Racing Game Sales Figures

Gosh the last time I checked the UK game chart it was on Teletext!

Does anyone actually buy games based on the chart? I know with music people can be influenced but with gaming it seems to be much more of a word of mouth thing.

BF2 is bundled with PS4 so its going to chart. It should be noted that the UK has slipped to 3rd or 4th for European videogame sales and anything below the top 5 is only selling a modest 1200 to 5k copies at best and that's the upper half of the top 40. FH3 has charted since it launched last year but GT Sport day 1 sales beat FH3 lifetime sales to date in the UK. Which should also be noted.
Mate, do you have any evidence for this stuff or are you spouting off and running since you got proved wrong last time? Stop saying 'should be noted' and actually reference your claims correctly.

BFII wasn't bundled anywhere near as heavily as you're pretending. Just seen your post history too, seems to be a trend of passing opinion as fact so I'm not surprised you won't be able to back up all your points INCLUDING Forza 7 supposedly being ~£8

@Pennzoil23 - There's nothing credible about VGChartz, unfortunately.

Last edited:
GT Sport has consistently been around the top 15 in the UK since the turn of the year. Forza 7 dropped out of the top 40 a couple of weeks ago.

Mate, do you have any evidence for this stuff or are you spouting off and running since you got proved wrong last time? Stop saying 'should be noted' and actually reference your claims correctly.

BFII wasn't bundled anywhere near as heavily as you're pretending. Just seen your post history too, seems to be a trend of passing opinion as fact so I'm not surprised you won't be able to back up all your points INCLUDING Forza 7 supposedly being ~£8

@Pennzoil23 - There's nothing credible about VGChartz, unfortunately.
Its well-known what kind of numbers video game software puts up on a weekly basis in the UK. Have you ever even seen UK numbers before? Probably not.

Its well-known what kind of numbers video game software puts up on a weekly basis in the UK. Have you ever even seen UK numbers before? Probably not.
So, I'll ask again. Do you have any concrete sources that support what you're saying or are you making an estimated guess based on those numbers?

Also, you've still not provided proof that FM7 was anywhere near as cheap as you pretended it was.

So, I'll ask again. Do you have any concrete sources that support what you're saying or are you making an estimated guess based on those numbers?

Also, you've still not provided proof that FM7 was anywhere near as cheap as you pretended it was.
For a 7 was cheap tho. You're trying to argue semantics

'trying to argue semantics'

Okay, so you lied. Thanks for clearing that up.
Prove that Forza a wasn't on sale then. Your articles are trash and you try to paint the narrative that FH3 is the bestest selling racer thus gen. It isn't that would be GT Sport. Now I get why you got your panties all in a bunch just realized you're the one writing these inaccurate articles :lol:

Last edited:
Prove that Forza a wasn't on sale then
I literally provided a hyperlink in my first message that showed Forza on sale. I did not claim Forza 7 wasn't on sale. I was making clear it was not as cheap as you pretended and subsequently can't support. It's really that simple.

Forza 7 was nowhere near that cheap. At best it was between £18-20 at a push, hardly $10.

The article specifies that bundling factored into the sales of Horizon 3. Literally in writing.

You claim I'm inaccurate when the only person who has stated any inaccuracies is you, poor soul. Shame you've resorted to personal attacks over backing up your points.

Last edited:
Prove that Forza a wasn't on sale then.

That's not how proof works — absence isn't proof, existence is.

Your articles are trash and you try to paint the narrative that FH3 is the bestest selling racer thus gen. It isn't that would be GT Sport.

@Brend hasn't suggested that (source: editing every one of his articles). What he has commented on is the staying power of FH3 in terms of the UK sales charts — something which the numbers reflect, so I really don't understand what your issue is.

Do you have any actual facts for this latest claim? We'd love to have an article about it if so — we already had one about GT Sport being the best-selling racing game in the UK during 2017. Note that that would exclude the first three month's worth of FH3's sales, making its position all the more impressive (as the only 2016 launch in the top half of the list). Considering most games typically accrue the majority of their sales in that time frame, and that we haven't seen official sales figures from T10 nor PD, we'd love to hear how you know.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Brendan Rorrison (@Brend) on February 28th, 2018 in the Gaming category.

Need For Speed Payback ...According to a report from gamesindustry.biz Gran Turismo Sport was the best selling racing game of 2017 in the UK, followed by Mario Kart 8: Deluxe and Forza Horizon 3.

GTS was also the second best exclusive title sold in the UK in 2017, only surpassed by Crash Bandicoot Remaster

Here's a surprise:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

FM7 is sitting in fourth in the UK last week, with GT Sport at 14th. Both moved up five spots from their previous positions.

However, it doesn't quite mean they're selling like hotcakes. Far Cry 5 retained its top spot, but sources say it sold something like 60% less in its second week than its first. That means the exact numbers for this most recent chart are probably all quite low. Nonetheless, it's good to see the racing games have some legs to them. 👍

Back