Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter RockerBR
  • 607 comments
I never claimed otherwise but I don't see how that affects my opinion on this track.

@Terronium-12 said he doesn't care for the track at all, why don't we all jump down on him for daring to not love this new addition?

Shows the importance of punctuation, I meant... "I'd have to agree. There is much worse in GT at the moment." As in, I agree this looks pretty good, and in the context of tracks in games this is nowhere near as bad as some others.

Shows the importance of punctuation, I meant... "I'd have to agree. There is much worse in GT at the moment." As in, I agree this looks pretty good, and in the context of tracks in games this is nowhere near as bad as some others.

It's brand new though, I'd be worried if it looked as bad as the old PS2 tracks.

Well now, isn't this grand? :lol: 👍 This is truly great news. 👍 I don't usually hop on these hype trains, but in this case it looks as if its relatively safe to do so. :sly: Track looks great and can't wait to drive it. It reminds me a lot of Spa in a few ways, which in my opinion, is a good thing. 👍 So yea, finally something for me to get exited about. :D

Come on @TokoTurismo , you know you're excited too. :sly: :lol: Better than that damn car, uh?
You bet I am! I can not believe a track from Grid 2 is coming to GT6! I'm incredibly happy we're getting a fresh new track!! When it comes to tracks, I'll never complain. Ever.

happy.gif

GT6 has great graphics. This will look amazing in motion and replays should be pretty good as well. Seriously stop trolling this thread

Oh now here are the "you have a different opinion to me, you're trolling" comments. Great.

Hate to break it to you but what you just said is not fact. It's an opinion that you're entitled to, just as I'm entitled to mine.

I'm pretty sure the problem is the trees, which will either head the toward the direction you're facing (Like in Ascari... creepy), or just look like cartboard cutouts. :P

That's the problem with 2D objects. You either have 6000 2D objects or 600 3D objects for the same file size. Not even the next gen is using 100% 3D trees yet because it takes up too much memory and GPU to run it and it affects the frame rate. Just look at GT6's Bathurst and it's 3D tree lined track...

What? Most games do that for surrounding land, but I'm not talking about that.

I've not seen many, not even from the Next-Gen crowd.

Again, who said I was talking about the stuff outside the track? Everything in those screenshots looks lower quality than I'd hope for and it's certainly not the first time, there are plenty of low res textures on other tracks that I do notice when driving. But I suspect we're going down the same route as the Senna tracks here, where when I pointed out that they were a weird mix of modern scenery and 80s layout I was told I should stop looking at the surroundings and just focus my eyes 100% on the tarmac and nothing else. Someone else was told to photoshop the 80s surroundings into their photos. Roll eyes indeed.

You're expecting far too much from a PS3 game my friend. It's a console with 256Mb RAM. How good do you think things are going to be when it has less power than my current Smart Phone?
It's far better than any other game's recreations of tracks, GRID 2 for example, and it runs smoother with prettier graphics all around. You're expecting far too much from a system that is nearly a decade old.

I'm not saying focus solely on the track. I'm saying it's less noticeable when you're driving and as a whole it looks fine as many have already stated. The Monza and Brands thing is a different story. Red Bull Ring is accurate to the way it looks today, or at least last year.

Oh now here are the "you have a different opinion to me, you're trolling" comments. Great.

Hate to break it to you but what you just said is not fact. It's an opinion that you're entitled to, just as I'm entitled to mine.
He does the same thing to me in the DriveClub thread as well.

I need to see the whole thing in motion but based on what I've seen so far i'd disagree it looks better than the GRID 2 version.

I'm well aware of the PS3 limitations and if you read my initial post you'll even see I didn't even really 'hate' on the track as it is now, I simply said it looked disappointing again and I hoped that for PS4 they put more of the available power into the tracks rather than all into the cars.

You can see it's GT graphics because of the distinctly average texture work, as usual. I really hope they make great strides in that area on PS4 and don't throw all the details into the cars again.

I mean you'd never mistake this for real life:

nature-meets-high-octane-racing-action.jpg

The texture work IS average even if we know why. Would you mistake that for real life?If not, where did I go wrong in my assesment?

Last edited:
That's the problem with 2D objects. You either have 6000 2D objects or 600 3D objects for the same file size. Not even the next gen is using 100% 3D trees yet because it takes up too much memory and GPU to run it and it affects the frame rate. Just look at GT6's Bathurst and it's 3D tree lined track...
Sounds reasonable... I guess it's better to take away all the trees and just replace it with cows and flowers.

Very nice!!! But I want a set-in-stone release date for this sucker, are we sure this is confirmed for tomorrow's update?? I won't be totally happy until I boot the game up and I've actually got the track to race on!! :grumpy: :grumpy: Ok I'll be a little excited :D

Wow, so does this mean it comes in the upcoming update? Track looks fantastic!
Nah, it'll probably come after the course maker. So hopefully, with a lot of luck, it will be implanted in GT6 after Christmas NEXT year (not this Christmas, that would be a totally unrealistic time schedule). ;)

Tot kijk!

I love it. I remember watching the Austrian GP on A1 Ring on TV as a kid, in the days when Häkkinen and Schumi were battling it out. I remember it looked so nice with all the elevation difference, against the backdrop of pine tree covered slopes. Also remember driving it in F1 98 on the PS1.

Then it was dropped from the calendar and some years later when I read it was demolished I was sad since I thought it was so beautiful and special. Then I read that Red Bull bought it and started rebuilding it, but they also stated it would not be hosting F1 again. But luckily the success of RB in F1 changed that, and I have been looking forward to the Austrian GP for months. I imagine it is a good track for spectators with all the elevation difference, since you can see a lot of the track from any point. Plus it's short, which means more laps and more action.

Back in GT5 I was hoping that the co-operation with Red Bull and GT would bring this track to GT. It took a while but I am so happy we are getting it now.

You bet I am! I can not believe a track from Grid 2 is coming to GT6! I'm incredibly happy we're getting a fresh new track!! When it comes to tracks, I'll never complain. Ever.

happy.gif

Great, glad to see you finally excited and positive about something that's coming to the game. 👍 Its been a while for me too to truly get excited about an addition to the game, I know how you feel. :) Kinda makes you forget all about that ugly ass car, now don't it? :lol:

Great, glad to see you finally excited and positive about something that's coming to the game. 👍 Its been a while for me too to truly get excited about an addition to the game, I know how you feel. :) Kinda makes you forget all about that ugly ass car, now don't it? :lol:
Indeed it does. :) Glad we're both happy to finally see something that excites us. Everytime I look at the screenshots, I image myself driving the X-Bow on it. That's how excited I am for this track! :D

Hope the Course Maker will come someday though. :(

Indeed it does. :) Glad we're both happy to finally see something that excites us. Everytime I look at the screenshots, I image myself driving the X-Bow on it. That's how excited I am for this track! :D

Hope the Course Maker will come someday though. :(
This track is going to be fantastic for touring car racing and NASCAR racing online. Hopefully PD will add a few races on the track for career mode or the seasonal event a-spec races.

WOOOOW 2 CARS , 1 Track !!! on this week?!!!:drool:

Whoa there, hold your horses.

Red Bull Ring, release date: Not confirmed by Sony, PD or Red Bull anywhere
VW VGT, release date: Not confirmed by Sony, PD or VW anywhere
Nissan 2020 VGT, release date: Not confirmed by Sony, PD or Nissan anywhere

..it's possible we get nothing this week.

Back