Rally Content (GT7)

• Thread starter oli440
  • 14 comments
Amar posted this link in another thread and it might have some relevance to this discussion. http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/460-Gran-Turismo-5
The Loeb Rally Challenge and GT Rally Event had really low completion rates in GT5, under 1/8 people. Perhaps that's why there is so little focus on rally this time around, just doesn't appeal to enough people.
Or maybe because it was way too hard for a lot of players.

It's pretty obvious that GT has never been a series with a major focus on rallying, but what we were given in GT4 was seriously fun. Lots of rally cars, beautiful rally courses (even if they weren't point to point) and a whole section of the career mode dedicated to it under 'Special Condition Events'. Rallying is one of the main reasons I love this series. Call me strange if you like, but the sensation I get from rallying in GT is greater than many games with a pure focus on rally.

I'm sure many people will agree that rally content in GT5 and 6 was disappointing, so I sincerely hope that GT7 offers a more refined and longer rally experience: With more premium rally cars, the return of rally courses dating all the way back to GT2, and the return of 'Special Condition Events' (a section of the career mode dedicated only to the rally experience) incorporating both classic rally courses, and the randomly generated point to point rallies we saw in GT5, but with major improvements.

Potentially, the FIA partnership with Gran Turismo recently confirmed could grant us access to the latest selection of WRC cars (such as the Mini JCW, the Citroen DS3 and the Ford Fiesta RS). It's a long shot, but it would be fantastic if a number of actual WRC stages were selected and modelled into the game, with the full set of pace notes, voiced by a famous WRC co-driver. It's not exactly impossible, as the Goodwood Hill Climb and the Pikes Peak course (from GT2) prove that point to point courses have played a major part in the GT experience.

Rally is not an enjoyable feature for all GT players, but if PD has shown an interest in previous games (pre GT5), it would be devastating to many people if it was to fade away. I honestly can't imagine Gran Turismo removing the rally aspect. It's what made it different to its closest rivals because it extended the games variety of mororsports, and simulation across multiple road surfaces.

Rally is a feature I adore in Gran Turismo, despite the controversy with its execution.

Amar posted this link in another thread and it might have some relevance to this discussion. http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/460-Gran-Turismo-5
The Loeb Rally Challenge and GT Rally Event had really low completion rates in GT5, under 1/8 people. Perhaps that's why there is so little focus on rally this time around, just doesn't appeal to enough people.

The biggest thing is convincing people that it is okay to be in a constant drift. Plus, Rally isn't as popular as circuit courses. Not saying it isn't popular, it's just not quite AS (in some of the big GT sales areas).

But, there are many, many options, and the lack of dirt is pitiful.

If there are not more dirt courses, as well as point-to-point in this and future GT's, PD/Kaz will have lost touch completely.

I also did not play Rally Events in GT5 it was boring with this understeer physics,but now I enjoy Rally in GT6 with KTM X-Bow 👍

maybe because it was way too hard for a lot of players.
Difficulty might be the reason PD removed rally mode, endurance races, FGT championship, and gave us a career mode with only boring casual sprint catch-up races.
I don't mind games having options to make it more accessible to casual players but I wish PD had included options to make the game more interesting for serious players too.

FS7
Difficulty might be the reason PD removed rally mode, endurance races, FGT championship, and gave us a career mode with only boring casual sprint catch-up races.
I don't mind games having options to make it more accessible to casual players but I wish PD had included options to make the game more interesting for serious players too.

PD have a perfect formula for Gran Turismo, and rather than improving it in the way we want it to, they seem to be taking things away... :(

FS7
PD have a perfect formula for Gran Turismo, and rather than improving it in the way we want it to, they seem to be taking things away... :(

Yep. And it sucks. And that is why GT is failing.....

Event generator in OFFLINE mode is needed! That said, most people DON'T play for hours on end anymore. But, it would be nice to have the option for when we want to.

Event generator in OFFLINE mode is needed!
Or at the very least have more options in arcade mode races.
Like being able to choose standing starts, grid position, AI cars, enable damage, enable fuel/tire wear, etc.
The way it is right now GT6 is a good game to play in time trial only after I acquire the cars I like, but if I want a proper race I have to go play something else.

FS7
Or at the very least have more options in arcade mode races.
Like being able to choose standing starts, grid position, AI cars, enable damage, enable fuel/tire wear, etc.
The way it is right now GT6 is a good game to play in time trial only after I acquire the cars I like, but if I want a proper race I have to go play something else.

If only we could do that for the rally courses in GT6... it's really annoying when there's too many cars racing on a rally course, and half of them aren't even rally cars...

It can't be a hard thing to create. Maybe they will bring it in through a future update, but I doubt it -.-

Back