Rally pack expansion discussion

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 214 comments
Will you be able to make rally cars out of convertables?! like the Ferrari 458 Spyder! can you imagine that!:dopey:
Hm, 288 GTO could be used as a base for this:

19270d1259008843-vitalones-new-wheels-ferrari308gtb.jpg

The livery was already created in FM4, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still not sure whether or not I'll be getting this, at first I couldn't wait but I don't know now. I'll wait for some gameplay videos on the release day to see whether or not it's worth it, if not I'll put the money towards other games.

I'm not too sure about the pack now. The only integration with the main game is you can use your current cars to rally with. There are no cosmetic mods meaning you only have 5 rally cars to play with. Sure you can put some livery on other cars but it wouldn't feel the same. The other stuff is generic mods like higher ride height and some tires? The ride height is already too high as is. If the fools can make all the cars higher why can't they make the cars lower? Having to do these stupid lowering glitches is lame and you can't even drive them lowered. The dirt effects also seem very low. The cars barely kicks up any dirt. Do the cars also accumulate any dirt and debris?

I think people that enjoy wannabe rally games like Rallisport Challenge would love this. Since they claim this is pretty much it's own game (not expansion) then we can bring it on. So direct comparisons should be made with WRC, RBR, Colin Mcrae, V Rally, Dirt, etc.

Of course this is just all speculation. Anyways this game is $$$!

I think people that enjoy wannabe rally games like Rallisport Challenge would love this. Since they claim this is pretty much it's own game (not expansion) then we can bring it on. So direct comparisons should be made with WRC, RBR, Colin Mcrae, V Rally, Dirt, etc.

Why do you say Rallisport Challenge is a "wannabe rally game"?

I still have it, maybe I should pop it back in. During those times I thought it was way off compared to Colin Mccrae, WRC, and V Rally. I even thought Sega Rally 2 DC was better. Everything seemed cheesy IMO. Nothing but a bunch of cars racing around wide tracks together going off road. Couldn't fall in love with it like most people have. Not saying that it sucks, but it surely wasn't for me.

Maybe you mean the first game? I only played the second game and remember some pretty tough time trials in along with the stellar art direction.

Whoa! Yeah I meant the first game. I do not remember 2 at all. I think I skipped it because I did not like the 1st one that much. It looks great and nothing like the first. I want it now but seems like it is not backwards compatible.

If anyone cares, CMR4 is backwards compatible and it runs okay. There is some slowdown (don't remember if the og Xbox also had the slowdown). It is still very playable and looks much better on today's modern tv's. You can also use a wheel but my lazy butt never tried it with my wheel. You can pick them up dirt cheap.

Yeah, the first Rallisport Challenge was an okay arcade racer, but the second one really found its groove. CMR04 was good too, but its floating-brick physics are kinda wild.

DLC rarely drops at midnight. Largely because of time zone discrepancies. Especially with such a global game. It will probably be released before noon according to some time in America.

downloading now ingame !!!

Same here! Won't be able to even play until I get home from work unfortunately. :grumpy:

But at least I can try to get the downloading out of the way now. In the meantime, I'm going to have to stay away from here and FM.net so nothing is spoiled for me. :D

The download finished faster than expected so I have a little time to play with it. I just want to clear this up now and say that there are no visual rally upgrades for the other cars in the game. We only have the same body kits we had before.

yes but with the rally upgrades the rwd cars are a blast on the rally courses.

you can do everything within the rally game mode buy cars, upgrade cars, paint buy designs.

to me the game feels like the wrc games or ralli sport challenge, in a good way !!!

The download finished faster than expected so I have a little time to play with it. I just want to clear this up now and say that there are no visual rally upgrades for the other cars in the game. We only have the same body kits we had before.
Bummer.

Did you get to check out the rally stages yet?

Bummer.

Did you get to check out the rally stages yet?

I didn't get to do much of that. At the beginning, there's a qualifier you must do in the 2005 Impreza. That's all I know right now.

So far so good, gotta say its quite a challenge to beat the A.I on hard. The handling feels fantastic though, you can tell these gus have a history with dirt

Back