Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
Are we doing some more GT6 mucking about this week? I've got a rare week at home!

Incidentally, I only missed you last week because I was invited back to defend my title - and drive this:

20171025_101624.jpg

Are we doing some more GT6 mucking about this week? I've got a rare week at home!

Incidentally, I only missed you last week because I was invited back to defend my title - and drive this:

Looks like fun!

Yep, Tuesdays are still on, on GT6 for the time being. How about Rockets at Paul's Rocket Raceway. Stock, on C/M tyres. The circuit's designed specifically to overcome the gearing issue. It's a belter, and easy enough to become familiar with.

Cheers, Zo.

Anyone fancy a run at this?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dragon-trail-300km-november-25-9-16-entries.363235/

Last edited:
So I might try and catch you guys for a race at some point:tup:

Man, it would be good to see you some time Joe; until you disappeared into the distance that is.

How about the 520pp Lotus Carlton on C/S at Apricot Hill tonight guys? I seem to recall that being a bit of an epic battle...

Cheers, Zo.

Wasn't sure if you were GTS-ing this week. The kettle must be continuously on the boil what with this and all your late night GTS sessions. ;)

I'm GTS-ing at every available opportunity Paul. Taking part in the manufacturer's championship test events. I'm still wildly in love :)

Had a go at arcade. Man it's fantastic, I could spend the rest of my life on it. And I've got into the livery thing; could spend the rest of my life on that too. Then there's online racing... I could spe... well, you know what I mean.

I'll be setting up a room this Thursday. Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 at Dragon Trail-Seaside. Going to mess with depletion a bit and see how that works out.

See you tonight, hopefully.

Cheers, Zo.

Ah, the Carlton. Last time we raced it Dusty was still around.
Has anybody ever raced with him in Assetto Corsa?

I won't be able to join in on the Carlton event tonight but I went and found some of Colin's old photos, featuring the one and only Dustybin. They're still nice pics to look at, Colin. 👍

MXdVDWHgPPVo6vbaxm_0.jpg
qVylU5mERUF4xgB30Q_0.jpg
RrQWalzM8t1vmsMm6_0.jpg
T07vU2QEU4X4VpM9Pn_0.jpg

A suggestion for next Tuesday. An idea used some time back in the Zero Cup days.

7(ish) lap races at Tsukuba in the stock MX5 TC (or anything else you feel is suitable).

The races will use the extra chicane after the Dunlop bridge and include a 'joker lap' in which you may run the regular layout on one lap only during the course of the race.

Last edited:
A suggestion for next Tuesday. An idea used some time back in the Zero Cup days.

7(ish) lap races at Tsukuba in the MX5 TC (or anything else you feel is suitable).

The races will use the extra chicane after the Dunlop bridge and include a 'joker lap' in which you may run the regular layout on one lap only during the course of the race.

I like it Paul. A bit of chicanery going on :lol:

Not sure if Zo has anything planned but here's another Tuesday idea with something that is not doable in GTS...

Fit some spiked tyres on to the Citroen Xsara Rally car '99 and have a few races around Chamonix (main) in the snow. Perhaps with light boost to keep the pack together since it's a long-ish track

Fit some spiked tyres on to the Citroen Xsara Rally car '99 and have a few races around Chamonix (main) in the snow. Perhaps with light boost to keep the pack together since it's a long-ish track

I was considering something along the same lines Paul, but with lower powered, easily managed, cars to try and keep the group together. We'll kick off at 8:30 and see how it develops 👍 (Always quite enjoyed the Minis that Mick used to race.)

Cheers, Zo.

but with lower powere
I did try some lower powered motors but they sort of get bogged down a little in the snow. The Xsara, which is "only" 300bhp and FWD felt the most exciting yet easily controlled. The Renault Megane Trophy was my second choice. But as you say let's see how it goes.

Catch you later hopefully.

Okay folks, by way of testing out the idea, I've set the OP up with Reefer's specs for his diverse array of motors. Let's check them out and see if we can create some very unusual replays.

Cheers, Zo.

Okay folks, by way of testing out the idea, I've set the OP up with Reefer's specs for his diverse array of motors. Let's check them out and see if we can create some very unusual replays.

Cheers, Zo.
I shall try to make it.

Incidentally, I have a road circuit tune for the Jeffcar that I put into the GT6PG. It's on the forum somewhere, in the Tunes Database. I think it's from an older version of the game, but should still work okay.

I won't be messing around with tuning myself Famine. I never know whether any setup is actually quicker than another, or if I'm driving better/worse. Definitely can't 'feel' a difference.
You will with the stock cars. In standard form they handle road courses like a freshly slapped kipper thrown down a bobsleigh track.

Back