Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments

giphy.gif

You had to be there I expect. :)

Yes.
I was mr gullible. Colin shouted GO! And I went and got a false start penalty!!!!

:cheers:
Edited.

Hi all. Sorry I'm working tonight so can't make it.
However I am the proud owner of a glacier white ps4 pro and my copy of GTS just arrived. All I have to do is unbox it all and connect up and get myself a membership to psn plus!
Only problem is my wife might suggest I can't open it until Christmas!!! Anyway. Hope to see you all on GTS soon but can still fire up GT6 too.

Hi all. Sorry I'm working tonight so can't make it.
:(

However I am the proud owner of a glacier white ps4 pro and my copy of GTS just arrived
:)

Only problem is my wife might suggest I can't open it until Christmas!!!

No problem Suts, we'll keep GT6 going until the new year, just crack on hard with the Campaign section once Santa's handed it over; there're tons of cars to be won there 👍

As a celebration, I'll be driving it commando.

The usual then.

I'll be making the room public tonight folks. At least at first. If we attract too many kn:censored:s we'll go back to the 'Private' room in the club.

Cheers, Zo.

my wife might suggest I can't open it until Christmas!!!
It's only a suggestion though. Tell her it's best if you make sure it's working just in case you need to return it. Of course it'll need a thorough testing, many weeks worth I expect. ;)

Tank cars are bananas!
I'd better paint mine yellow then. :)
Edit. It turns out you can't paint them. Or even drive them very well.

I'll be driving it commando.
:eek:

I'm just going to get tanked up.

Last edited:
@Sutsagrd for your psplus subscription try cdkeys.com they have 12 month keys for £36.79

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/l/uk

Their wallet top up cards are cheaper too. I use them.

This post was made from my PS4 !

EDIT: If you read this bit Suts I'd recommend activating the free 30 trial first and then add the 12 month subscription - it works like a top up. You then get 13 months for the price of 12.

Last edited:
@Sutsagrd for your psplus subscription try cdkeys.com they have 12 month keys for £36.79

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/l/uk

Their wallet top up cards are cheaper too. I use them.

This post was made from my PS4 !

EDIT: If you read this bit Suts I'd recommend activating the free 30 trial first and then add the 12 month subscription - it works like a top up. You then get 13 months for the price of 12.
Thanks Paul. I've got it now. Managed to get a further 5% off by using Apple Pay!! First time ever I've saved money with Apple!;)

First time ever I've saved money with Apple!
The local Sainsbury's has an offer on apples at the moment. That's not what you meant is it? :)

Glad you saved a bit of money. Every little helps - that's from another supermarket. Other supermarkets are available.

@Zolon32 are we continuing to GT6 until the years end or (Suts permitting) are you going to make the jump to a GTS only RR earlier?
I suppose the "can't do this in GTS" theme could continue. Karts, custom tracks etcetera. Probably not tank cars though!

I've just powered it all up today. Still trying to get to grips with what I'm meant to do. Just been grinding through driving school. Then hopefully try some races. Any tips very welcome. What level do i have to reach to be able to race with you guys??

What level do i have to reach to be able to race
You've just got to watch two videos about how to behave online and that's all you need to join a lobby or sport race. Probably why sport races are a bit haphazard!

The leveling as far as I can see only really unlocks tracks to play in arcade mode. I'm still only level 18. I don't play it that much at the moment - only once online with Zo so far. I just do a few school/challenge/track events until I achieve my daily marathon miles to get a free car. Then repeat the next day. I had three cars Monday two from completing events and one daily.

The custom arcade races are pretty good now, the AI is improved over previous versions.

Title
Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more.

I had some good times on GT6 with several groups of racers. It's been a long time since I was on regularly but I still feel sad that Racers Reunited (on GT6) is over.
So far, I haven't felt the need to try GTS. If I do, I'll be Reunited with many of you again.
One of the great things about GTP is that we're never too far away from each other. I'll still be on here a fair bit so I'll see you guys around the forums.

Cheers everyone. :cheers:

It's an end of an era...but I think it'll be even better on GTS. I'm glad I've finally joined you all on GTS and am no longer holding you all back.
However GT6 introduced me to online racing GTP and all of you guys.

Funny our last GT6 outing was also the first outing for a newbie who joined who was so impressed by our banter and interesting racing they really wanted to join!!

Anyway I'll be joining you all on GTS Racers Reunited Again!!

"It's over! RR GT6 is no more."
Aww, just as I was beginning getting the hang of it too. :dopey:

I'm going to miss our GT6 gatherings. GTS is good but for me it's lacking a certain something. At the moment I seem to driving it less than I did GT5 & 6. I expect I'll warm to it though. Now if it had a souped up course maker I'd be on it all the time.

For those of you not wanting to move over to GTS you could always start another club or even keep this one going. Just an idea seeing how many people still play GT6. Shouldn't be a problem finding new members because a lot of people are looking for something organized that don't belong or know about this site.

The past two weeks our Tuesday night club racing has been maxed out online for over 3 hours or more. So the people are out there.. just a suggestion.

I like the car variety. It's a staple of the GT series and is sadly still missing on GT Sport. The (overdue) car pak update will help, but nowhere near enough. Still, patience may bring rewards.

A very merry Christmas to all at Racers Reunited and congratulations on making the jump to PS4. If any of you are lucky enough to get a copy of Project Cars 2 in your Christmas stockings please be sure to join your old pals in "Sick's Race Room" on Mondays and Wednesdays in 2018.

2018 Programme.jpg

On Wednesday 27th we are holding some Festive Fun races in the Audi A1 in the snow at Bannochbrae, Scotland - join us if you can !

Latest Posts

Back