Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
If having me around gets too annoying, let me know and I'll take myself off and practice a bit more first.
Heck no. We all had to start somewhere so a few mistakes are expected. The more online track time the better. We're a pretty forgiving bunch and it's all just for fun. I thought you did very well for your first race anyway. 👍

There's no point being able to do a 1.32 by myself if that turns in to a 1.36 when there are other cars around me.
If you're only loosing 4 seconds that's pretty good. I've been online racing for a few years now and my usual trick is to qualify near the front (when there's no cars around) and then manage to drop to the back by the end of the first lap. One of these days I'll get the hang of it. :P

Great fun in the Mazda Kumosabi @Zolon32 - Nice choice.
Good job I just checked, it's a Mini Cooper S for next week, I'd have turned up in a Ka otherwise. Now that would have been a handicap! :)

Good job I just checked, it's a Mini Cooper S for next week,

Yeah, it took me by surprise too Paul, but my memory isn't soo good, I might still turn up in the Ka. The boy used our house as a hotel/stop-off a few days ago, on his way to a meeting in Leeds. He rang us as he set off from Suffolk, and rolled up three hours later. We'd one to bed, forgot all about our son telling us that he was visiting! We're not going to live that one down in a hurry.

Cheers, Zo.

Late shift tonight. I'm not running away, honest. It's most awfully inconvenient how work can get in the way of fun. Hope you all enjoy your racing.

Lily

That looks like a nice motor, by the way
It's certainly not a Mini Cooper S! However after a bit of practice (I know!) I'm finding the Mini is a fun little machine.
Got to go and water the garden now but, all being well, I'll see you later.

Paul's pass on me for the lead into turn one in the final race was about the best pass I've seen online.
That could of ended up disastrously but it worked out OK. I quite impressed myself even. ;)
However you were back in front of me by the next lap. :boggled:

I agree there was some really close bumper to bumper action. Good stuff indeed.

Bring on the nitro Ka!

Anyone interested to run 2.4h @ Sarthe on 1st Jul with ARS group :rolleyes:
More info here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-r-s-group-page.293809/page-34#post-11857464

Hi Jammy. I'm sorry fella, but I'm out of commission right now, and LeSarthe is one of my least favourite tracks in the game.

Hi chaps, just dropping a note to let you know that I've got a minor ailment, which will prevent me from hosting this Tuesday. I haven't a clue how long I'm going to be out of order, because the medical profession is struggling to identify the cause.

I'll let y'all know when things change. Sorry :(

Cheers, Zo.

I've got a minor ailment, which will prevent me from hosting this Tuesday. I haven't a clue how long I'm going to be out of order, because the medical profession is struggling to identify the cause

Sorry to hear that Zo. Wishing you a speedy recovery. That wasn't intended as a pun!!
Best wishes
Suts :cheers:

I've got a minor ailment
Yeah sorry to hear that too. Keep taking the tablets and I hope you return to full health soon.
I've been meaning to ask, but keep forgetting, how's your neck now since the op?

the medical profession is struggling to identify the cause.
Turismoitis? A glazed expression and cramping of the hands caused by stareing at a screen while gripping a wheel for long periods.

It can be a bit hit and miss on the day as to whether I'm available to host but if I'm able I'll open a room up. I'll try a few car and track combos this evening and update this later.

Hmm, might be a little thin on the ground then. Suts isn't even available until 2030 which is 13 years away!

Saying that, if I'm around I might still fire up a room and run some short courtesy car races just to keep it simple. Possibly around one of my tracks. Might as well get some use out of them.

Suts isn't even available until 2030 which is 13 years away!
I might be playing from beyond the grave by then!!:crazy:

Fancy an open room and play it by ear?
That might work?!
:cheers:

EDIT:
Great fun tonight. Thanks for hosting Colin.
Great racing venari, Jocke and Paul. And Ayumu who joined us.
Hope your lagoon special effects gets fixed!!
:cheers:

Last edited:
I've missed you guys. I'm having Internet installed in my new gaff on Tuesday. After almost 10 months away I'll be rustier than hell but keen to get back on.

I've taken to a pub quiz on Tuesdays in my new area so maybe I should look at doing alternate weeks between quizzing & racing?

maybe I should look at doing alternate weeks between quizzing & racing?

You will always be welcome to pop in anytime you're available. It's all just for fun and to have a bit of a laugh so it's entirely casual. You might be just in time because we are slightly dwindling in numbers what with people moving over to the PS4 and other games. But there's still a few of us "Old crew" hanging on in here - and indeed a newcomer here and there. Jocke joins us quite often too.

Zo's not feeling himself at the moment* but there'll usually be someone filling in for him running some kind of races.

So yeah, whenever you can there'll be a space for you. It'll be good to see you again. It sure has been awhile!

*The doctor has told him he should stop doing that. :dopey:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's worth pointing out for those who haven't spotted it...

Conformation - aka M_Mallet_Jr - aka S_Bridge.

Interpol will catch up you at some point. :P
(bolded correction to my PSN handle)
& here I was thinking I was a master of disguise.

Hello fellas. Thanks for the good wishes. Turns out it was a bacteria, and they've given me the appropriate medication now, so it's been brought under control. I feel like a new man!

(bolded correction to my PSN handle)
Greetings Mallet, truly great to see former race-mates still being interested in GT. There's still a lot of fun in the old game yet.

Did you use the Ka/Nitro last Tuesday chaps?

Cheers, Zo.

Rightio, we'll do it on Tuesday then.

About my neck, by the way, it's been fantastic since the op. I've got a bike with quite a flat riding position, and ten minutes on it used to have me in agony. It's perfectly comfortable now, and I've been considering getting some relatively serious off-road stuff in for the first time in years and years. That's one of my first objectives once the biological invaders have been fully vanquished. I can't wait.

Cheers, Zo.

I've got my Nitro Ka ready for Tuesday, although it does seem to have gone a bit funny.
54d825b47e2dad863485c350aaad9589.jpg

I might need to turn the boost pressure down a little!

No wonder they wear flame retardant suits

Back