[RACE] NR2003: 2014 GTPlanet Fantasy Series *That's A Wrap!*

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 6,111 comments
  • 293,478 views
These days happen.
 
16th. A far cry from my win at Sonoma. Still we have a lot of the season to go. That was an insane finish though.
 
mfw 26th place
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
 
Another shout out to Team Kate Upton :lol:. @DurWinning should I make us a Kate Upton car to run somewhere?
 
yey 4th place..

How am I in the points?
 
7th place. Came back after dropping to the back of the lead pack multiple times. Improving every race. Grab me a Gatorade.
 
Man, they might as well call this the "balls to the wall" edition. I heard of 2-wide and 3-wide. But FIVE CARS SIDE BY SIDE!? Man these drivers have the audacity, I'll tell ya. And how did @ProjectWHaT not cause the biggest accident of the season with his limping car? Another miracle. @quietgirl's perfomance was pretty solid, good pace and even leading the race at one point, she truly gives the female side of GTP hope. To top this all off, super close finish and a deserving victory.

As for the quality of the video, audio was fine although it can be improved (your voice obviously had to be tired after all that action), and the graphical side couldn't be any better (for now, at least). I do agree with the idea of removing pit crews, they don't really matter much as far as race watching is concerned. Not to mention removing them does help with the FPS.
 
Wow, I got screwed by the incoming pack. :lol:
But I think this is the race of the year so far, It managed to be entertaining without crashes!


 
@nascarfan1400 Why'd my wheels end up Black? I wanted them yellow to match the numbers and spoiler.
 
Holy crap... lead a lap and finished in the top 10?

Tennis_gif_EXPLOSIONS.gif


Its not a win but considering this is me of all people, it feels like one.

Also, I owe @quietgirl for that. Would've just a typical race for me had she not been there.
 
Hey @nascarfan1400 think about this for a second.

Think back to 2004. Maserati tried to enter the MC12 in the ALMS but exceeded width and length regulations. Therefore they were unable to compete. However in 2005 the IMSA allowed the MC12 to run as a guest with the exceptions being that A. they couldn't score championship points and B. they ran with a weight penalty.

Could we do something like that for people who want a taste of the action? Let them get one race where they don't score points. If they want to still compete after the test then they wait until next season. What do you say to that?
 
Hey @nascarfan1400 think about this for a second.

Think back to 2004. Maserati tried to enter the MC12 in the ALMS but exceeded width and length regulations. Therefore they were unable to compete. However in 2005 the IMSA allowed the MC12 to run as a guest with the exceptions being that A. they couldn't score championship points and B. they ran with a weight penalty.

Could we do something like that for people who want a taste of the action? Let them get one race where they don't score points. If they want to still compete after the test then they wait until next season. What do you say to that?

If I may have a word Dur, why not a race akin to the "Champions race" F1 did not long ago? A special, one-off race where everyone, including one-off outsiders, can participate. No points would be given, and those who are interested in joining next season could get a taste of the racing.
 
If I may have a word Dur, why not a race akin to the "Champions race" F1 did not long ago? A special, one-off race where everyone, including one-off outsiders, can participate. No points would be given, and those who are interested in joining next season could get a taste of the racing.
There's a 42 car limit for CPU cars in NR2003, with some tracks holding less, so if everyone is only 5 drivers, then your idea could work. Same reason my series will have heat races if 5 more people sign up
 
What about this:

Take the people who want to participate in the next series, ask like 10-20 of us (i.e seasoned veterans) , and have a small race around Dega or Daytona (I would say Bristol, but we don't talk about Bristol).
 


Firstly....
gveohyeah.jpg


Now that we're through that, I'd like to state that had it not been for goofytyler, we would probably NOT have been in the top 15, much less win. He, and everyone else in that second pack, deserve a ton of praise and respect for getting it together to chase the lead pack down. I do believe I owe goofytyler, and crew, dinner at least.
 
Those ideas could work. I planned on doing an open test for 2015 soon. But not sure.
 
Well we could ask the other drivers what they think. I'm just the "idea" guy. Your the "actually gets things done" guy (or pony whatever you prefer).
 
I do like the idea of a non points race.

@Jahgee1124 your tires were black because you didn't even give me wheels, just the yellow squares, so I had to transfer them from another template.

What I find interesting is despite everyone being even, there is a lot of consistency. You have the front runners and the rear runners and the midpacks it's interesting to see how that works...
 
@nascarfan1400

Where can I find the car templates? I'd like to start working on my car in case you run an open exhibition race... or better yet, if I can convince you to let me run a limited rookie schedule. I'll even put the rookie bars on my car! :sly:
 
@nascarfan1400

Where can I find the car templates? I'd like to start working on my car in case you run an open exhibition race... or better yet, if I can convince you to let me run a limited rookie schedule. I'll even put the rookie bars on my car! :sly:
I'll post the template tonight. What manufacture and what image editor are you using?
 
Back