Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
Is that here or Worldwide?

Have no idea, can't find anything specifying if that's worldwide release date or just the US one.

Edit: Here are the new screenshots for anyone that didn't click on that link in the tweet.

8PyDY2PKf9kF5uS3UVbJMo-650-80.jpg

bvfY6kQSExdRHgEAjmfd7-650-80.jpg

BR8gjMFmYMqGpWBo63kFq-650-80.jpg

dQTiXcH9t8oaA8XeyWdMx-650-80.jpg

VJREb8qXpqo8SeK65iXz93-650-80.jpg

8ofciGBdXzWD7CseL3m3P3-650-80.jpg

Is it October yet?

Last edited:
I think Rockstar will keep delay Red Dead Redemption 2 so they can keep making more money from Gran Theft Auto V.

I doubt RDR2 will have much effect on what GTA takes in as people will probably play both. Or they are like me and have no interest in GTA but played the hell out of the first RDR and are eagerly anticipating the second (of course the exact opposite is possible as well).

Think of how Bathesda handles their Elder Scrolls and Fallout series'. Both have fairly similar gameplay (like GTA and RDR), but they have entirely different settings which separates them enough so both sell insanely well (again like GTA and RDR). Plus, huge titles like CoD are even moving their release dates in order to not have to compete with RDR2, so Rockstar would be monumentally stupid to leave that much money on the table.

Last edited:
Red dead redemption just got a 4k patch for Xbox one x. So i just purchased it for £7 from cex. Oh my god, i cant believe this is the same game that was on the Xbox 360, absolutely amazing patch. Graphics wise, i would say the patch has brought it up to gta5 graphics standard. So crisp, buttery smooth and a joy to play. Has to be the best £7 i have ever spent. All that time since 2010 been sat on a 360 disc, but only now has the games true potential been unlocked. Stunning game, buy it again, you won’t be disappointed !

Interestingly, the IGN article based on some playing time with a demo states several things that make the October 2016 'leaked' map (posted on the first page of this thread) look quite legitimate. It mentions the town of Valentine, with a rail track running close by. It talks in depth about gang hideouts - features shown on the map - and it also goes on about mountains in the north and bayou/marsh/swamps in the south. The 'leaked' map also shows some overlap of the RDR map including the town of Blackwater which features in one of the trailers.

At least all the multiplayer crap is only in the most expensive version. It saves me $20 and hopefully means they have put a fair amount of focus into single player since the pre-order and special edition stuff is all single-player.

I do find it rather odd that the pre-order stuff is only obtainable if you pull the trigger by the end of July even though the game releases in October. Unless of course I'm just reading it wrong and it's only talking about the treasure map.

At least all the multiplayer crap is only in the most expensive version. It saves me $20 and hopefully means they have put a fair amount of focus into single player since the pre-order and special edition stuff is all single-player.

I do find it rather odd that the pre-order stuff is only obtainable if you pull the trigger by the end of July even though the game releases in October. Unless of course I'm just reading it wrong and it's only talking about the treasure map.
I'll be an offline person for this game also, so pretty happy too. I think they're refering to the treasure map only because of the way the paragraph is set out. I would have thought they'd seperate the last line otherwise.

Last edited:
I'll be an offline person for this game also, so pretty happy too. I think they're refering to the treasure map only because of the way the paragraph is set out. I would have thought they'd seperate the last line otherwise.
I'm with you guys & won't be playing online.
A. I can't & B. Don't want to

There's also the small matter of having to procure myself a PS4 :embarrassed:

I play this purely offline and I surely won't preorder in the PSN store. If I preorder it in store here in France I get it for €49,99 instead of €69 on the PSN store. Ridiculous prices :dunce:

Attachments

• 2018-06-05 11_39_26-Start.png
    2018-06-05 11_39_26-Start.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2018-06-05 11_40_47-Start.png
    2018-06-05 11_40_47-Start.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
This pretty much confirms the July 31st date is just for the treasure map (which we'll probably be able to find a picture of online shortly after release :)).

oiiujkyhgb.png

This pretty much confirms the July 31st date is just for the treasure map (which we'll probably be able to find a picture of online shortly after release :)).

View attachment 743473
As I've said earlier, the online content doesn't interest me one little bit but, I can't wait to get into the rest of it.

Is it October yet?

Had an eye test at Specsavers this morning. Decided to pop into EB Games before hand and pre-order the special edition. First game I've pre-ordered since Red Dead Redemption. :lol:

Only 129 days to go...

Last edited:
Had an eye test at Specsavers this morning. Decided to pop into EB Games before hand and pre-order the special edition. First gane I've pre-ordered since Red Dead Redemption. :lol:

Only 129 days to go...
What do EB want for the Special Edition on pre-order?

What do EB want for the Special Edition on pre-order?

$130.

Not sure if what you get is really worth the extra $30 (it's certainly a lot better value than the collectors box that doesn't include the game though, imo :lol: :crazy:). But I've still got the special edtion of RDR on PS3, so it'll be nice to have both.

Last edited:
$130.

Not sure if what you get is really worth the extra $30 (it's certainly a lot better value than the collectors box that doesn't include the game though, imo :lol: :crazy:). But I've still got the special edtion of RDR on PS3, so it'll be nice to have both.
:odd:
Special edition of RDR?

Is that the one with the Zombie crap?

I just got the standard RDR game that came with the map.

Oh, I agree with you about the Collector's Box :grumpy:

If I was into the online thing, the Ultimate Edition would be tempting but, I think I'll just get the standard & work my through the game bit by bit.

:odd:
Special edition of RDR?

Is that the one with the Zombie crap?

No, no. I bought Undead Nightmare when they released it separately on disc. Never did finish it. :lol:
I just got the standard RDR game that came with the map.

Special Editon of RDR was just like the one I just ordered today. Came with things like, bonus guns, the warhorse, extra outfit, etc. Never actually used any of that stuff though because I didn't have an internet connection for my PS3 at the time.

Edit: It was the limited edition not the special. :dunce:
If I was into the online thing, the Ultimate Edition would be tempting but, I think I'll just get the standard & work my through the game bit by bit.

Yeah, same. I'm 100% offline player, non of that multiplayer stuff appeals to me much. The steelbook case that comes with the ultimate edition looks awesome though.

Back