(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
Hi guys, I'm very curious about the drifting in GT5 and I am fascinated by all your drifting skills but before I get myself to drift anything / anywhere, I must tell you: I do not own a wheel. Also unable to purchase one in the near future so I'm stuck with the DS3 controller.
So my question is: is it even possible for me to make decent drifts ??

i do not use a wheel, and i am fairly new at this. i am learning fairly quickly how to get sideways around corners and i think that with enough practice you will be able to do it just fine with a controller. i cant wait until i save up enough extra money to make my own cockpit though!

Hey Lads :D

Been playing Gran Turismo since GT3 but never really got into the drifting side of things. However since finding this site I'm totally hooked on it. I'm not very good and struggle to exit corners with out spinning out, but I'm enjoying slowing getting better. :D Really impressed with the friendliness of the community here, and would appreciate if people could add me and practice with me a bit :D

Currently tuning a S2000 06' To be a drifting machine ;)

psn: SyG_RiiVAL (Just message me if its full) :D

And I'm from England, and play most weekends :)

Not entirely new to drifting on GT or AFK, Used to do X-link a bit. Is it just me or is this missing wheel inch increments and Offset adjustments?
I'm getting back into the Groove of the whole online drifting thing with my Full Built S15, although I'm kinda struggling with the fine tuning right now, but it's getting there.
I'll be sure to see many of you out there sooner or later.
TsukubaCircuit_1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

RedBullHangar-7.jpg

And here is a Pic of my old GTS-T,
DSC01441.jpg

Hey Man Nice R32 U got there:tup:. Do you use it for drifting?

Hi, I'm ParksidE (as seen on Killzone2 if any of you played it)

I played GT2, 3, skipped 4 and have eagerly awaited this bad boy for longer than I care to remember.

I'm completely new to the world of drifting but am eager to learn. Started a little already and am finding my feet... Slowly!

Currently 'attempting' to drift in a Silvia S15 R Spec using some settings that I found on the site. I'm also trying to tune an old Datsun Bluebird, which was used by Japanese Police way back. One of my mates has one of these, which he drifts in real life far better than I will ever be able to emulate but it's a challenge >_<

I run using a G27 on wheelstandpro and race like a demon but drift like an drunken child.

As I get better, I'll try and meet up online but for now, I'll work on getting that beast sideways and controlling it :)

pEAs 2011

What's up guys, I'm phrantik and I'm brand spanking new to GT and Drifting.

I had been doing nothing but racing until last night when I was in a lobby with a couple guys and we just started goofing around and drifting. I was instantly hooked, I picked up more than I thought I would out of 2 hours and woke up today to start working on a drift car.

I bought the S13 and found some tunes on the forums and have been trying them out. I'm not very consistent but I do get some awesome drifts every now and then.

Add me to friends and hit me up anytime you want to drift :D

Hey all

I love drifting. it's so addictive. IRL i own a nissan silvia S13 CA18det, but looking to upgrade as i am finding it a little underpowered for my drifting habits.

I havn't liked drifting in any other versions of GT but i find it is quite realistic in GT5, only thing i need is a seat that moves and a g27, then i won't need to own a real drift car, lol. I am running a built S13, same as the one i own but alot more powerful.

Hope to meet some people and improve my skills. would love to do some tandom drifting, i may need some more practice for that though.

( my psn is the same as my forum name, msg me if you wanna do some drifting )

Hey, I've been playing GT since GT2, started drifting in GT3 but didn't play GT4 too much and pretty much lost it all. I use a DS3 but I'm looking around for a cheap DFGT.

My favourite cars to drift are the Skyline 2000GT-R, the Buick GNX and Silvias. I'm not great right now but I was decent when I drifted in GT3 so hopefully some of it will start coming back as I practice.

My PSN is MBdr_Tremblett. I haven't played online yet but add me if you want to drift with me sometime.

Howdy,
I've been away from GTP for a while, just thought I'd stick my head in here and say hi, now that I've started drifting again. Currently finding my way around the TGTT in a 400bhp TVR Tammy, great fun, especially on CH tyres!

Hi guys,

I'm ZacK, been on the GT series since the beginning and enjoy drifting a lot.Would love to find mates to drift online and be part of a team soon.

Add me (ZacKisBacK_Fr) for online fun! 👍

Well, it looks like I have alot of cleaning up to do. * sigh* All this because I missed a couple of day. Welcome to GTP drifters, PLEASE! Use the search bar and the stickies before making a new thread. There is a handy video in the first post.

Thought I'd introduce myself here.

Name's Cerebus, and I've been drifting in GT5 since it came out. I'm a big fan of japanese cars and right now I'm going sideways in my blue Sileighty.

AutumnRingMini_10-1.jpg

I might look for a team or something similar to drift around and take pictures with but I'm still new to this forum so I'll have myself a look around first to get a feel for the place. Alright, I think thats all, Nice to meet you all!

First post is updated, Our Teams are growing and growing! Remember to read the AUP and the search bar/ stickies.! <3

Well, hi guys, I guess, hehe

So the name is martijn, and online I'm known as VerschooF
I'm from holland, rotterdam.

I'm most of the time a online drifter so, you will probanly see me online in one of the drift rooms.

I'm not that good but i'm learning ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Folks,
New to GTP and drifting on GT5. I've been at it for about a month of my DFGT. It's coming along well. I can hold some nice drifts in my s13 (nice settings Twinturbo) and my mkIII supra. My problem now seems to be linking drifts. I guess that's gonna come with time. Some pics.

4 by jackson_randi, on Flickr

hope i did that right.

Hi, I'm Axxident, 14, Live in Sweden, new to GTPlanet but I have been playing GT5 since the day before release ;) First GT game was GT3, which also was the first PS2 game I ever played.

/Axxident

Forgot to introduce myself the first time i came here lol

My name is Derek, aka SKR-Kaizer, u can call me Kai as well
(Used to be called NLR-Kaizer in Forza)
Currently living in Canada

I started drifting in games about 8 years ago,
from the famous Kaido series to GT4, D1, Prostreet, GRID, Shift, Forza 3,
and now I'm in GT5

Signature move is backward Entry! and yes, I don't like AWD/FF Drifter

hello name is Jonathan, and along with my brother we started the drift team red suns here on the gt5 forums. we have been drifting in video games since gt4. but we just got our first wheel not too long ago for prologue and gt5. i was wondering if its ok to have our team put in the list of drift teams?

Welcome to GTP 👍 remember to read the stickies and use the search bar. Drift on:tup:

The first has been updated. It seems that we have a really good amount of teams and I have just been messing with the color red. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Well,
I came here.
Because.
I love to go sideways!!

Anyone wanna drift sometime? I really need to get my work on tandems,and random online servs are mostly filled with idiots..

Anyway,smooth slidin y'all!!

Untitled by

Looks like everything is updated. Teams if you wanted color in the font, let me know. Otherwise, I threw in a Street fighter reference color..:lol: Drift On!

Looks like everything is updated. Teams if you wanted color in the font, let me know. Otherwise, I threw in a Street fighter reference color..:lol: Drift On!

:lol:
Can you put Team Burst in purple for me :sly: ?

Last edited:
Back