Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
What are we up to this week?
arrow_down.png

we'd better Kerfuffle again sometime

Why not some more fuffling if you're able to host, Famine? Dare I suggest my own track for a race or two.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/motoyama-speedway.4682/
It received a glowing review from our mutual friend reefer/joe_kerr.

having turned around at a pre-determined location, and finally turning around once more at the same
location for the third and final lap heading in the normal direction again.
This might explain it a bit better.

We were ~10 on track that time at the Nordschleife. I remember driving Nordschleife the wrong
way was very interesting. We even tried it at Monaco one time driving Midgets, didn't we?

NuumlrburgringNordschleife__34_zpse59b6c22.jpg

Well that's how the 'Turnaround' works anyway, remains to be seen what sort of interest there is in it.

Why not some more fuffling if you're able to host, Famine? Dare I suggest my own track for a race or two.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/motoyama-speedway.4682/
It received a glowing review from our mutual friend reefer/joe_kerr.

It would be a pity not to do some more DeFluffing, with all those cars being bought. I'm up for that.

Thanks for the Turnaround vid Jocke. We could give it a spin on the 10th, with Famine not being available to DeFluff that day.

Cheers, Zo.

Can I put my Circuit Sans Nom forward as well for a race at some point.

If I remember correctly you seemed to like it @Zolon32 (the crazy Lambo race). It would be a shame not to give it a go once more. A fast-ish car is probably recommend or the Rocket since I modded the final section to make it suitable.

Charger SRT8 for me I believe this evening.

Can I put my Circuit Sans Nom forward as well for a race at some point.

Oh yes indeed. I've got an idea for a 'Sort of Turnaround' race, that should be a giggle Paul. I'm hoping to roll it out next week, and Circuit Sans Nom would be a nice match for it. What a damn pity that the created tracks can't be transferred to GTS.

Charger eh? Put the kettle on when you've finished, and I'll be along for a cuppa some time :)

Mind you, the Nova can pick up its skirt a bit too, and sounds fantastic (for the final 500RPM)

Cheers, Zo.

@Famine am I correct in thinking that I'm starting in the Nova tonight?
Charger SRT8 for me I believe this evening.
I don't mind how we start off really. I can do a quick calculation and see where everything ends up.

I'm not bothered what track we're on either. The sheet chucked up SS Route 5, which I've then selected the reverse version of. I've not driven @JockeP22's track but I think 3.5 miles might be a bit much if we're trying to get 5/6 races done inside the hour-and-a-bit. I'll set the time limit to 8 minutes whatever though.

I'm also not happy with the Elise's performance, as it seemed that anyone in it struggled to keep the pace of supposedly slower cars. I've done a few tests on tracks with longer straights and I think I'll move it. Not a huge amount, but it looks like it's about four places out.

No worries. How about @tarnheld's Pau Circuit instead.

The link leads to a page that it 'under maintenance' Jocke. Given that GT6 isn't PDs main priority I wonder if it will come back up. If it doesn't Famine won't be able to access the track for purposes of opening the room. Having said that, anything (almost) is better than S Stage 5, forwards or backwards, in my opinion.

Bring on the racing!

Cheers, Zo.

That is odd. It worked an hour ago.
It's probably everybody overloading the site in their excitement over the recently announced GTS demo. :)

We'd better stick to a "normal" track. How's about Mid-Field?

We'd better stick to a "normal" track. How's about Mid-Field?
I've just spotted that Midfield isn't even in my randomiser :lol:

Midfield or Laguna Seca perhaps?

Incidentally, I've juggled and jiggled the car list round a bit. Depending on who's with us this evening it would now be:
@buybon355 - Subaru BR-Z S '12
@bloodyboyblue - Tesla Model S Signature '12
@Conformation - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
@Famine - Peugeot RCZ '10
@IfAndOr - SRT Charger SRT8 '11
@JockeP22 - Subaru BR-Z S '12
@Sutsagrd - Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
@Team_SWE_1 - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
@Venari - BMW Z4 M Coupe '08
@Zolon32 - Subaru BR-Z S '12

That Tesla is a bit of an angry old heifer. It really doesn't like you leaning on it in the corners...

So... what I did was carryover all the finishing points and car levels (I retested, then reordered the car list; car 8 was the Corvette, but became the RCZ so I would have started in the Corvette but instead started in the RCZ; some didn't change), assign @Zolon32 his starter car by my carefully-calculated performance differential from CHYLB/RAR/CHYBB, and gave him the same Kerfuffle points total as the person currently in last.

Race 1
1. @Venari - BMW Z4 M Coupe - 24pt
2. @IfAndOr - SRT Charger - 23pt
3. @Zolon32 - Subaru BR-Z - 19pt
4. @buybon355 - Subaru BR-Z - 23pt
5. @Famine - Peugeot RCZ - 24pt
6. @Sutsagrd - Corvette C2 - 27pt
7. @JockeP22 - Subaru BR-Z - 21pt

Race 2
1. Zolon32 - Chevrolet Nova - 28pt
2. buybon355 - Chevrolet Nova - 29pt
3. Venari - Scirocco R - 28pt
4. Famine - Corvette C2 - 27pt
5. IfAndOr - Dino 246 - 25pt
6. JockeP22 - Elise - 22pt
7. Sutsagrd - Firebird Trans Am - 27pt

Race 3
1. IfAndOr - SRT Charger - 34pt
2. Venari - Shelby GT350 - 34pt
3. JockeP22 - Shelby GT350 - 26pt
4. buybon355 - Evoque - 32pt
5. Sutsagrd - Subaru BR-Z - 29pt
6. Zolon32 - Evoque - 29pt
7. Famine - Firebird Trans Am - 27pt

Race 4
1. Zolon32 - Chevrolet Nova - 38pt
2. Famine - Golf R - 33pt
3. JockeP22 - Dino 246 - 30pt
4. Venari - Chevrolet Nova - 37pt
5. Sutsagrd - Golf R - 31pt
6. buybon355 - Clio RS - 33pt
7. IfAndOr - Elise - 34pt

Race 5
1. Sutsagrd - Audi TT 3.2 - 40pt
2. JockeP22 - Scirocco R - 36pt
3. IfAndOr - Dino 246 - 38pt
4. Famine - Clio RS - 36pt
5. Venari - Subaru BR-Z - 39pt
6. Zolon32 - Peugeot RCZ - 39pt
7. buybon355 - Golf R - 33pt

Race 6
1. Venari - Chevrolet Nova - 46pt
2. buybon355 - Scirocco R - 39pt
3. Famine - Subaru BR-Z - 40pt
4. JockeP22 - Shelby GT350 - 39pt
5. Zolon32 - Firebird Trans-Am - 41pt
6. Sutsagrd - Clio RS - 41pt
7. IfAndOr - Audi TT 3.2 with the wrong trousers - 38pt

The next race would be:
buybon355 - Shelby GT350
Famine - Evoque
IfAndOr - BMW Z4 M
JockeP22 - Subaru BR-Z
Sutsagrd - Chevrolet Nova
Venari - Peugeot RCZ
Zolon32 - Evoque

We had four different winners and five different seconds and thirds, everyone got a podium at least once and there was no duplicated podium. I think everyone except IfAndOr (two Dinos, two Chargers) drove at least five different cars in six races, and we had some decent tussles all over the place in quite a strange selection of machinery.

I love a good Kerfuffle :D Thanks for indulging me for the last two weeks!

So next week I'm away and the GT Sport demo is out anyway. The week after that is GT Sport Eve, but I'll be around if there's more GT6 going on.

It's probably been two years since I experienced lag like that to my own car. And every single menu loaded ten times slower than normal and I had to reboot twice after getting stuck in them.

Don't know why it happened, my connection have always been strong and I haven't changed anything in my setup recently.
At least I had some on.
Unlike a certain "under-the-weather" cylinder. *wink wink*

Paul & Mark
Mid-Field Raceway_12~2.jpg

Andrew & Jocke
Mid-Field Raceway_13~3.jpg

It's probably been two years since I experienced lag like that to my own car. And every single menu loaded ten times slower than normal and I had to reboot twice after getting stuck in them.

Don't know why it happened, my connection have always been strong and I haven't changed anything in my setup recently.

Paul & Mark
View attachment 677155

Andrew & Jocke
View attachment 677154
Connection has been erratic since yesterday for me as well. Both on the ps3 & 4. Thinking about that, youtube has been very laggy for the past 24 hours all the same. I just blamed it on cyber warfare from our dear neighbour "RocketMan"... :)

Don't know why it happened,
Perhaps you were also wearing the wrong trousers.

Indeed.

What on earth is that piece of equipment he's looking at in the last picture? Looks like an old arcade game. Missile Command maybe. Judging by their rapt attention I think he might be trying to beat the high score.

I like the cable drum which says "this piece of equipment has just been placed here for a photograph" and the fact it seems to be plugged into a coaxial aerial. Perhaps he's just catching up on Dave on Freeview.

I've just watched back the 3rd-6th place tussle from the fifth race. Top stuff that lasted pretty much the entire race with passes for position in most corners :lol: Pity we lost the Golf from it near the end, but it was hilarious. Couldn't relax at all, just in case.

Looking over those pictures again makes me think I should try for a notebook franchise in NK. I'd be on to a winner.

tussle from the fifth race
That was a cracker, it could have gone either way. Much like the Golf.

I just realised that if I had been living in North Korea and made fun of the Supreme Leader like I just did above, I would probably be hunted down and publicly executed without a trial and my family made to work in a salt mine for the remainder of their lives.

I've been reading up on the Supreme Leader a little bit on my lunch hour and Wikipedia doesn't even know when he was born.

It says;
born 8 January 1982–84 or 5 July 1984
:lol:

Wikipedia doesn't even know when he was born.

He wasn't born, you heretic, he's a god! Gods just are...

Cheers, Zo.

EDIT:

Well folks, the end of GT6 is very nearly upon us, and we already have two notified absences for next week, plus GTS demo will be available. So, in the expectation that we'll have a severely depleted grid, I've come up with a simple concept to put the silly fun side into the racing.

Basically, we'll be using the KTM X-Bow Street, on C/S tyres, around Autumn Ring Mini. Sounds pretty silly, but where, you might ask, is the fun in that. Well, the fun is in the turnaround bit. Each driver has to do a 360 on the start/finish straight each lap. Get it wrong, and you'll lose yourself a lot of time. Clatter into someone who's doing it, and you'll both lose a lot of time. Unpredictable racing, that's what I'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
So your moving GT Sport Zolon?

I'm just expecting enough people to do so to make gathering a reasonable grid on GT6 more or less impossible John. Time will tell, but I don't think that GT6 has long left, even though I'm still enjoying it as much as I ever have.

Cheers, Zo.

Back