Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter RockerBR
  • 607 comments
I strongly assume that time change will arrive in a later update.
Why? Besides the trailer and website indication, this track currently uses real-time shadows, something only tracks with time change use. So the base for time-change is already there, maybe it just needs some adjustments.

Announcing DLC at an E3 conference is a bit silly in my opinion, at least they didn't spend 10 minutes talking about it.
I was wondering why the change in aproach by PD in delivering this DLC only a day after announcing it then Forza 5 nurb popped into my head which was only released last week.

Anyway i downloaded it all, Tried the track for a few laps in the new cars, Turned it off untill the next DLC, It's good DLC but the game is still the same bag of poop, You just now get to experience that poop at a different location

Anyway i downloaded it all, Tried the track for a few laps in the new cars, Turned it off untill the next DLC, It's good DLC but the game is still the same bag of poop, You just now get to experience that poop at a different location

To be honest that attitude can be levelled at any improvement they make to the game? What single update would make the game not a bag of poop for you, or, what is it that other games have that GT doesn't that makes GT appear to be a bag of poop? Because, to me, it just sounds like you don't like racing/driving games.

First impressions; I like this new track. Done a few laps yesterday in my KTM Street, was fun.

👍

Don't think the track itself has been altered since 1996 as it's as I remember it too... have to get out old games to double check.
It hasn't been altered since 1996 - this layout is the altered version of the old Osterreichring done by, none other than, Hermann Tilke (responsible for Bahrain International Circuit, the new Hockenheimring, Sepang International Circuit, new Fuji Speedway, etc). So what @twitcher was getting at is true.

Strange that PD didn't include the second short version which was in Grid 2. Given their penchant to boost track count with variations it would've been easy to do (just rearrange a few barriers). But then again, they didn't give us Suzuka West when it was previously in GT4...

View attachment 173008

I guess they didn't include it because it has no pits.

Suzuka west on the other hand... no idea. Just PD logic.

I personally think that PD did this because Forza released the Long Beach for free (while the car is paid). Competition is great you know

Both of them has kindness in its own heart. its just its parent company that dont allow to. (guess which)

Oddly on the GT website the RB Ring is listed as having time change. Future update maybe?

Sadly to this day, PD/Sony still lists Eiger Nordwand (the DIRT track) having weather changes and the ORIGINAL track with nothing. Either we’re getting mud tires in a future update or this is another “Oh well, who needs proof reading” or the ever famous “Translation Error”.

It hasn't been altered since 1996 - this layout is the altered version of the old Osterreichring done by, none other than, Hermann Tilke (responsible for Bahrain International Circuit, the new Hockenheimring, Sepang International Circuit, new Fuji Speedway, etc). So what @twitcher was getting at is true.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding @twitcher, but I read it that he played F1 2003 and raced on the A1 Ring and it was a different track as it is now, which it isn't, it's exactly the same.

Are you serious? Here is what you are saying: You honestly think that someone at PD thinks that people will before buying the game will visit the games official website and check the the time details for a specific track that is not even on the disc and base their decision to buy off that? Seriously? False marketing...:rolleyes:
No they won't buy the game based off that alone and I never implied they would.

I strongly assume that time change will arrive in a later update.
Why? Besides the trailer and website indication, this track currently uses real-time shadows, something only tracks with time change use. So the base for time-change is already there, maybe it just needs some adjustments.

I really doubt it. But I would pay for it. I always play on this track with changeable weather. Although the time is 3PM in afternoon it looks more beautiful. I love this track.

I really doubt it. But I would pay for it. I always play on this track with changeable weather. Although the time is 3PM in afternoon it looks more beautiful. I love this track.
We are already paying for it through the microtransactions on offer...

Or at least a few rich, stupid people are. I'm guessing that it's the same reason why content on GTA V is free; except R* push you hardcore to buy money if you want to get anywhere.

That's pretty much my unrequested theory. Microtransactions. Microtransactions and PS4s.

Strange that PD didn't include the second short version which was in Grid 2. Given their penchant to boost track count with variations it would've been easy to do (just rearrange a few barriers). But then again, they didn't give us Suzuka West when it was previously in GT4...

View attachment 173008

They didn't include it because it can't be used in real life.

The part that connects the track right there is actually a service area, not really suitable for racing.

We are already paying for it through the microtransactions on offer...

Or at least a few rich, stupid people are. I'm guessing that it's the same reason why content on GTA V is free; except R* push you hardcore to buy money if you want to get anywhere.

That's pretty much my unrequested theory. Microtransactions. Microtransactions and PS4s.

Actually most games out there have little content in comparison and yet they have season pass day1 DLC and what not. Polyphony are much better and update their game for free. So if they start charging it is reasonable as that is the standard these days.

Having said that I agree once you purchased their game. Especially their fans who did day1, pre-order the anniversary edition like I did. We should get post launch support for free.

For comparasion, here is the Lotus 97T at old Red Bull Ring......in the 1990's video game:

And todays GT6, just to show how far gaming goes:

I fear who ever was driving that old game he was on it impressive even for a old game mind especially the replay

For comparasion, here is the Lotus 97T at old Red Bull Ring......in the 1990's video game:

[/media]

Funny it is ,that at the time many of us were probably drooling over screenshots in gaming magazines > look how real it looks, almost like the real thing,3D graphics!!!... :D

What game was that from?

PS: Those "good old" VGA times required a fair amount of imagination [beside seeing what is on screen] .

Last edited:
Funny it is ,that at the time many of us were probably drooling over screenshots in gaming magazines > look how real it looks, almost like the real thing,3D graphics!!!... :D

What game was that from?

PS: Those "good old" VGA times required a fair amount of imagination [beside seeing what is on screen] .
Formula_One_Grand_Prix_Coverart.png

its a 1992 DOS game. It has a sequel before it becomes abandonware.

More screenshots:
Formula%201%20Grand%20Prix_1.png

Formula%201%20Grand%20Prix_2.png

Formula%201%20Grand%20Prix_7.png

This is my favorite. It looks like coming out from instagram:
Formula%201%20Grand%20Prix_8.png

(The video is not mine)

It's a track made in editor for GP1. So quality is much worse than original circuits made for the game.

Funny (or rather sad) thing is that AI and damage in Geoff Crammond's GP1 is still heads and shoulders above what we have in GT6.

Except it has been altered, by none other than Tilke himself....it just happened more than 10 years ago. Reconfiguring it to be safer was the first "full track" he worked on (ie first track to be "Tilke-fied").

I too remember playing this track on some old F1 game, 2001-2003, something in there. I used to love it, as it was the easiest track to learn. Now, it's "meh"....

How it looked back in the day, when it was a pure speed circuit:

zeltweg197101.jpg

Honestly, I think this is the best work Herman Tilke has done on redoing a track. While its not quite like it used to be, its not overly complicated and bogged down the way Fuji is.

Indeed, it was done before either he or the FIA decided pretty much every track had to have a slow, twisty section with no flow. I remember reading it was so advertising on both the hoardings and cars could be seen more easily, but I don't know how true that is.

Honestly, I think this is the best work Herman Tilke has done on redoing a track. While its not quite like it used to be, its not overly complicated and bogged down the way Fuji is.
Agreed.

Though I do understand the type of turns needed to make a modern F1 car actually slow down have to be quite awful for any type of normal race car, his tracks are still aesthetically poor.

Back