That is a bit egotistical. I would just go to the tuning forum for help and advice. (That is how I got my USCC Audi to stop being an annoying little toddler :P).
 
Where was that?

Not being sarcastic, or anything? I followed the 1 defensive move rule and I don't think I ran sig off track?




Open your eyes, please.


That is a bit egotistical. I would just go to the tuning forum for help and advice. (That is how I got my USCC Audi to stop being an annoying little toddler :p).

The Audi is slow in any straight line above 1 km. long. It's drivetrain loss. We've known about it from the start. That's why we rectified the problem by giving the Audis 10 extra horsepower which they put to poor use by slamming drivers into walls.
 
Sig was beside nas, nas moves over, sig off track. Anyone with the eyesight of my grandma can tell that's an obvious block and a penalty
 
Now after having a look at the replay, the move over the crest, illegal. The move in griffins, racing incident, the move after griffins, in no way legal. Sorry Nas, your fighting a losing battle.
 
Sorry didn't read that right :p :banghead:. Nas I do agree that it is a Penalty. What was the punishment for this.
 
I'm listening to:


Siggers
Caine
myself (I'm a driver, too!)
Johnnypenso (because he presents only the factual information)
etc.




So, now you're throwing specs into this, too? Audi is second place in Manufacturer's points, don't even tell me that the specs are wrong. If buck had gotten a better Rd. 1 score, and gedi were there at Rd. 3 R2 and Rd. 4, Audi would be almost/roughly tied with Honda (the masters of consistency.)


If you want your car to be faster, you need to work with me. Smashing people off just makes me think "nope, I'm not making that guy faster" and gets you stuck further at the back because I don't want to see that type of poor conduct at the front especially.





Which is why I'm astounded that he's complaining. He knew that the Audi was slow in a straight line. I knew that, too. That's why I chose Honda, because I aim for consistency. I'm not going to be fastest at one track, and slowest at another. But, for someone like @cnd01, for example, who picks and chooses the rounds he attends, it's a perfect fit. It's fastest at Trial Mountain (Audi) and it's fastest at Monaco etc.
Again, dodging questions.

And yea, buck drove her heart out, I could tell, as did I. It's not like, when I pull over after the divebomb, and was freighttrained by the field, I would get a compensation. In TOCA, the cars are equal at every race, not each make getting their spotlight twice a season. That's not equality, that's staging. And also, if you look at the list of people you're listening to. With the acception of Johnny, you're only listening to the people saying what you want to hear. That's bad hosting, heavy biasing and not what people look for in stewarding. Listen to everybody!
 
Now after having a look at the replay, the move over the crest, illegal. The move in griffins, racing incident, the move after griffins, in no way legal. Sorry Nas, your fighting a losing battle.
This man has eyes :lol:

Sorry didn't read that right :p :banghead:. Nas I do agree that it is a Penalty. What was the punishment for this.
My suggestion would be no points for that round after the block and the wall slam.
 
I say half points. No points is a bit to strict for this, IMO.
 
I say half points. No points is a bit to strict for this, IMO.
This is the very least I settle for, half points from race 1.

But I still gave sig room. I followed the 1 defense rule. But because I'm fair, and listen to everybody, not just what I want to hear, and now am,overruled by majority rule. I now accept the penalty, what every it may be, to be bestowed upon me.
 
:lol: Why half points?



^ Corner cutting



^ blocking (remember what I said about 1.2 car widths? Enough that the driver can still get past, but enough that the driver is on the wrong line for the corner, and so that you're on the right line for the corner?) and smashing into wall.


The evidence is clear. Unless every single other person in this thread agrees that the Race 1 DSQ is "too much," I'm not half-ing the penalty. Since I'm fair, I'll put that up for discussion, but you will be getting a penalty.
 
I let of to compensate for cutting most of the time. Videos aren't buffering so I don't know which one that was but I'm not gaining ground.

All in favor of half points for my race one?

2 for , 0 against

2 being me and Resh
 
Back