Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
That sounds fantastic, but they'd never do it. It's unfortunate that they - and so many other developers - seem intent on relying purely on American history in games. Assassin's Creed III was presented as being significant and profound, but was incoherent to me, and I had no awareness of the historical significance of parts of Fallout 4.
It makes even less sense when you realise Rockstar is a British company. Granted, the Houser brothers have always had an affinity for American media (which is why they created GTA in the first place), but you'd think they'd be interested in showing a little pride in their British heritage. Teaching the gaming world about British history and British exploits in places and time periods people tend to forget exists.

It makes even less sense when you realise Rockstar is a British company. Granted, the Houser brothers have always had an affinity for American media (which is why they created GTA in the first place), but you'd think they'd be interested in showing a little pride in their British heritage. Teaching the gaming world about British history and British exploits in places and time periods people tend to forget exists.

There really aren't all that many weapons available in Britain, now I for one am happy with the idea of beating people to death with umbrellas or stabbing them with a teaspoon from the local cafe (virtually of course) but the vast majority of players may not be :lol:

There really aren't all that many weapons available in Britain, now I for one am happy with the idea of beating people to death with umbrellas or stabbing them with a teaspoon from the local cafe (virtually of course) but the vast majority of players may not be :lol:
19th century Britain was a different place.
And South Africa and Australia in the 19th century were a part of the British Empire, and thus were considered part of the U.K. which is what I was referring to.

It makes even less sense when you realise Rockstar is a British company.

That's not strictly true. Rockstar Games is US company owned by the US firm Take Two Interactive; Take Two is the publishing arm, Rockstar is the development arm. One of Rockstar's subsidiaries, Rockstar North, is Scottish and responsible for the GTA series but Rockstar have a habit of taking over different game studios and changing the name of it to Rockstar [Location] and people tend to focus on the "Rockstar" part of the name and not the actual studio.

Rockstar San Diego (of Midnight Club, Smuggler's Run and Midtown Madness fame) are the people responsible for the Red Dead series, not Rockstar North.

That's not strictly true. Rockstar Games is US company owned by the US firm Take Two Interactive; Take Two is the publishing arm, Rockstar is the development arm. One of Rockstar's subsidiaries, Rockstar North, is Scottish and responsible for the GTA series but Rockstar have a habit of taking over different game studios and changing the name of it to Rockstar [Location] and people tend to focus on the "Rockstar" part of the name and not the actual studio.

Rockstar San Diego (of Midnight Club, Smuggler's Run and Midtown Madness fame) are the people responsible for the Red Dead series, not Rockstar North.
Can't forget that the Houser brothers who were born and raised in London, and Leslie Benzies who was born and raised in Edinburgh are the main writers and producers of every main Rockstar game. It's just the various studios that do the day-to-day work and coding.

Yes but they have officially said RDR2 is by R*SD and R*N.

Also don't forget Rockstar Leeds who were originally Möbius Games and bought out by Rockstar. They make the mobile games etc.

Can't forget that the Houser brothers who were born and raised in London, and Leslie Benzies who was born and raised in Edinburgh are the main writers and producers of every main Rockstar game. It's just the various studios that do the day-to-day work and coding.

You know that Leslie is gone now right? This will be the first game without him so will be interesting to see if it's much different.

You know that Leslie is gone now right? This will be the first game without him so will be interesting to see if it's much different.
Which is another thing to worry about. Can the Houser brothers produce a game the same way? Or is this the beginning of the end.

I really hope Rockstar can continue to make 9-10/10 games and that Benzies isn't Rockstar's Adrian Newey, in the lawsuit emails he was made to sound like that.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/14/11428072/the-great-grand-theft-auto-lawsuit-explained

When a company is as tight lipped as Rockstar appear to be and the only glimpse behind the curtains are 'corporate' press releases, the odd new game-focused interview and reports taken from disgruntled ex-employees, it's difficult to get a clear picture of what really goes on behind those closed doors. The article above is all from Leslie Benzies' side of the story. it's bound to take the stand that he's totally innocent and they, the Housers, are bastards. It may well be true, but it is only one side of the story and a load of hearsay built up from Rockstar's well documented secrecy.

Stunning. And Rockstar doesn't usually try to oversell things in trailers. Glad to see they've put all of the GTA-O money to good use. I'm seriously excited about this.

Some of those landscapes featured add weight, or certainly don't totally dismiss, that leaked map that popped up a while back. 👍

Okay, it's pretty ... but not much else.

Some of those landscapes featured add weight, or certainly don't totally dismiss, that leaked map that popped up a while back. 👍
I hope they keep crossover to a minimum. For one, I would like to explore an entirely new world, but more importantly, large parts of the original game world were empty or under-utilised. Sure, the frontier was barren and sparsely populated, but you could trim about a third of the world out of the game without negatively affecting it.

So maybe just keep West Elizabeth and Hennigan's Stead, but make everything else new.

The trailer looks great. I'm pretty excited, too bad it's a year out.

I really hope it's not like GTA V, where you switch main characters. I'm wondering if it's going to be like that, because the whole gang is pictured. I liked all 3 characters in GTA V, I just felt like it took away some, dividing the game between 3 characters. It was hard to get attached to any one, because you had to switch. I hope it's not like that. I would of liked to play the entire GTA V game as Trevor.

If this isn't the right place, move it, but Red Dead Revolver is in the PlayStation Store, for PS4.

Downloading it now.

It doesn't look that much better than GTAV. That's enough for me to look forward. RDR caught me off guard and became an instant classic!

Crazy how much time it takes to develop these games nowadays. GTAV was originally released in 2013 and RDR2 could even get delayed into 2018. Ok, the timespan between the two has probably also been strategic decision considering how long they've been adding to GTA Online, but great times when GTA went 3D and managed a superb trilogy within 3 years. Not that I would go back to early 2000s graphics, but the gaps between games of these proportions are getting huge.

If this isn't the right place, move it, but Red Dead Revolver is in the PlayStation Store, for PS4.

Downloading it now.

Having watched that, I can only count my blessings that Redemption was a lot more mature in its presentation and tone. I don't mind Spaghetti Westerns, but that was so forced in the tropes used.

The game has been delayed until Spring 2018.

http://rsg.ms/9b4d4b7

First Ace Combat 7 gets delayed until 2018 and now Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm sure both are for good reasons but I'm not really interested in many other titles this year, so it definitely sucks for me, great for my wallet but that's about it. Oh well, at least there is still Forza 7 to look forward to, possibly the new Battlefront if it turns out good.

Back