[RACE] NR2003: 2014 GTPlanet Fantasy Series *That's A Wrap!*

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 6,111 comments
  • 293,534 views
Impending new changes: 2015 NASCAR RACE Series unveiled, 6 new concept rookies enter 2014 season

A surprise meeting held at Daytona last night, before the practice session, unveiled new details regarding the 2015 season of the NASCAR RACE series. Championship founder Nas Pinkton surprised many by announcing several changes, starting with a new logo and including a new partnership with Austrian energy drink company Red Bull. who will offer prizes for pole-winners. Another major announcement regards the addition of three new car companies and their respective cars, as well as new upgrades to already exisiting ones. GM brands Buick and Pontiac, alongside Chrysler group brand Dodge will join next year's season. But there was another surprise awaiting the attendance.

Mr. Pinkton then brought forth 6 of the new cars, two Pontiacs and three Dodges, all of them sporting different liveries. Then, 6 new drivers joined the conference, all of them sporting a "Welcome the rookies" shirt. American drivers Karl Raven, Tim Iron and Michael White, alongside Portuguese drivers José Harsk and Nico Costa spoke to the audience, revealing themselves as the "concept rookies" for the 2014 season. They will compete with the main field of drivers in a few select races, as well as having their own points table. We managed to speak with Mr. Costa, driver of the #76 Sunrise\Takara Tomy Eldran Pontiac G8, who had this to say:

"We were quite happy to be one of the choosen Pontiac teams, we have good faith in the G8. Pontiac worked pretty hard in developing the car for this season, and we are aiming for the top spot in the rookies championship. If we can get top 10 finishes, we'll gladly accept those. For now, our job is to put some miles in this car, and check the perfomance."

The livery for Costa's car was handpicked from over 500 fan liveries, all over the world. Eventually, a Japanese fan livery, created by Nashiko Nishimura, was choosen as the team's livery. For now, Japanese animation studio Sunrise and toy company Takara Tomy will be the only sponsors for the team. Mr. Costa was also quite eager to see the teased "secret project" of Mr. Pinkton, who promised that more details about it will not be shared until a later time, but that a few drivers are already aware of said project.
 
So this is also a role play thing I take it? My livery is submitted to the stewards for approval and should be revealed in due time. @nascarfan1400, my dad wants to know why you're running G8s and not G6s. :lol:
 
So this is also a role play thing I take it? My livery is submitted to the stewards for approval and should be revealed in due time. @nascarfan1400, my dad wants to know why you're running G8s and not G6s. :lol:

You can, you don't necessarily have to do it if you don't want, but I decided to do it anyways 'cause I dig being a makeshift racing journalist\team owner & driver. :lol:

Also, Nas is running G8s because Pontiac couldn't deliver enough Azteks for the drivers. :lol:
 
So this is also a role play thing I take it? My livery is submitted to the stewards for approval and should be revealed in due time. @nascarfan1400, my dad wants to know why you're running G8s and not G6s. :lol:

Like Niku said, it's a side thing that just kinda happened, and as this is about the only environment I can unwind a bit, I got into it. Speaking of....

*Daytona Update*
Yesterday it was reported that some unknown group was seen leaving the Daytona International Speedway's garage area, and were known to be carrying spray paint. Today, reports are that two of the same individuals returned to the garage area...with proper passes. Almost as soon as they reached the press, they began talking.

"You guys here for some news? Here's a scoop for ya, five "bad guys" walked into your little shop an' decided we wanted to be on a cah. So we took the closest one and claimed it for ourselves." Said the loud one, a shorter guy holding a toothpick in his mouth.

"We hope the driver will do what it takes to say on our good side. The world knows what happens when you fail in the now." Said the huge one, "We had an 'associate' go persuade the driver of OUR car to see things our way. And he will se things our way."

With that, the duo turned around and left, but not before meeting with two figures in the shadows. One of whom emerged with the other two men and was seen having a two-tone beard. The last man simply disappeared.
 
Here's my livery guys. Can't wait to see how it looks on the car. :P

image.jpg
 
Impending new changes: 2015 NASCAR RACE Series unveiled, 6 new concept rookies enter 2014 season

A surprise meeting held at Daytona last night, before the practice session, unveiled new details regarding the 2015 season of the NASCAR RACE series. Championship founder Nas Pinkton surprised many by announcing several changes, starting with a new logo and including a new partnership with Austrian energy drink company Red Bull. who will offer prizes for pole-winners. Another major announcement regards the addition of three new car companies and their respective cars, as well as new upgrades to already exisiting ones. GM brands Buick and Pontiac, alongside Chrysler group brand Dodge will join next year's season. But there was another surprise awaiting the attendance.

Mr. Pinkton then brought forth 6 of the new cars, two Pontiacs and three Dodges, all of them sporting different liveries. Then, 6 new drivers joined the conference, all of them sporting a "Welcome the rookies" shirt. American drivers Karl Raven, Tim Iron and Michael White, alongside Portuguese drivers José Harsk and Nico Costa spoke to the audience, revealing themselves as the "concept rookies" for the 2014 season. They will compete with the main field of drivers in a few select races, as well as having their own points table. We managed to speak with Mr. Costa, driver of the #76 Sunrise\Takara Tomy Eldran Pontiac G8, who had this to say:

"We were quite happy to be one of the choosen Pontiac teams, we have good faith in the G8. Pontiac worked pretty hard in developing the car for this season, and we are aiming for the top spot in the rookies championship. If we can get top 10 finishes, we'll gladly accept those. For now, our job is to put some miles in this car, and check the perfomance."

The livery for Costa's car was handpicked from over 500 fan liveries, all over the world. Eventually, a Japanese fan livery, created by Nashiko Nishimura, was choosen as the team's livery. For now, Japanese animation studio Sunrise and toy company Takara Tomy will be the only sponsors for the team. Mr. Costa was also quite eager to see the teased "secret project" of Mr. Pinkton, who promised that more details about it will not be shared until a later time, but that a few drivers are already aware of said project.
Those fake names though xD

So this is also a role play thing I take it? My livery is submitted to the stewards for approval and should be revealed in due time. @nascarfan1400, my dad wants to know why you're running G8s and not G6s. :lol:
G8s were the only template available.
 
@Johnny1996 liked my livery. Probably just wants to eat it...

@nascarfan1400 the GTP logos and custom font are legal on the windshield banner I hope?
 
Actually, no. But ill take care of the errors. Youve done a good job. :)
Darn, I really don't care for having supplementary logos all over my car. Thanks Nas. 👍
 
Here's my livery guys. Can't wait to see how it looks on the car. :p

View attachment 286611

Hey, for such a simple livery, it actually looks pretty darn good if you ask me. :)👍 It gives me the "woody wagon" vibe for some reason, maybe because it has a woody look. Can't wait to see the translation into 3D.

Those fake names though xD

I just let my imagination run wild on that report, in case you couldn't tell. :lol: I am particularly proud of that Japanese name; it kinda makes sense somehow. Or maybe I'm just spewing nonsense, who knows. :lol: And hey, I dig writing this sort of thing, does wonders for English practice. :D

Erm... no.... *nervously scratches back of neck*

:p

C'mon, just admit it. You want some roast deer, and you want it now. Don't deny it. :lol:
 
@Harsk100 if you need help I could design a car for you. I like doing these things, stressful at first but fun. :D
 
Hey, for such a simple livery, it actually looks pretty darn good if you ask me. :)👍 It gives me the "woody wagon" vibe for some reason, maybe because it has a woody look. Can't wait to see the translation into 3D.
Thanks! I'm still learning the ins and outs of GIMP so I think it turned out pretty nice as well. Definately room to improve though. 👍

@Johnny1996 and @Ninners, not having this deer for supper. ;)
 
@nascarfan1400 All that's missing now is the Chevy parts and shading and contingencies(Make pretty much everything else is delted)
SrI9u1E.jpg
 
Thanks! I'm still learning the ins and outs of GIMP so I think it turned out pretty nice as well. Definately room to improve though. 👍

@Johnny1996 and @Ninners, not having this deer for supper. ;)

Heck, I still haven't learned how to use it myself, kinda bad with painting and such. That said, I might try to do one myself, but I fear I might go the Top Gear way and create something incredibly ambitious but also incredibly rubbish. :lol:

Also, after that last sentence, you should have your car sposored by PETA or the WWF (not the wrestling company silly). :dopey:
 
Heck, I still haven't learned how to use it myself, kinda bad with painting and such. That said, I might try to do one myself, but I fear I might go the Top Gear way and create something incredibly ambitious but also incredibly rubbish. :lol:

Also, after that last sentence, you should have your car sposored by PETA or the WWF (not the wrestling company silly). :dopey:
We will see about another livery down the road, I've kinda annoyed Nas getting this one to where I like it.

On that note @nascarfan1400, could you send back the fixed version so I have a legal foundation for new liveries down the road? Thanks!
 
@nascarfan1400 All that's missing now is the Chevy parts and shading and contingencies(Make pretty much everything else is delted)
SrI9u1E.jpg
I already have this car in the game?

We will see about another livery down the road, I've kinda annoyed Nas getting this one to where I like it.

On that note @nascarfan1400, could you send back the fixed version so I have a legal foundation for new liveries down the road? Thanks!
I actually think I'll post a guide for everypony
 
Like Niku said, it's a side thing that just kinda happened, and as this is about the only environment I can unwind a bit, I got into it. Speaking of....

*Daytona Update*
Yesterday it was reported that some unknown group was seen leaving the Daytona International Speedway's garage area, and were known to be carrying spray paint. Today, reports are that two of the same individuals returned to the garage area...with proper passes. Almost as soon as they reached the press, they began talking.

"You guys here for some news? Here's a scoop for ya, five "bad guys" walked into your little shop an' decided we wanted to be on a cah. So we took the closest one and claimed it for ourselves." Said the loud one, a shorter guy holding a toothpick in his mouth.

"We hope the driver will do what it takes to say on our good side. The world knows what happens when you fail in the now." Said the huge one, "We had an 'associate' go persuade the driver of OUR car to see things our way. And he will se things our way."

With that, the duo turned around and left, but not before meeting with two figures in the shadows. One of whom emerged with the other two men and was seen having a two-tone beard. The last man simply disappeared.

Strange.. I didn't see the Octan CEO yesterday.. I mean, as much as he hates me and as threatening that sticky bomb on my company car (aka a white Ford Ka with the Octan logo plastered all over it) is, he does usually come around for a cup of coffee (aka anger deviation)..
 
I already have this car in the game?


I actually think I'll post a guide for everypony
The colors for things like the spoiler and the wheels were wrong
 
Back