[RACE] Weekend Fun Runs - Thnks fr th mmrsFinished 

Hello? Anyone??

Why this sounds like an empty abandoned place? Is everyone still playing Rocket League or something?

Ugh...it's only active when i'm not here...

Hello? Anyone??

Why this sounds like an empty abandoned place? Is everyone still playing Rocket League or something?

Ugh...it's only active when i'm not here...

GT6 is dead, some Fun Runs guys like myself are doing serious racing over at VRR and Nas has packed his stuff and :censored:ed off to iRacing.

The least a series organiser can do is notify everyone at the point where he doesn't care anymore. Leaving us all in the dark as though this never existed isn't exactly the height of professionalism.

Well...

....back to Rocket league and GTA games I guess...

RIP fun runs

2015 January - 2015 July

"The silliness, Fun and ranting would be missed"

After a much needed break, and much consideration, I am going to go ahead and pull the plug. Thanks to everyone who raced with us, and thanks for the memories.

Q: Will this ever come back? Is someone taking it over?
A: It may come back, but not until something huge happens or servers dramatically improve. If neither happens, then we will see once GT7 is out. Nobody is taking it over, nobody is reviving this under the same name.

Q: Why are you calling it!?
A: Because of drama, conflict, lack of enjoyment, server instability, bickering, whining, poor management, and a plethora of other things. Let's face it, this was inevitable.

Q: <Insert tasteless whining here>
A: k.

EDIT: OP Updated with all 5 Best Moments videos.

Last edited:
Well it's been a good one. I made new friends. We all were a big family. We looked out for each other. But this isn't a Fun Runs Family. This is the RACE family. Where we overuse the word Banter,say Prawblehms, Get a Calamity and laugh out arses off at nonsense we say to each other. For all I know we could be back in October if they showcase Course Maker at Paris Games Week. If not then hey there's other stuff. It's been a nice 8 months and I hope to see you again. Bye for now!

Smurf

The original idea was great, but once we got into buying a crap-ton of cars and constantly alternating between decent driving standards and banger racin' the whining didn't some as a surprise to me. As much as I enjoyed the Fun Runs when it first started I saw this coming, sadly. I didn't want Fun Runs to end this way, and I said it multiple times, the road we were taking wasn't very ideal. Thanks to everyone for the great experience and being able to meet new friends and people I can talk to, that's all I can really take away from this. See you all around, hopefully not in the armco or parked in the racing line. :lol:

One night and one more time, Thnks fr th Mmrs, Fun Runs. They still were pretty great, though. :P Been here from the start (second weekend, close enough :lol:), and it's sad to see it end this way. See you all on the flip side, hopefully before GT7. Fingers crossed.

Au revoir, Fun Runs. Au revoir.

I helped @nascarfan1400 start this after we deemed GTA Online servers to be 🤬 retarded for racing. :lol:

I had great racing in here, and nice to know I beat a crap load of guys in wheels to win the first two races of Fun Runs on a DS3, the second one coming from the back of the pack. It was fun, but multiple factors killed this off.

Most fun night: By far the one with the DDoS Lizard Squad attack. By huge ammounts the best fun we had.

I was one of the guys who were here since the first moment, along with @Michelin , @M0NSTER97 , @GranTurismo916 and a few others, running short championships in GTA V... while the racing itself was not the best, the banter was great already (I remember a time I was way back in a race, fell of a cliff and took out Michelin who was in a close road... :lol: :lol: And all those photo finishes :D)

But Rockstar started trying too hard at being Rockstar, so we decided to move to another game..

Best.Choice.Ever

I was one of the guys who were here since the first moment, along with @Michelin , bigtexlpfan, @GranTurismo916 and a few others, running short championships in GTA V... while the racing itself was not the best, the banter was great already (I remember a time I was way back in a race, fell of a cliff and took out Michelin who was in a close road... :lol: :lol: And all those photo finishes :D)

But Rockstar started trying too hard at being Rockstar, so we decided to move to another game..

Best.Choice.Ever

That race though. You took me out Tokyo Drift style and I stil came back to beat @GranTurismo916 by 0.003s!

By the way, tex is @M0NSTER97

This was a fun series when I used to show up for it. That RBJ race at Midfield will be ingrained in my memory of GT6 forever because of how hard the combo was. Kinda sad to see it go, but I'm more indifferent now because I don't play GT6. :sly:

I play PC sims exclusively now. Mainly iRacing with Stock Car Extreme and Assetto Corsa on the side. I find that GT6 has poor physics and FFB compared to any legitimate PC sim and can't go back to it anymore because it isn't a fun experience. If any of you want to play with me on PC, PM me.

This was a fun series when I used to show up for it. That RBJ race at Midfield will be ingrained in my memory of GT6 forever because of how hard the combo was. Kinda sad to see it go, but I'm more indifferent now because I don't play GT6. :sly:

I play PC sims exclusively now. Mainly iRacing with Stock Car Extreme and Assetto Corsa on the side. I find that GT6 has poor physics and FFB compared to any legitimate PC sim and can't go back to it anymore because it isn't a fun experience. If any of you want to play with me on PC, PM me.
That Red Bull race was so awesome. Totally worth it after all of the trouble we went through to start it.

It really stinks to see the Fun Runs coming to a close, though I had a great time getting to know some of you guys. Hope I can joins some of you guys again sometime in the future :gtpflag:

Back