[RACE] NR2003: 2014 GTPlanet Fantasy Series *That's A Wrap!*

  • Thread starter Thread starter nascarfan1400
  • 6,111 comments
  • 293,864 views
I have a nice position, I hope I use it well.
Also, is that a new graphic for the leaderboard? I'm really digging the handwritten look. :lol:
 
I have a nice position, I hope I use it well.
Also, is that a new graphic for the leaderboard? I'm really digging the handwritten look. :lol:
That's an entry list. Not a qualifying spot. It was made by me, for me, so I could keep track of cars and properly schedule the roster. I figured I'd share it to let people know when they will race.
 
Daytona: 28th?
Kentucky: 13th

Not good enough. Imma need to fire the crew chief and hire a new one since the car was fine and he was making wrong moves :lol:

Also @nascarfan1400, the Daytona scheme was a one race deal. Therefore I didn't want it to be run at Kentucky. I uploaded a second, updated primary scheme on the same post I uploaded the Daytona Night one. Please use that one for Eldora and the remainder of the season.

Anyways, congrats to the winners. Excited for Eldora.
 
Starting 18th in Heat 2, so random chance has blown raspberries my way again. If the breakdown video was an indication, I should do fine.
 
Daytona: 28th?
Kentucky: 13th

Not good enough. Imma need to fire the crew chief and hire a new one since the car was fine and he was making wrong moves :lol:

Also @nascarfan1400, the Daytona scheme was a one race deal. Therefore I didn't want it to be run at Kentucky. I uploaded a second, updated primary scheme on the same post I uploaded the Daytona Night one. Please use that one for Eldora and the remainder of the season.

Anyways, congrats to the winners. Excited for Eldora.
Yes that was a mistake on my part, i didnt catch it until 1/2 way. :(

Starting 18th in Heat 2, so random chance has blown raspberries my way again. If the breakdown video was an indication, I should do fine.
Again- That is not the starting line-up, it is just an entry list.
 
Alriight Boys. Tomorrow is Eldora, Get ready for what will decide if we add more Dirt tracks next season!
 
I think that it was an awfull result, but 38th is not bad because I managed to get inside of top 40 and scored my first points. But I'll try to get an better result in following round.
 
I'm pretty sure I killed @swiftsmith. That T-bone was brutal.

Eldora looks...exciting. Probably chaotic, but exciting.
 
Eldora looks like a mexican track... It reminds me a Cadillac Eldorado. But let's see what happens. Maybe I might get on top 10 at least.
 
If this keeps up, there might be some red mixed in with the dirt. 19th.
 
I was yelling at my car "go high go high!" What a stoopid way to crash out. :indiff:
 
Holy schmit, someone has been very busy... Top job, even if you were feeling the tiredness at the end, @nascarfan1400. You deserve a tip of the hat from me. 👍

First of all, allow me to say something:

CURSE YOU, POORLY PLANNED PITSTOP!!! I WAS IN SECOND PLACE, YOU MOTHERF:censored:!!! I WAS IN THE PODIUM AT ONE POINT! :mad:

... Ok, now that I got that out of my system, time to give some thought about this here race:

First of all, great to see my right car right off the start of the video, never thought that I would be in a Youtube video, but there you go. :D
There wasn't really anything wrong with my pace, it was that godforsaken pitstop that ruined my chances. And at least I somehow managed to avoid the total carnage that Harsk brought to the table (lay off the drinks man, drinking and driving don't mix). He was all over the place on this one, do we have a new Kyle Busch on the making? God only knows... At least it wasn't the ultra crash that did not make into the video, that one must've been the works.

And I guess the new A.I. made for more backmarkers and overtaking said backmarkers. That was pivotal for Mr. Samurai to win the whole thing, congrats to him.

As for me, a near-top 20 finish after running in second place may be a bit underwhelming, but it's a solid start none theless. Now to get my hands dirty at Eldora... Wait, it fits! My car is sponsored by the Eldran series, running at Eldora... Hell yeah, what a match! Protect me from trouble Eldran, and I'll grant you with untold riches!

Also, @Whitetail, I am bringing a shotgun next time, you won't win the rookie category twice, you smart deer...

Also, is it okay if I roleplay as a journalist and give my own report on the races? I might need a bit of practice to write something good, but I feel like doing it.
 
But... but... I just wanna go fast. :(

That's too bad, the NASCAR world is a tough one, my deer friend. You gotta cut corners (not literally, otherwise you'd crash) when you can. :mischievous: You winning cannot go on for long, I shall put an end to it.

Jokes aside, well done man, you managed to keep your head out of trouble, that's half the job. And you did it well.
 
That's too bad, the NASCAR world is a tough one, my deer friend. You gotta cut corners (not literally, otherwise you'd crash) when you can. :mischievous: You winning cannot go on for long, I shall put an end to it.

Jokes aside, well done man, you managed to keep your head out of trouble, that's half the job. And you did it well.
I credit all my experience racing prototypes and GT cars in endurance series.
 
It also, it dawned upon me I actually ran Day to Dusk as well, better give my thoughts (Warning! Super long text incoming):

Jin%252C%2BAsuka%2Band%2BKoujii%2BJapanese%2Belementary%2Bschool%2Bstudents%2Bwho%2Bpilots%2Bmecha%2Bcalled%2Bthe%2Braijin-oh.png


Hey, it's Jin Hyuga here. Me and my best friends Asuka and Kouji came with me to the United States to cheer on our close friend from Portugal, Nico Costa! Turns out Nico is participating on a NASCAR series, and we decided to join his team to see him racing.

Today I am talking about the Day to Dusk race, in Kentucky! We had some fun sight-seeing and talking to the locals. Nico helped us a great deal, by translating some of our words. After all that, we went to the racetrack to watch the race.

The whole grid started the race, and the race was on! Price Whatson had great pace at the beginning! The racers kept trying to overtake him, but he held his position well. Nico was further down the standings, but he was doing well. Unfortunately, one driver had a major spin! Most drivers managed to avoid Smith Swift and Durham Winston's cars, but then we saw Nico's car going sideways and into the wall! Nas Pinkton slammed into the side of Nico's car while avoiding the accident and Nico spun into the wall. Unfortunately, Nico's car was too damaged to continue and had to come into the pits, his race was over. Nico looked very dissapointed, but he told us that "racing is harsh, just like reality is." and assured us that next time he would work twice as hard. Asuka, in his somewhat narcisistic manner, told Nico that "I bet you will, just pay attention next time."

We were all sad at Nico's misfortunes, but we kept watching the race. Nico stayed by our side, saying that he wanted to check on his fellow rookie friends. Gette Racer did a good start, but Price overtook him again and got back into the lead. And then Nico suddenly looked at the back straight and shouted "Oh sh:censored:! Another major crash!" Kouji was startled by Nico's swearing, but then we looked on and we were all astonished! Another big pileup, with Benny Manning and Ryou Nagare involved, Ryou-san rolling over and over...! Many people were involved this time, Luigi Doodle also rolled his car, but Tim White somehow managed to get by the crash, via a very small gap. Nico was shocked when he saw that, and then he said "that smart deer...". I still wonder why did he say that. Anyways, after another caution period, more action! And more crashing! This time it was Sparky Michaels, he was spun out and hit the wall, just like Nico. At this point we were all wondering if this was a NASCAR race or a demolition derby, but Nico warned us that things like this happen all the time in NASCAR.

Andy Bones Parker was leading, after overtaking Price. But Tommy Snail was close to him, and he kept trying to overtake him! We were excited to see such a great battle. And then Tim crashed into Roger Silverwing! Bayne Hamilton was involved in the crash, Tim did not see Tommy's car and plowed into his rear. Nico was astonished to see Tim go out like that, he was betting on him winning the concept rookie category. Nico then went to Tim's pit to confort him, it was a noble move on his part.

The last moments were just as exciting as the whole race! Tyler Gooflan was leading, and then it was Furi Nishimura leading! The top positions were very contested, everyone wanted to win. Eventually, traffic got in the drivers way, but Furi-san did a great job and won the race! Tyler had to content himself with second place. The top rookie was José Harsk, another Portuguese driver, just like Nico. Harsk won the category in sixth place, probably because he was the only rookie left after so many crashes... And Nico said the same thing, telling us that he was the one causing crashes at Daytona. Oh well, luck is a weird thing, isn't it?

Anyway, that's it for me, it's getting late. Next time we will go to Eldora! Why do I think that name sounds familiar...
 
Last edited:
Hey, it's Jin Hyuga here. Me and my best friends Asuka and Kouji came with me to the United States to cheer on our close friend from Portugal, Nico Costa! Turns out Nico is participating on a NASCAR series, and we decided to join his team to see him racing.

Today I am talking about the Day to Dusk race, in Kentucky! We had some fun sight-seeing and talking to the locals. Nico helped us a great deal, by translating some of our words. After all that, we went to the racetrack to watch the race.

The whole grid started the race, and the race was on! Price Whatson had great pace at the beginning! The racers kept trying to overtake him, but he held his position well. Nico was further down the standings, but he was doing well. Unfortunately, one driver had a major spin! Most drivers managed to avoid Smith Swift and Durham Winston's cars, but then we saw Nico's car going sideways and into the wall! Nas Pinkton slammed into the side of Nico's car while avoiding the accident and Nico spun into the wall. Unfortunately, Nico's car was too damaged to continue and had to come into the pits, his race was over. Nico looked very dissapointed, but he told us that "racing is harsh, just like reality is." and assured us that next time he would work twice as hard. Asuka, in his somewhat narcisistic manner, told Nico that "I bet you will, just pay attention next time."

We were all sad at Nico's misfortunes, but we kept watching the race. Nico stayed by our side, saying that he wanted to check on his fellow rookie friends. Gette Racer did a good start, but Price overtook him again and got back into the lead. And then Nico suddenly looked at the back straight and shouted "Oh sh:censored:! Another major crash!" Kouji was startled by Nico's swearing, but then we looked on and we were all astonished! Another big pileup, with Benny Manning and Ryou Nagare involved, Ryou-san rolling over and over...! Many people were involved this time, Luigi Doodle also rolled his car, but Tim White somehow managed to get by the crash, via a very small gap. Nico was shocked when he saw that, and then he said "that smart deer...". I still wonder why did he say that. Anyways, after another caution period, more action! And more crashing! This time it was Sparky Michaels, he was spun out and hit the wall, just like Nico. At this point we were all wondering if this was a NASCAR race or a demolition derby, but Nico warned us that things like this happen all the time in NASCAR.

Andy Bones Parker was leading, after overtaking Price. But Tommy Snail was close to him, and he kept trying to overtake him! We were excited to see such a great battle. And then Tim crashed into Roger Silverwing! Bayne Hamilton was involved in the crash, Tim did not see Tommy's car and plowed into his rear. Nico was astonished to see Tim go out like that, he was betting on him winning the concept rookie category. Nico then went to Tim's pit to confort him, it was a noble move on his part.

The last moments were just as exciting as the whole race! Tyler Gooflan was leading, and then it was Furi Nishimura leading! The top positions were very contested, everyone wanted to win. Eventually, traffic got in the drivers way, but Furi-san did a great job and won the race! Tyler had to content himself with second place. The top rookie was José Harsk, another Portuguese driver, just like Nico. Harsk won the category in sixth place, probably because he was the only rookie left after so many crashes... And Nico said the same thing, telling us that he was the one causing crashes at Daytona. Oh well, luck is a weird thing, isn't it?

Anyway, that's it for me, it's getting late. Next time we will go to Eldora! Why do I think that name sounds familiar...
My name is Tim from what I'm getting from this? Did you not see my status yesterday? :lol:
 
And I still don't have my car preview yet!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
:lol: My car looks... well... you know.
 
Back