Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
I think I've found a glitch car in the regs
Hmm, I possibly have the same one. We'll have to wait and see. ;)

I've got quite a few spares ready as well. I must test them all out, there might be a gem amongst them.

Where did you end up for your birthday then Colin?

Liverpool! Did the whole Beatles tourist thing including getting very drunk at the cavern. It was excellent!

Pah! Long haired louts. They'll never last, you mark my words.

Just a quick word on the racing front fellas. The RX8 is marketed as a 4 door motor, but its rear doors cannot be opened independently of the fronts, so it's not a true 4 door in my view. Delightful as it is, it's off the menu for Tuesday. If it makes its way into GT Sport we could always have a championship with it one time, it sure is a beautiful drive at 300BHP and 1150kg.

Speaking of weight, there will be a win penalty of 75kg, with 30kg for second place, and a 30kg reduction for last place.

Cheers, Zo.

Engine tune to maximum of 300BHP. (With power restrictor set to minimum of 95%.)
I just want to double-check this rule... Does that mean that we can have anything from 316hp (300/0.95) up to 600hp (300/0.50), so long as the power limiter can bring the power down to 300 when set between 50% and 95%?

I just want to double-check this rule... Does that mean that we can have anything from 316hp (300/0.95) up to 600hp (300/0.50), so long as the power limiter can bring the power down to 300 when set between 50% and 95%?
I read it as 300 maximum when in the dealership with a tuning limit then imposed of 95% minimum on the power limiter while staying within the 300 horses after engine upgrades.

The RX8... Delightful as it is, it's off the menu for Tuesday
Damn it's the only one I can get to go around in a decent time. Time for a rethink. :)

Can I also clarify. Are we sticking to the same car all evening or mixing and matching?
Oh and is tyre wear in use? The FF cars do eat their fronts quite quickly.

I'm hoping it's @Conformation 's theory since that's the one I'm working with.​

I read it as 300 maximum when in the dealership with a tuning limit then imposed of 95% minimum on the power limiter while staying within the 300 horses after engine upgrades.
So up to 300hp on the dealership screen, then any amount of tuning up to a maximum of 316hp, because engine limiter can only go as low as 95%?

I do have some frankly ludicrous choices in here :lol:

Can I also clarify. Are we sticking to the same car all evening or mixing and matching?
Oh and is tyre wear in use? The FF cars do eat their fronts quite quickly.

I'm hoping it's @Conformation 's theory since that's the one I'm working with.

You can swap as much as you please Paul. Tyre wear will be on normal, so shouldn't be too bad.

So up to 300hp on the dealership screen, then any amount of tuning up to a maximum of 316hp, because engine limiter can only go as low as 95%?

Yep, Mallet's got it correct Famine 👍 (as do you, of course :))

Cheers, Zo.

I'm reading it as - If you buy a 300hp car from the dealership then don't touch it. Anything less and parts can be added to bring it up to 300hp but if those parts take it slightly over use of the limiter is allowed to bring it down to 300hp - within the 95% limit.

Ok guys. I have very limited time to get this sorted and might only be allowed on just before 830pm!!

Please can you guys give me a list of all 4 door cars that I could use? I had a look for about 5 mins and found the Alfa 155 and 166 and the Audi A4 and a BMW 330 so far! Thanks.

Hope to join you guys on Tuesday.
:cheers:

Please can you guys give me a list of all 4 door cars that I could use? I had a look for about 5 mins and found the Alfa 155 and 166 and the Audi A4 and a BMW 330 so far! Thanks.
Both the Audi A4s are S4, and so 4WD.

I have...

Alfa Romeo 156
Alfa Romeo 166*
BMW 120d
BMW 120i
BMW 330i
Citroen C5
Citroen Xantia
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Taurus SHO
Honda Accord Euro-R ('00 & '02)
Honda Civic Type R '08
Lexus IS200 & IS300 (all generations)
Lexus GS300*
Mazda Atenza/6 (all versions; not Mazdaspeed)
Mazda Familia/Protege
Mercedes-Benz 190E
Mercedes-Benz A160
Mitsubishi Lancer EX
MINI Countryman*
Nissan Primera (all generations) & Infiniti G20
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT (not '08) & Infiniti G35
Opel/Vauxhall Vectra
Pontiac Vibe GT
SRT SRT-4
Toyota Altezza
Toyota Aristo*
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Will VS
Toyota Voltz
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI
Volkswagen Polo GTI
Volvo 240 GLT*
Volvo S60

Some might not hit power or weight. There's also a number of five-door city cars that I don't believe will hit the power requirement - Citroen C3, Honda Jazz, Mercedes A160 - but I'm not willing to find out. Some Prius models fit too, but I don't know how they'll cope getting up to 300hp and again, I'm not willing to find out.

*Almost certainly too heavy to reach the 1150kg limit with weight reduction

Last edited:
The "production car" rule scuppered one of my cars a bit. I'll prep it anyway and see if it'll fly, but I have others :D

Edit: Oh shazbat. It won't fit anyway because it's too heavy. And I was hoping to have the only MR four-door too :(

Last edited:
The "production car" rule scuppered one of my cars a bit. I'll prep it anyway and see if it'll fly, but I have others :D

Edit: Oh shazbat. It won't fit anyway because it's too heavy. And I was hoping to have the only MR four-door too :(
Oh chuffpanthers. My backup car can't have a bodykit or wing or anything. I can't even put a stupid carbon-fibre bonnet on it :(

Volvo 240 was in my list, but it *is* too heavy by a long way. Shame. :D

Bora is 4WD. Also shame.

One car that would fit but can't be made heavy enough is the Renault 8. Shaaaaaame!

You've missed a couple. One is my secret weapon. Bwuahah. Bwuahahahah. BWUAHAHAHAHAAH. BWUAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Last edited:
Bora is 4WD. Also shame.
Tits.
One car that would fit but can't be made heavy enough is the Renault 8. Shaaaaaame!
I looked at that, chortled, figured it was too light and moved on.
You've missed a couple. One is my secret weapon. Bwuahah. Bwuahahahah. BWUAHAHAHAHAAH. BWUAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Quiet you, or I'll ignore the weight penalty and take the Countryman anyway :D

My car was going to be the Isuzu 4200R - but it's not production and it's just a little too heavy.

Also, it's a 2-door. :D
Nope :D

1989_Izuzu_4200R_03.jpg

I sit corrected. I saw the shutline but believed the wiki.

SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET IS WRONG!

I've managed to whittle it down to a couple that I can hustle around in the 1.42s offline. A FF and a FR. There's a couple more "spares" that aren't too far behind.

I wouldn't have even considered the 4200R as being a four door! Colour me surprised.

Oh the Volkswagen Golf VI R is 4wd too. ;)

I will 6,000% need a text half an hour before this happens, as I'm elbow deep in GT Sport for professional reasons.

I will 6,000% need a text half an hour before this happens, as I'm elbow deep in GT Sport for professional reasons.
Yes I haven't noticed that in 'friends activities' on the PS4 and I haven't been curious what you were up to in the game and I haven't been just a tiny bit jealous either.

The words above are almost certainly 5,634% not true.

Back