RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,299 views
Fair enough. Hell of a debate, Geier.

Not trying to be childish, just trying to fight for every single point. I am sure you can relate.

EDIT: Looking at the points... It seems Caines going to run away with it.
 
Fair enough. Hell of a debate, Geier.

Not trying to be childish, just trying to fight for every single point. I am sure you can relate.

Yeah, I do that on the track. :D Second place, still......... :grumpy: 34 points behind now.
 
Yeah, I do that on the track. :D Second place, still......... :grumpy: 34 points behind now.
Maybe we can pull a NASCAR, and close up the points with a "chase" for the cup?
 



Open your eyes, please.




The Audi is slow in any straight line above 1 km. long. It's drivetrain loss. We've known about it from the start. That's why we rectified the problem by giving the Audis 10 extra horsepower which they put to poor use by slamming drivers into walls.

Lmao this is very simple your clearly dumping the guy deliberately into the darn wall young sir.:eek:Nevermind the other bits and bobs I can think of a few series where you would be looking at minimum race ban if not worse for such filth. If it was me i would be walking away muttering "Phew just a points pen hell got away with that one". Then sit down for 5 minutes and realise iv'e been a bit of a sausage.:guilty:
 
been a bit of a sausage.:guilty:

1922517_10152284194373092_1999168887_n.jpg



made my day already, 3.5 hours in! :D
 
Lmao this is very simple your clearly dumping the guy deliberately into the darn wall young sir.:eek:Nevermind the other bits and bobs I can think of a few series where you would be looking at minimum race ban if not worse for such filth. If it was me i would be walking away muttering "Phew just a points pen hell got away with that one". Then sit down for 5 minutes and realise iv'e been a bit of a sausage.:guilty:
True but in my defense, I'm from NASCAR, and he mingle deliberately divebombed.

But it's over now anyways.
 
I'm a co-host of the WGTC, and part of a 4 man steward team. We have a clear R&R Doc here and a incident report form here. The R&R isn't 100% complete yet -- it was aimed at season 2, but we have had to bring it in early, so some sections are still being written. But one thing we don't tolerate is public disputes over incidents. It ruins the morale of entrants, and puts off potential new entrants from joining the series. Any dispute we have, the drivers fill out the form within 24h of the race end, and all 4 of the stewards review the incident in question, and then come to a decision. Once that decision has been made, they are welcome to appeal the decision, but after 4 people have looked at it, and come to the same decision its highly unlikely that all are wrong. If one of the stewards was involved in the incident, then their opinion on the situation is mute.

It works very well for us, hint hint 👍
 
It seems settled but I want to express my opinion:

Ok, so @Siggers divbombed @nascarfan1400, I understand, in the racing heat it can happen. But I saw Sig slowing down after the corner to let Nas back. But then Nas decided it would be a good revenge to push him in the wall... That was done deliberately, it can't happen as an accident, unlike divebombing. So it's unfair, even though Sig didn't lose too much time.

It was similar in Matterhorn 90 - @rallymorten, driving the SC, suddenly slowed down so I had to slam the brakes. That made Nas hit me. And ok, it was a bit my fault, I should've braked earlier, yes. But Nas decided to smash me in the wall, destroying my car as revenge.

All I want to say - @nascarfan1400, control your anger, especially if you don't know whose fault it was yet.
 
He was shot by firing squad at midday today in the town square. He leaves behind a loving family and a ps3 that was connected to a bloody awful internet, May he rest in peace. Nas 1998-2014 :(
The funniest post on GTP ever :D :D
 
Laguna I only did 1 race = 1 drop rd
Trial I only did 1 race = 1 drop
Last round I didn't race so....
 
Laguna I only did 1 race = 1 drop rd
Trial I only did 1 race = 1 drop
Last round I didn't race so....
Well Bathurst will be a drop round for you, and the lowest score from either Laguna / Trial
 
I've just gone through and read the last 10 pages of this. You people have made my day :lol:

ITCC never fails to amuse! :lol:

But keep in mind it can break your day as easily as it can make it - poor Nas, so much pressure on him, from me included. :(
 
Ok after finally finding the time to read through everything (I got through about 20 tonnes of pop-corn), clearly my previous large post didn't cut the mustard. So I unfortunately must respond with an even longer post (sorry) before this thread gets locked to again clarify my views on everything to everyone, and make a few direct responses to Nas:

Does anyone else, except nas, think that my stewarding is unfair? Anyone? Caine? Buck? Siggers? Ciro? Bdub? Gedi?
I mean, nonsense to that "the stewarding is unfair here because I got a penalty."

I don't have a problem with Andrew's or anybody's stewarding (having myself received penalties also in the past), as long as those penalties are explained with evidence. Although I do agree it might be good if we had more than one steward for situations like this where a driver just can't see their own errors.

The hell? He was at the highest point of the track, by the time he even turned I was beside him. It's legal, and had he seen me it would be perfectly clean.

Admittedly I was a little high but I had the racing line and was clearly in front. Read the OLR IN FULL please - which I myself am also going to do again. But here are some relevant sections for your convenience:

-The correct or optimal racing line in certain corners, like the last turn at Fuji for instance, can look very wide to the untrained eye. The undiscerning racer cannot tell the difference between a driver taking the correct racing line, & one going wide into these types of corners, he thinks the chap in front has made an error & stuffs it up the inside in a futile effort to overtake. When the driver in front accelerates towards the apex, the driver behind now finds he has placed his car in the wrong position, & there is contact. Once again, by slowing both cars up the bad driver has let the chaps in front pull away some, & those behind catch up. The intelligent racer knows there is usually no real advantage to this, & does his overtaking on the following straight or when he sees someone has actually gone wide in these types of corners.

-When overtaking another car near the end of a straight, it is good manners to leave the other driver his line, & stick to your own. It is bad manners to quickly swerve in front of the car you have just passed, take his line & brake. This is because you will be travelling much faster due to drafting him & will have to brake significantly earlier, the other driver will have almost no time to react by changing his line or braking point. This kind of bad racecraft can lead to many unnecessary incidents going into turns at the ends of straights, you will not see the more experienced & well rounded drivers performing this kind of maneuver.

-When a thoughtful racer finds himself drafting a different make of car down a straight that's faster, but with less braking power & slower round corners, he pulls out of the draft much earlier than usual. This is so he can out brake him going into the next turn, without running into the back of him. The unthoughtful racer carries on oblivious to the fact that he is just about to cause a major incident. Good racecraft also involves taking into account the diverse range of vehicles, tunes, & personalities out on track, & how this can dynamically alter the way the race pans out through the various & ever changing situations as they unfold.


^Yes not all of the above are relevant to this but I have seen many drivers in previous races do each of these things, especially #2, which is my personal pet peeve and to me a sure sign of an inexperienced racer.

It's not a divebomb. I shoved sig into the wall out of his divebomb. And I was forcing my hand because me and buck had to make something out of a crappy specced car two seconds off the pace and the stewarding is unjust.

Yes my "dive-bomb" was a mistake and I apologised in my previous post with my reasons behind it. But here you are openly admitting to shoving me into the wall. I have lost respect for you as a fellow racer and I am sure others have also.

This is the very least I settle for, half points from race 1.

But I still gave sig room. I followed the 1 defense rule. But because I'm fair, and listen to everybody, not just what I want to hear, and now am,overruled by majority rule. I now accept the penalty, what every it may be, to be bestowed upon me.

Funny. Nobody was totaled. Sig lost no positions. I found a hell of a lot of justice in it.

Newsflsh: maybe if the cars were specced halfway decent, I would've been able to keep up with sig long enough to find out,.

Again please refer to my previous post and the OLR.
Basically, you cannot change directions instantly when a car is right behind you and pulls out. Somebody already posted that section from the OLR here previously. You doing this is much more dramatic on the previous lap, something which nobody as posted here.

I appreciate it is very hard to spec cars but I am sure Andrew is doing the best he can with the free time he has. My car was vastly underpowered at this round also - The FF cars just left me for dust on the straight even when I was in their slipstream.

Yes things do need to change, but there's no point constantly complaining about it.

Nas deserves a penalty for the block. Let's forget all the other stuff. That's a result of what happened. I would dump you too if I was forced off track on a straight

This. I am more angry about your blocking than I am for you putting me into the wall. Can somebody please post a replay of Race 1 Lap 3, view it you want what is in my opinion solid evidence. This is where you block me on the straights far more dangerously. If you had just been fair then this other incident would of probably never happened. I understand your car is "slower" but you still have to be fair to other cars.

Also on corner entry T2 you could of just stayed on the outside line instead of turning in on me. You obviously knew I was there, but that would have been too sensible....

I was going to let you back through (yes, you will just have to take my word for it). I was letting you back alongside me so that you could simply just go back in front up the inside at the next turn. That way I wouldn't lose too much time myself to the cars that were catching close behind.

To any outsiders, reading the last few pages would make this series appear very amateurish.
I don't think in the past me and Andrew have really seen things eye to eye, but I am sure this is the kind of thing he definitely doesn't want. One thing I will say is that I certainly couldn't do his role, but I strongly recommend to him (as I have before) using Handicaps for future seasons to try and balance out the car problems.

Please don't start replying to this post starting up the argument again (Nas) as it seems to have just about concluded now.

Sorry for the trouble and public drama. Hopefully see you all at the next round.
 
Last edited:
:dunce: this is still going on? Between this, and me having the flu, this is turning into a pretty rough day....

No more posts about this, please. :) post about SSR5 or something.
 
RRRT is running 1:30s. :) Feels good to have a teammate again! :) @TheYaShoe is busy quite often, so @Ettick is the new teammate. We've been racing together since Forza 2. :D
 
SSR5 is ruined, what happened to epic race atmosphere from GT3. It is now :censerod: ruined.

What?? You wanted us to talk about SSR5 :sly:.
 
Thanks for calling me childish, @buck1
Hun, we both know after trail mountains victory dinner, I am not a child :sly:
 
Thanks for calling me childish, @buck1
Hun, we both know after trail mountains victory dinner, I am not a child :sly:

When did i call you childish :confused: :boggled:...you are a man in the making 👍 :)
 
Back